It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange UFO encounter in Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm from Alaska, and have heard that Alaska is a place that is frequented by UFOs.

I personally, have not had any of these encounters, but when talking on the subject with friends and family, I found out from my brother-in-law that he had a strange ufo encounter.

First of all, let me explain that I'm not quite convinced about all these aliens/ufos that everyone (but me) seems to see, so I'm intrigued about this phenomenon that is occurring.

Some background for you: The place of the encounter was in a very remote area of Alaska, near Copper Center.

My brother-in-law lived in a cabin and would walk quite some distance to catch the bus for school. Anyone who has lived in Alaska knows that in the winter, it is very dark most of the time, and in the early morning hours....it is pitch black.

So, one morning, after getting on the bus, he said everyone saw a UFO for a minute or so, then it was gone in an instant. Then ahead of the bus, a strange orange (glowing) light floating in the road and the driver just drove through it, and as they passed through it, there was a nasty smell of rotten eggs. (this is the first time i've heard of strange smells associated with ufos).

After they passed through it, the smell was gone, and they proceeded to school.

So, I wanted to share this with everyone and to hear your stories of encounters in Alaska (or anywhere). But I'm really curious about Alaska sightings or Texas sightings, as thats where I reside now.

Thanks,
Faeryland

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I would imagine that Aliens would visit the most remote places so they can do whatever kind of experiments they want.

I wouldn't call that experience significant, could of simply been something on fire in the road, that would create and orange light and the smell.

It's hard to believe experiences kids have later on because you forget lots of details and your accuracy of those memories are not as good as you think.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think children have very good memories of what happens to them....however he wasn't a child when this happened....he was 17 yrs old at the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
keep in mind UFOs are sighted virtually everywhere

in every nation on earth for thousands of years even, there has been reports of these incidents

now that you live in texas; i will tell you a HOT spot here

Odessa Texas, i personally have seen 20 to 30 separate sightings of UFOs that cannot be explained as any man-made device *Unless it was ultra top secret black project*

I doubt the military would fly its highest lvl craft over a city of 100,000 so i doubt its military *plus ive seen Jets *probably f16s* chase these little ufos down and they Never catch them the UFOs are wayyy to fast
*and the UFOs would typically go straight up when they left airspace, meaning they probably come from outerspace*

anyways if u got a extra week to blow off; check out Odessa Texas its really close to Roswell too *check out Roswell if u get a chance*

im in lubbock right now but if you need someone to show you around the area i might be able to make time for that

but remember these things are seen virtually Everywhere...so anywhere u can see the sky; you should be able to spot UFOs

i personally think you could see 20 of them anywhere if u give it enough time sky gazing
its fun anyways even if u dont see a UFO
sky gazing rocks
cowabunga

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks Muzzleflash for your information.

I live in the country, where you can see the stars very well (though not sure how long that will last, as many are moving here), anyway, I frequently watch the sky on a clear night (NW Houston area), and only see what appears to be satelites, or airplanes.

Are you in the military? or are you just a sky watcher?

The best place I have been to see the night sky without city-light interference was when I went to Lake Amistad, TX.....very near the border of Mexico. (I love geology...and theres lots of meteors in that area....lol)
I want to visit there again and look for fossils along with the great sky gazing....the sky is so clear there, and I would suspect would be a good area to see UFO's.

Thanks,
Faeryland

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Any replies? Please do tell........I've heard that Texas is another "hot spot" for encounters....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
Any replies? Please do tell........I've heard that Texas is another "hot spot" for encounters....

Welcome to Texas!

Texas has a long history with UFO's.

I have seen one , a NL BOL , here in Rural North Texas.

Texas is said to have the highest concentration of Night Light reports in the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When I was talking about geology.....I mean't there were alot of METEORITES in the area (not meteors)....although I would suppose there would be both.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Come on,

I want to hear your stories....where ever it took place.

A question....any other reports of "bad smells" associatied with ufo's? Just curious.....

I would suppose that I haven't seen any of these due to "cloaking devices".....any thoughts on this?

Faeryland

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Come on,

I want to hear your stories....where ever it took place.

Faeryland, this is My UFO report.

Cute avatar by the way

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So, one morning, after getting on the bus, he said everyone saw a UFO for a minute or so, then it was gone in an instant. Then ahead of the bus, a strange orange (glowing) light floating in the road and the driver just drove through it, and as they passed through it, there was a nasty smell of rotten eggs. (this is the first time i've heard of strange smells associated with ufos).

After they passed through it, the smell was gone, and they proceeded to school.

Thanks,
Faeryland

That smell my friend is the smell of sulfer! demons tend to leave that smell behind them!

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Graystar]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
JAL Airlines had a couple of inflight scares. Ret Col, Wendel Stevens had a lot of gun camera footage WWII, one or more a month for the year he was there. All footage sent to Washington by personal courier.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have heard of the 'smell of rotten eggs' in conjuction with people who were INSIDE a craft.........

Maybe the whole bus was 'examined'.

new topics

top topics

join