It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ntv. Ams. didn't cross the land bridge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I saw several weeks ago on one of the Discovery / Science type channels about iceburgs and glaciers. Come to find out with the computer models going back several 10's of thousands of years, the northwestern corridor was either non-exhistant, or not large enough for anyone to get through.

So where did the indians come from and how did they get here??

Is it possible that they came up through South America?? This would explain why the great indian nations only happened in the South Americas.

Any thoughts???

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I dont buy the Land bridge scenario. I have read many acccounts of humanoid bones being found that dated long before the Land bridge supposedly formed. Some of these bones are of a giant stature. Some with 2 rows of teeth, some with 6 fingers on each hand. Some really strange things.

Whats really intresting is why is there a cover up concerning ancient North American history? The powers that be would have us believe we had no Ancient history, but I disagree. The appalacian mountains on the east coast is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and The New River is also one of the oldest rivers in the world, not to mention only it and the Nile flow backwards.......

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It was announced a few days ago that there were people in South America 10000 years earlier than the usual theories dictate.

Scientists are now looking at the idea that the first settlers arrived by boat.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedomrik
...Some of these bones are of a giant stature. Some with 2 rows of teeth, some with 6 fingers on each hand. Some really strange things.

Whats really intresting is why is there a cover up concerning ancient North American history?

I don't think anybody is covering up anything. We simply had it wrong and now facts are coming out that prove that.

Concerning the bones with 2 rows of teeth and 6 fingers...do you have any source links on this? I would like to read up.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhelt100

...Some of these bones are of a giant stature. Some with 2 rows of teeth, some with 6 fingers on each hand. Some really strange things.

Whats really intresting is why is there a cover up concerning ancient North American history?

I don't think anybody is covering up anything. We simply had it wrong and now facts are coming out that prove that.

Concerning the bones with 2 rows of teeth and 6 fingers...do you have any source links on this? I would like to read up.

And me, I've never seen such things before.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A google search turned up these

www.viewzone.com...

www.book-of-thoth.com...

www.bibleprobe.com...

As you can see, these are just 3 of many thoughts on the matter....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The appalacian mountains on the east coast is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and The New River is also one of the oldest rivers in the world, not to mention only it and the Nile flow backwards.......

Don't forget the French Broad River...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just like my Grandaddy. And his Grandaddy. And so on, and so on.

Native Americans have always had ocean-capable sailing and paddling craft. My guess is we came from everywhere- and/or went everywhere- a canoe can go.

Or a moccasin can walk.

You see, we had freedom then (remember that?)...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think that there are some clues that the North American Indians are not the first humans in that part of the World, and one of the clues is that the Indians did not use stone points in the arrows, they used bone points, but there are thousands of arrow points made of stone in all the North America.

Freedomrik
What do you mean by a river that "flows backwards"?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing preventing migration from the East as well...in times of low sea levels as have occured in the past. Looking at a map of ocean depths around the UK prompts me to suspect that Ireland may well have been a 'jumping off point' for sea faring ancients going to the Americas. The Algonkians have birchbark migration scrolls which say they moved from East to West.

My evidence for this is in a book called 'The Sacred Scrolls of the Southern Ojibway' by Selwyn Dewdney (R.I.P), a respected researcher much involved in NA history and legend. Darned if I can find a good web link for this assertation though.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by menjo
I saw several weeks ago on one of the Discovery / Science type channels about iceburgs and glaciers. Come to find out with the computer models going back several 10's of thousands of years, the northwestern corridor was either non-exhistant, or not large enough for anyone to get through.

Don't know where they got this information from. Did you perhaps misunderstand, I wonder -- the northwestern corridor is not the same as the land bridge that Native Americans were supposed to have crossed. Northwest Corridor is the fabled water passagewa from the Great Lakes to the West coast.

The Alaskan land corridor has always been referred to as the Alaskan Corridor or the Berringer Corridor, etc.

So where did the indians come from and how did they get here??

From Asia. It's been proved conclusively (genetics.)

Is it possible that they came up through South America?? This would explain why the great indian nations only happened in the South Americas.

No... and no.

As my brother, Chakotay, says, the Native Americans have ALWAYS known how to make wooden boats as well as skin/hide/bark boats. The Chumash of the California area actually sewed wooden boats together and they had a reputation as a folk who regularly traveled up and down the coast and off to the Channel Islands.

The populations of the South Americas are basically genetically similar to North Americans. It's far more likely that they traveled here some 40-50,000 years ago.

And, by the way, you can actually see (no telescope needed... however, your eyes HAVE to be better than mine!) the Alaska coastline from the Russian coastline. It's really not that far to cross.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
it might not be that far to cross but the straight has some of the worst weather / seas in the world so i dont see natives crossing in canoes of other type ships. I find it more feasable for natives to have crossed along the same route that Bering took. BeringBering

map of bering straight: www.geoatlas.com...

I think its a lot like the people of Easter Island and how they jumped from island to island accross the pacific and where there werent island they used their outriggers and sailed the distance [although they were more modern and had better boats and navigation.] It wouldnt be hard for people in northern China, Japan, or Russia to go out sailing, spot an island out on the horizon, go back and tell their friends and relatives and other people they know that they spotted land, and go explore. They see how the fishing is there or whatnot and then keep going along the chain of islands [Aluteans [sp?]] until they reach the mainland of Alaska. Then they go south and stuff [you get the picture.]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The appalacian mountains on the east coast is one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and The New River is also one of the oldest rivers in the world, not to mention only it and the Nile flow backwards.......

If by flowing backwards, you mean flowing from south to north, the St. Johns River in Florida flows in this direction. North flowing rivers are not that uncommon.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alawler
it might not be that far to cross but the straight has some of the worst weather / seas in the world so i dont see natives crossing in canoes of other type ships.

I should point out that the Eskimos (from earliest records) have been doing this for thousands of years. There's written records of them doing it, as well as lots of stories and identifications of hunting grounds on the other coast.

And it's not always awful weather, y'know. Been there.

It wouldnt be hard for people in northern China, Japan, or Russia to go out sailing, spot an island out on the horizon, go back and tell their friends and relatives and other people they know that they spotted land, and go explore. They see how the fishing is there or whatnot and then keep going along the chain of islands [Aluteans [sp?]] until they reach the mainland of Alaska. Then they go south and stuff [you get the picture.]

That's a map of the sea floor that you've shown. Yes, the Aleutian ridge does go out that far. But the distance between the "nose" of Alaska and the "nose" of Russia is about 24 miles. The distance between any coast of Russia and the nearest Aleutian island is a lot more than that. You can see it better here:
www.cr.nps.gov...

There's also an island in the middle of it:
www.nationmaster.com...

The Aleutian islands are also volcanic and very active. Not many folks like to land on small islands with actively erupting volcanos (no, they don't erupt continuously but they do so quite frequently.)

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Which "new river" are talking about ???

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

If by flowing backwards, you mean flowing from south to north, the St. Johns River in Florida flows in this direction. North flowing rivers are not that uncommon.

www.geocities.com...

Yeah... there are only 7 rivers in the world that flow south to north. I live in Rochester NY (home to Kodak and Xerox) and the Genesee River is one of those rivers. Ha, i can walk to it in about 30 seconds... ooooooohh, I'm so special

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by alawler
it might not be that far to cross but the straight has some of the worst weather / seas in the world so i dont see natives crossing in canoes of other type ships.

I should point out that the Eskimos (from earliest records) have been doing this for thousands of years. There's written records of them doing it, as well as lots of stories and identifications of hunting grounds on the other coast.

And it's not always awful weather, y'know. Been there.

It wouldnt be hard for people in northern China, Japan, or Russia to go out sailing, spot an island out on the horizon, go back and tell their friends and relatives and other people they know that they spotted land, and go explore. They see how the fishing is there or whatnot and then keep going along the chain of islands [Aluteans [sp?]] until they reach the mainland of Alaska. Then they go south and stuff [you get the picture.]

That's a map of the sea floor that you've shown. Yes, the Aleutian ridge does go out that far. But the distance between the "nose" of Alaska and the "nose" of Russia is about 24 miles. The distance between any coast of Russia and the nearest Aleutian island is a lot more than that. You can see it better here:
www.cr.nps.gov...

There's also an island in the middle of it:
www.nationmaster.com...

The Aleutian islands are also volcanic and very active. Not many folks like to land on small islands with actively erupting volcanos (no, they don't erupt continuously but they do so quite frequently.)

im with you on this one byrd
youve made your point perfectly

if they didnt walk across on a sheet of ice; they took a little boat over
and with that little island , it makes the trip really easy

btw to those who asked about a river flowing backwards

they dont mean north or south ; direction dont matter

they mean the river flowed FROM the ocean; into the continent

most all rivers flow from Inland ; towards the ocean or a lake
there are a few exceptions tho as others have pointed out

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The question I have is once they crossed into north america why would they leave to push themselves through that horrible chihuahua desert to get to lower mexico and south america? And does anyone know if the polynesians have any genetic tie ins with the native americans in any way?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
``

i sorta think the 'land bridge' is used as a catch-all phrase

because ther is, in science community,
3distinct, divisions of migrations or waves of humans to W. continent

source: sharpgary.org...

actually paraphrase;

*46,000 BP.....1st waves of humans, new world previous ice age
*36,000 BP.....1st migration, NA during last ice age recessions
*25,000 BP.....2nd wave, humans, new world
.......................list continues

I can't think our ancestors were looking for new lands,
as much as following the game & food sources...
one foodsource is fish and sealife, therefore the early
americans were nourishing the belly
and fish as a resource
led them on a continual trek and further reaching
hunting expeditions ...... for the 'big one'

PS: edit the address on your browser to check out the
Doctor Gary D Sharp, homepage;
Its All About Time And Place
"A Chronology of Events, Places, Ecological and Societal Impacts'

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I found this post on another thread here.....

Originally posted by Ghaele
America setteled 30 000 years earlier than belived until now. Follow this link for more info (BBC);

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join