It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China debuts AEGIS destroyers with 052C

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Phased array radars are similar to the SPY radars used on the Ticoderoga and Burke class ships. However, Aegis is more than a ship with a huge radar. Its primary mission during the cold war was to defend carrier battle groups from saturation attacks involving Soviet SSGN's an Backfire bombers. Aegis is better thought as total battle management system that fuses data from multiple sensors and ships.

While the PLAN now clearly has a phased array radar ship it is not clear if it had an Aegis like capacity .

yeah the aegis is the total package. thanks to the excellent C41. a helicopter monitoring 200km away can relay what it saw back to the destroyer

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Aegis is a system where all the sensors, weapons and controls are unified into the command of one powerful central computer, main sensors include SPY-1 radars, sonars, fire control radars and things like that.

PLAN's new ships are said to have a powerful onboard computer integrating all the ships sensors and weapons. Type 052C will then be a member of the Aegis class of ships. The PAR's origin is yet unknown, some say its from Ukraine with the help of Chinese scientists, somesay its from a institute within China, some say China stole it during the Clinton years alongside the nuke blueprints............It just goes on.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Its 100-millimeter gun is a copy of the fully automatic French Creusot-Loire gun.

China reportedly has purchased two advanced Russian phased array radars

Reports indicate this radar system may be a co-development program with the Kvant-Radiolokatsiya company of the Ukraine.

Western vendors have provided Chinese aircraft with the MIL-STD 1553B data bus, which now has been installed on new 052 DDGs.

China has used a Type-W datalink provided by France to non-NATO export customers.

The antisubmarine warfare suite would be Italian triple antisubmarine warfare torpedo tubes and 12-barrel Type-75 mortars.

Almost certainly a French DUBV-23 bow-mounted sonar dome is under the raked bow

A pair of new 30-millimeter seven-barrel close-in weapons systems looks like Dutch Goalkeeper mounts, but the Netherlands claims it did not export the Goalkeeper to China. It appears that China has heavily modified the I-band Goalkeeper antenna, which also appeared on prior Project 052B DDGs. The Chinese designation for this close-in weapons system is Type-730.

A Soviet 1950-vintage A-band Knife Rest early warning yagi radar antenna is aft. This antenna was not on 052B or the Luhu, but it was on the Luhai and 1990-vintage Luda upgrades and Jiangwei frigates. This seems to hint a weakness in the Aegis, which normally should perform such detection.

China is negotiating with Russia to equip future Su-30 MK2 aircraft to include the next-generation TSIMSS-1 digital datalink.

For command and control the ZJK-4 is a Chinese copy of the French Thomson-CSF TAVITAC. British-made SNTI-240 satellite communications (SATCOM) is also used.

China’s choice of a LAN could be a Russian GOST standard or a Digibus LAN used on French TAVITAC CDS aboard recent PLAN ships. Ethernet or MIL-STD 1553 already are used in avionic and army systems and easily adapt to naval equipment, which supports interoperability of forces. Display console software operating systems likely would be commercial standard versions such as Windows or VX Works that are in production in China.

ANTI-SUBMARINE SYSTEMS

The Yu-7 torpedo is a Chinese copy of the Mk-46 Mod 1

Two Type 75 (Chinese copy of the Russian RBU-1200)

The propulsion system :

>two Ukraine-made DA80/DN80 gas turbines rated at 72,600hp (55 MW) and

>two indigenous diesels (Chinese copy of the MTU 20V956TB92) rated at 8,840 hp (6.5 MW).

www.afcea.org...
www.sinodefence.com...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Weapons:

The Type 052C is equipped with two four-cell anti-ship missile (YJ-85 or YJ-12) launchers installed between rear mast and the helicopter hanger. The tube-ship launcher indicates that the missile is a new design different from the previous YJ-8 (C-801) series anti-ship missile. Detailed information on the missile’s performance is not available.

There is also one compact single 100mm gun installed on the front deck of the ship.

The Type 052C features a range of newly developed systems not previously seen onboard other Chinese warships. The most notables include the HQ-9/S-300F air defence missiles launched from the vertical launching system (VLS), the four-array multifunction phased array radar (PAR) similar to the U.S. AN/SPY-1 Aegis, and the YJ-85 (C-805) anti-ship missile. Technological advances in the Type 052C has brought the Chinese navy the true fleet air defence capability for the first time in its history.

The 052C is equipped with the HQ-9 for air defense, not sure how well it does against sea-skimming missles though. It also uses the YJ-85 supersonic sea skimming AShM. The PAR and sensor systems give the 052C a Aegis capability although possibly inferior to American Aegises.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
here we go again. but this time im going to use a simple answer.

the words in the article are could be, looks like, has used, maybe, and almost.

give it up. with this combination of the technology has know got a 2 AEGIS class destroyers and technology to build future ones. the ONLY other country in the region that can produce them is japan. no other country in the region especially india which is still trying to figure out how to incorpatrate imported russian weapons and radar

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well I am not surprised China has it's own Aegis system, It did just purchase the PC division of IBM. China is getting it's hands on all of the West's high-tech computer chips.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How is China managing to manufacture such advanced weapon systems.

Well the systems that they are developing or trying to develop have already been out for years I’ll be more impressed if they can make something new on their own.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Some Pictures

external image
external image
external image
external image
external image

[edit on 10-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
the new tube missile launchers are C-805 changed from the square ones

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I can't find much info on the C-805... Can anyone give me anything on it? I wonder if it can penetrate the Aegis air defense system on the American destroyers.... sounds similar to the Sunburn (supersonic,sea skimming), which was designed to penetrate the Aegis air defense system. Sinodefence and all other sites yielded nothing, can anyone find a website on the C-805?

Btw heres on the Sunburn:

The 3M-80 Moskit anti-ship cruise missile (ASCM), code named SS-N-22 Sunburn by NATO, is considered by many observers to be the most threatening ship-launched ASCM in service today. The missile's designers have stated openly that the missile was developed to defeat the U.S. Navy’s Aegis air-defense system. The 3M-80/SS-N-22 missile entered service in 1984 –- a year after the U.S. Navy’s first Aegis-equipped ship, Ticonderoga (CG-47), entered service.

China obtained the 3M-80E missile together with a deal of purchasing two Russian-built Sovremenny class missile destroyers in 2000 and 2001. The PLA Navy have reportedly received over 100 3M-80E Moskit missiles from Russia, and have already test fired the missile in 2001.

Since it is meant to defeat the Aegis air defense system, I wonder if the Sunburn actually can defeat the Aegis air defense system on a 1v1 basis. China and Russia are the only 2 countries currently who have built supersonic missles on their own, so the C-805 should at least be on par with the Sunburn.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
heres something about the YJ-12

web.archive.org...

and YJ-85 or C-805 i dont really know. or maybe its a YJ-12.

but it should have longer range thana C-803 which is 250km

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Any dates on this YJ-12 supersonic missile??

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Any dates on this YJ-12 supersonic missile??

im not to sure. but i know the US said that the latest chinese anti-chiense missile has a range of 155miles or something like 250km

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What are those two large squares in the front supposed to be?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
What are those two large squares in the front supposed to be?

SY-2 radar. i think

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
ISince it is meant to defeat the Aegis air defense system, I wonder if the Sunburn actually can defeat the Aegis air defense system on a 1v1 basis.

Yes I think it can. The bigger concern with the sunburn ASM was the effectiveness of the Phalanx system not the SPY's ability to detect it or the SM-2MR's ability to hit it. The Rolling airframe missile system was developed with the sunburn in mind. It hits it far enough out so tha tthe ship is not fragged,

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We're starting to see CIWS going away and being replaced by Sea Sparrows in box launchers now. The CVNs are replacing them as they go in for refit. That will let them hit at much longer ranges than CIWS did, and have a little more flexibility.

The hexagonal panels on these, and on the US ships are the radar antennas for the phased array radar system. Supposedly the Ticonderogas in the USN have the ability to fry electronics, and even eventually kill people with the amount of power they can put out. I've been told that like the E-3 they can steer the radar energy down a small "line" to detect smaller/stealthy targets. That's something on the order of 3 million watts of radar energy into a small area of space.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Actually its the Evolved Sea Sparrow on the ship snot and I have seen literature that the SPY's can pump out close to 6 million watts down one degree or bearing
. That should cook the popcorn quite well.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
arent the sunburns fired in salvos. with all of the missiles aiming at the same place with the first one leading if that gets hit then another takes its place and it keeps on going until the target is hit?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that it's that high with all the power you can generate with a gas turbine. Evolved Sea Sparrow, Sea Sparrow, they're both missiles in a box launcher that shoot at things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join