It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now this may sound a little weird but i have an idea....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Sounds interesting, would be good in collabiterive (sp?!) fiction. Anyway, im in.

To make Mars liveable,

1. We need a government/monarchy that controls the entire planet.

2. Terraforming would take too long, so maybe some artificial environment bubbles? Complete with trees and buildings and everything you would need.

3. Some kind of space port that can accomidate any new shuttles that need to be built to get to Mars from Earth.

4. Defence station on one of the moons, you never know when you would need it.

Bit basic, but hey! Weve only just started.

Oh, and I would like to be in charge of the defence of our newly found colony.

to terraforming wouldnt be possible..
1st: even the simpliest of doing that would probably be like 30-50 years, and by that time the gov and laws might be different.. and their mind too
2nd: if really wants to terraform a planet..scientist should invent a device that allows one area to go into super time(i made that word up
it means fasten the time up like in 1000x)
3rd: who will own that place? might trigger a war..

the best idea i think is not to terraform..instead we make our own planet or create 50,000 square kilo cylinders....i mean just like the one in anime GUNDAM. only needs like 60years at the maximum.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Man I love this thread. Brilliant idea. Just a few questions though;

Assuming you are going with the asteroid hitting Earth in 10 years, which nation would actually get to Mars first? And what is there to stop them from claiming ownership?

I do have one idea though. BAN NUKES!!!

That raises another question. How differently would nuclear weaons work on the Martian surface? :puz

No atmosphere, no cloud... But the mushroom was so purdy....

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Right then, Im back from my Newquay surfing trip and have worked out what forces I need on Mars.

- an expiditenary (sp!) force of 25,000 (military personell) will be sent over first with scientists and engineers, fight back any aliens (just kidding!) and they will assess the sites that have been chosen to build on, if suitable, we build!

- there should be no diplomacy with Earth, they cant start anything, neither can we. If they do, we will detect any assault on our utopia instantly, and counter it. Communication with the Earth will be kept to the minimum, supplies will be essential of course, but if we have this amount of money to get to Mars and such, we can afford to set up a 'corporation' on Earth that can supply us without government intervention.

- this may sound a tad harsh, but the first wave of people on Mars (civilians, not engineers and people that can actualy do something worthwhile) will be assigned jobs on arrival. Men and women from Earth prisons could have these jobs maybe.

- last thing, martial law will be in force for the first few years og habitation, this is because no mess ups can occur when our planet is just being born.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Now I know this is going to be a little creative, but that is how planets are conquered, right. Since our ATS points are not going to be used for banking purposes here on ATS (link to thread - www.abovetopsecret.com... ) we could use them on Mars as currency...I vote myself finance minister. All in favor....
Here is a sample of how the economy will work -

250 points = one liter of oxygen
250 points = 16 oz of powered milk product
5000 points = one visit to "2012's house of ill-repute and rib joint"
15000 points = yout taxation to be paid to the finance minister (see me for details)

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hahahaha

'spose I'd better get posting

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was sitting here about to call it aight when I started pondering funding for tis project. How about we start a religion?
It could be a humans manifest destiny is in space kinda thing. stating the only way to salvation is throught the exploration of the universe, and the first step to salvation is mars. it worked for l ron hubbard.

is anyone going to step up with details on project orion?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I seriously dont think a religion would be a good idea. It would get a bit weird. Maybe everyone can worship you Lord Vilmur, for bringing us to the great red planet of oppurtunity!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Religion has blighted the progress of technological and spiritual advancement for non-believers for the past few thousand years. To damn this project with religion would be a bad in my honest opinion. Why not see what we can accomplish without it? Just for once?

I don't think that religion would be much help in space. An old ideal for a new frontier? Hell, why not equip our forces with sticks and stones.

A bad idea.

Edit; I'd worship Lord Vilmur for sure

[edit on 20-8-2005 by alexias]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As Minister of Interplanetary Commerce - There will be no taxes or excises levied against any who wish to trade with Mars.

-Ships will be billed for using the Interplanetary Commerce's space ports. As by law no trading ship may enter into Martian atmosphere until the contents of the cargo have been checked. The more cooperation we receive from ships, the less time the spend in the ports and the less the bill will be.

-In order to prevent space docking of smaller ships to larger ships before they reach the port, all ships will be billed by gross net tonnage of the contents of cargo. So it will be necessary for all ships who wish to do trade to dock at the port an verify its 'empty' weight, this will also be billed.

-Anyone caught using gravity displacements or modifiers in order to escape our weighing systems will have their ships, crew and corgo ceized immediatly until I, the Minister or my droogs, deal with said problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but while you are permitted to go live on Mars, you may not set up a government there. The UN thought about this almost 40 years ago.

From Declaration of Legal Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space

3. Outer space and celestial bodies are not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.

Found at: www.oosa.unvienna.org...

There may be a more serious problem as well. I know that in zero G the human body loses about 1% bone mass per year. NASA has no idea why this is and no idea how to stop or slow it. I don't know for sure that this would be a problem on Mars, but with only about 1/3 Earth gravity it is something you had better consider.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Zanzibar,
I have something for you to research. Mars' atmosphere and gravity are much less than Eatrhs, does this mean we could have one model of airplane that would work for atmospheric and space flight?

If so the air force and space aeronautics could all be in one body.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Lord Vilmur]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but while you are permitted to go live on Mars, you may not set up a government there. The UN thought about this almost 40 years ago.

From Declaration of Legal Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space

3. Outer space and celestial bodies are not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.

There may be a more serious problem as well. I know that in zero G the human body loses about 1% bone mass per year. NASA has no idea why this is and no idea how to stop or slow it. I don't know for sure that this would be a problem on Mars, but with only about 1/3 Earth gravity it is something you had better consider.

Hey don't try to confuse me with the facts, another tirade like that and your Martian citizenship will be revoked!

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have researched into that and I think it would be possible, though the plane would have to be considerably larger than usual as it would have to have boosters to stablize its orbit and its faster movements.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Too bad the UN is not a ruling body. We do not submit to their will nor their perceived authority. UN is more of a global cooperation commitee limited to earth.

Their decleration is flawed in that it only pertains to members of the UN, we are not a member of the UN, we are sovereigrn Martians.

Their decleration as well is flawed again. 'Celestial body' may pertain to any body in space, this would include satellites. Their negation of a country's soveveigrnty over their own satellites is flawed.

The bone loss phenomena will be corrected by evolution and by advance medical practices and technologies created by the much the smarter race of Martians.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Too bad the UN is not a ruling body. We do not submit to their will nor their perceived authority. UN is more of a global cooperation commitee limited to earth.

Their decleration is flawed in that it only pertains to members of the UN, we are not a member of the UN, we are sovereigrn Martians.

Their decleration as well is flawed again. 'Celestial body' may pertain to any body in space, this would include satellites. Their negation of a country's soveveigrnty over their own satellites is flawed.

The bone loss phenomena will be corrected by evolution and by advance medical practices and technologies created by the much the smarter race of Martians.

Well said Frosty.

Now Frosty as a side note, how about the amusement park built at cydonia? Do you think Hoagland would pay to come up there and "prove" his theories (lol)

I guess I need to get back to the funding drawing board now that my religion idea has been poopoo-ed by my ministers.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Lord Vilmur]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The IC will need a small fleet of vessels to handle matters pertaining to piracy.

-Piracy is noted as being the act of, though not limited to, comandeering another ship be means of boarding, running into a ship to disable it, threatening to fire upon the ship, or verbal harrasment communicated to another ship in violent manner.

-All acts of piracy will involve the apprehension of said ship, cargo and crew. The contents of the ship and the ship itself will then be sold off to pay for any debts which the IC holds.

*The captain of the pirate ship will be punished by death, all officers (noted as those with certain amounts of authority) will be sentenced to 8 years in prison and all others to 3 years.

-Piracy will not be noted as an act in the breach of a ships 'bumper' zone, a predetermined area for which all ships are to give one another a deemed amount of space.

-The area pertaining to enforcement of these laws will be 15,000 miles from Martian atmosphere and any other territory surface.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
The IC will need a small fleet of vessels to handle matters pertaining to piracy.

-Piracy is noted as being the act of, though not limited to, comandeering another ship be means of boarding, running into a ship to disable it, threatening to fire upon the ship, or verbal harrasment communicated to another ship in violent manner.

-All acts of piracy will involve the apprehension of said ship, cargo and crew. The contents of the ship and the ship itself will then be sold off to pay for any debts which the IC holds.

*The captain of the pirate ship will be punished by death, all officers (noted as those with certain amounts of authority) will be sentenced to 8 years in prison and all others to 3 years.

-Piracy will not be noted as an act in the breach of a ships 'bumper' zone, a predetermined area for which all ships are to give one another a deemed amount of space.

-The area pertaining to enforcement of these laws will be 15,000 miles from Martian atmosphere and any other territory surface.

Frosty these are good ideas, but sentencing will be handled (for now) by our defense dept. Zanzibar please look over the sentencing guides and give a yay or nay. I will then declare the legality of it. I still believe in a trial and sentencing by jury, but early on we may not have the luxury of these ideals.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Vilmur Now Frosty as a side note, how about the amusement park built at cydonia? Do you think Hoagland would pay to come up there and "prove" his theories (lol)

I think we should give him an initial free ride and tour that way he may become infatuated with it and then pay to come back again and again. An initial payed visit may deter him and make him partial against the idea, and Hoagland speaks volume to the masses.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
Now I know this is going to be a little creative, but that is how planets are conquered, right. Since our ATS points are not going to be used for banking purposes here on ATS (link to thread - www.abovetopsecret.com... ) we could use them on Mars as currency...I vote myself finance minister. All in favor....

15000 points = yout taxation to be paid to the finance minister (see me for details)

Interesting idea, (is your name some sort of tertiary statement?) Frost as Minister of Finance, what do you think of this idea? Perhaps it would allow us to see who is doing the most to "build" our colony

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Vilmur

Originally posted by 12 12 2012

Interesting idea, (is your name some sort of tertiary statement?) Frost as Minister of Finance, what do you think of this idea? Perhaps it would allow us to see who is doing the most to "build" our colony

We need to find something to back any form of currency before issue opf the currency. This would encourage trade from off-worlders. It gives our investors the sense that if, which will never happen, our economy collapses their investments will be secured as they are backed by a valued commodity. Such as it was with gold in the US, which eliminated its gold standard in 1933, oldly enough the same year the US brought the rest of the world into its depression.

I like the idea as it gives ATSers high a higher sense of value and responsiblity towards growing a strong Martian economy.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Frosty]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join