It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deterred by The Bombings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
On TV here they're worried about the impact on tourism

Will it put you guys off coming to the UK? Know anyone cancelling trips because of this?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have a British passport and was planning on travelling Europe after I finish my masters (unless I get offered a better job first). It doesn't deter me.

Im Australian btw.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have a friend who is traveling to England as a missionary in a couple of weeks. So, no, the bombings haven't scared her from traveling.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
im a brit living in europe now and plan on visiting london at the end of this month. had i still been living in london, i would have been on the tubes & buses the very next day. we dont cower indoors afraid to go out and live our lives - we just get on with them.

we have a saying in england - "well you might get hit by a bus tommorow" which means to not worry about something which may never happen (& also to ensure you have clean underwear on hehe)

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They stopped me...oh wait, that was lack of money that's keeping me from going there. heh. Bombings and hijackings will never stop me from travelling somewhere I want to visit. I refuse to let them win by being paranoid about travelling somewhere. I may try to be more observant, and keep a close eye out for suspicious things, but they certainly won't stop me from going.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The only thing keeping me from travelling to London is the continued ass-kicking that the Dollar is taking from the Euro! I'm an American, obviously, and the only countries that I ever plan on visiting in Europe are England and Italy. A terror attack will never keep me from visiting such a strong ally nation! God Bless Britain!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Im American, I have family in London. Should be visiting them soon, the attacks don't change my plans a bit. No matter how bad things there were I always felt safe, I think it's the attitude of the people. They're not easily cowed.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I dont think anyone would be deterred to visit the mother country just because of a terrorist attack. London has seen worse than this!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Cheers guys good to hear - we'll make sure the kettle's on for you!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
thanks to you all
these are the type of posts I want the scum who did that to my GREAT CITY to read (if you can read).
YOU WILL NOT WIN ....ASK THE I.R.A.
learn from their mistakes:
and as CTID56092 said ''the kettle is on lads''

top topics

join