It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent void in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
When I was 11 to 13, I lived in Ramstein, Germany. My step-father was stationed there as a computer analyst doing data recovery and destruction for the Air-Force. One night while walking back home from my friends house, I felt a chill run through my body. It was during May 1993, so it was warm outside. I heard no crickets, felt no breeze, and heard absolutely no ambient noise. I looked up to see a solid black rectangular void in the night sky. No clouds, no stars, nothing. Just an empty rectangular shape in the sky that made no noise as it passed above. It was large, but I have no idea exactly how large, as I began running to our house. Anyone ever hear of this type of UFO before?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
triagle is common, and probably the most logical shape for one to be (atleast the mother ships
)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have heard of the triangles before, but aren't they usually described as having lights at the three points? The triangles seemed to have been reported numerous times throughout Germany and Holland in the last ten or so years.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sounds very interesting, like some kind of advanced stealth. How high up so you think it was?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In Australia, there is a magazine called the Australian Ufologist.

In one of the earlier issues, there was a picture of a cathedral in Bendigo (Australia), way up in the sky (clear day) near one of the building's spires, there was a rectangular craft.

In the magazines most recent issue, a report from somewhere in America, I think it was Texas, a UFO was spotted with exactly the same description as the one in Australia.

Maybe a tourist visiting the Continents?

-QM.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
One of the only UFO sightings ive ever had was of a rectangle shape craft. And as you said, it flew silently, no noise or disturbance or anything. Sure weirded me out for the day!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As for height, I would say less than 1000 feet. about twice as wide as a bus.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hello! I just posted last week regarding my sighting of a rectangle ufo in broad daylight in Charlotte, NC.

And I thought my post would be read...

Why do I bother?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Perhap's you can say more about your post, this one refers to night time sighting a while back and indicates all 'ambient noise' was gone during the sighting- Interesting.

But you briefly claimed the same type of sighting only during daylight..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
sorry, didn't see your thread. care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My first thread was titled "Rectangle UFO Witnesses".

I saw this rectangle ufo last September 15, 2004, in Charlotte, NC in 5pm rush hour traffic. It was as long as a football field and was a perfect rectangle shape with hard edges. I saw no depth as it was in front of me and I only saw it for about 15 seconds. It was dark greenish gray colored. It had slightly reflective panels that were encased like panels in a modern day skyscraper. There were at least 2 rows of panels.

When I first saw it, I thought it must be a banner being towed by an airplane and in fact, my eyes searched for the plane. I quickly realized there was no plane pulling anything. This giant was simply floating above the tree line about 1/4 mile away. I watched it for about 15 seconds as traffic slowly creeped along. I had the time and the presense of mind to remove my sunglasses and could see the detail of the casing holding these panels. I didn't hear noise from the ufo but I'm sure I had the car radio on. The road dipped down and I lost sight of it as it floated eastward.

I reported it immediately to NUFORC. Nobody else reported seeing this object. I'm sure others had to see it. I had hoped so much that someone else would report seeing it as well, but to date, no such luck.

One thing that stands out with other witness accounts of similar rectangle sightings is that the witnesses often say they first assume these rectangles are banners being towed by an airplane and they immediately look to find the airplane only to discover there is no airplane. In my amateur attempt to investigate this ufo, that little characteristic is quite interesting as it was my first reaction. It also reveals my reluctance to believe the unbelievable.

I still hope that someone else will come forward that saw what I saw and maybe we can discuss.

And another thing, rectangles seem to be the least likely aerodynamic shape imaginable but yet I saw one and many others have reported the same!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting, I have also seen another odd sighting at night. I saw what appeared to be a bright orange doorway (?) very high in the sky. There was another passenger in the car who saw this too. We were shocked by this, but she refused to speak of something that she had seen that couldn't be explained. This was in Montgomery, Alabama on a very busy highway on a Friday night around 9:00pm. I remember this like it was yesterday. It seemed like a doorway opened in the sky, orange light shown through, and it closed. Maybe something was taking a leak out the door, who knows. Maybe spiritual, maybe extraterrestrial. I have never done any halucenogenic drugs, and have absolutely no reason to lie about this. Whatever it was, it frightened her badly enough to not want to speak about it even after admitting that she saw it too. On a busy night like this, there had to have been plenty of other witnesses.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Very interesting. It brings to mind a statement that John Lennon made regarding the ufo that he witnessed in New York City. He said something to the effect of "Was the ufo a hallucination? No way, in all the times I've done '___', I know what a hallucination is, and I never hallucinated anything like that - even on acid."

Of the 4 ufo's that I have witnessed, I'd have to say I was utterly shocked to see them. If I was going to conjour something up in my imagination, I would have conjoured up a beautiful horse or something like that to look at.

Equally bizarre is the orange doorway ufo. My question to you and the Universe is: Why would both of you seemingly normal people riding down the road both conjour up such a sight in the sky? If you are like me, it's very nagging to have seen something like that and not have any answers about what it is. I realize at many levels that I have seen something that defies logic.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sounds like nothing more then a stealth bomber. Unless there are actuall "aliens" coming out of it, there is not way to say for sure, you know?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Me too i seen the triangular craft. Whats going on with all ATS people experiencing the Triangular craft maybe we are all chosen people and have more in common than visiting this site

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Guys, again, the stealth bomber (and probabaly other air craft we have) is black. In the night sky the bottom of the stealth bomber appears as a black triangle. In a very dark sky , you can not even see it unless it's lights are on and then you actually only see the lights which appear to be 3 UFO'S flying in a triangular pattern. This was actually shown on an X Files episode where it appeared there were 3 UFO's flying in a triangular pattern in the dark night sky until the stealth came more into the light and you could see it was a stealth.
It would also be foolish to believe that we do not have spy aircraft that goes by the same or a simular design as the steath. Again, unless actual aliens are coming out of it, there is no way to say if it is a UFO or a stealth aircraft used by a gov't.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have been away for a while, but I 'm back to this thread now. True, the triangle could be a stealth bomber. But, what I saw was rectangular in shape and made no noise. As for the doorway in the sky, it was truly the strangest thing I have ever seen. It was the for 15-30 seconds, and bright. Very bright. When I saw it, I pointed it out to my friend. She was silent. After it disappeared, I asked if she had seen it and she said "yes, but I don't want to talk about it." It scared the hell out of her, as did many things she couldn't explain. (After seeing a documentary on Nostradamus, she had trouble sleeping for about a month, because she thought the world was coming to an end!)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Black rectangles are more common than you'd think... I'd suggest looking into the UFO history of that particular military base....

While a minority, in the sightings category, they're probably still a close 4th as far as type seen. And they fit your description, no lights, no sound, etc. (and very large)....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
These are some UFOs seen in Germany, and there are some rectangles between them.
Maybe u recognise any?

Heres another sighting i read awhile ago:

(i made this drawing myself so its not actual witness drawing- plop)

Description (In Witness's Own Words): I was watching a baseball game on network television sometime during the autumn of either 1976 or 1977. Suddenly the camera switched from the game to something suspended in the sky. The "something" looked like a three story building hanging at an angle of about 30%. One of the commentators said "what is that?" The other commentator said "I have no idea." The camera panned back to the game. A few minutes later the camera again turned to the object. One commentator said "What IS that." The other again disclaimed any knowledge about it. Again a few minutes later the camera turned to the object, this time switching to a telephoto lens. One commentator said "I want to know what THAT is." The other indicated that he would like to know as well. I waited expectantly for the evening news, but there was no mention of the incident either on the local or the national news. Eventually I almost forgot about this strange "sighting." I am (almost) sure I was watching a baseball game between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. The game was in Cincinnati. The home team should still have a tape recording of the game, which might prove very interesting.

www.ufosnw.com...

Ive also read sightings where people see these kind of things with beings in them looking down, like it is some window that opens from another dimension.

[edit on 27-8-2005 by plop]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have seen other paranormal, physics defying things, all my life. UFOs are not one of them, but since I have seen things that defy scientific explaining, I am much more open to trusting that other things exist, no matter how unbelievable they are. UFOs are in the bible, and all through history, and since people who report them are often treated very poorly, called nuts, liars, attention seekers, etc., it is very probable that many sightings go unreported. That would make the percentage of the population that has actually seen one very likely over 50%.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join