It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up and smell the Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
After just over a year of being a member here at ATS I'd like to take some space to tell you a story about the journey that brought me here and kept me.

Fiction?

You decide!

The mind is a wicked thing, it can take us places we'd rather not go, force us to see things in a way we'd rather not, feel emotions we'd like to delete. However there is another side... The one that desires truth. Answers to the unknown, the ever searching wander for facts, evidence and meaning for our own insignificant existence.

One of the tools some of us have discovered in this quest to know more is the computer. The internet and the power of a search engine. Amazing what you can find at the click of a mouse. What can be even more amazing, is how many you can find who share your own quest. It seems many are searching for the same things.

Something as simple as a key word typed in a search engine can bring you, me and anyone on this quest to a place such as this. That is exactly what happened to me.

AboveTopSecret.com, what is this?

Once your start reading you can't stop. I know I could not. From reading the first post that night, through the early hours of the next day I found myself held captive. With every new discussion came many replies which brought even more questions. Almost every topic of interest was there. How could this be?

The coffee was brewing the next morning after that first discovery of this place we all are now apart of, I couldn't stop clicking. Why?

Am I addicted? Or have I found a place where I am able to now see others who in some ways think exactly like me? Just one more click and maybe I'll find the answer.

The world seems like a darker more evil place now. Terrorist attacks on 9/11 have caused more conspiracy theories, again with seemingly endless replies and even more questions. Politics have held some captive. The ever illusive aliens and UFO’s are always a great topic. Mysteries that no one can seem to answer with real facts, but there is just enough to keep one looking for more.

Deny Ignorance?

Is that even possible?

Among the more serious topics I was able to find some humor. Something I believe we all could use more of. Is everything and anything a potential conspiracy?

I've discovered the human mind here, opened windows into what we are and how fragile and really alone we feel. Perhaps that is it. Are we alone in this massive universe?

News?

Who and what are we to believe?

Almost everything and anything can be found here at AboveTopSecret.com, That in itself is almost frightening.

Click, Click, Click... someone stop me please!

They say tomorrow is another day, so with each day that comes I wake up to see my world, your world and everyone's world in a strange new way now. I can hear the sounds, feel the emotions.. And yes I can even smell the conspiracy!

ATS, more than an addiction, it is your connection to the human mind!

Your own private window into others.

Seek and ye shall find..

Gazz

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
And the more you read the sooner you become aware of how mindless you become.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
interesting perspective Gazz, I'm sure quite a few members can relate.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm relating to this...it was love at first click. My keys became sticky with vegemite smears and crumbs of conspiracies.

Nicely told, Um Gazz

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Truth!

The story is not true, not exactly. It was based on the thoughts, ramblings and writings of the members of this site.

This was only a test, a test of the ATS fiction (short stories) forum.

You may expect more tests in the future.

Gazz

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wonderful post! What a great community this is. do you know that there isnt a soul i know who would be interested in speaking about 9/11, ufo's or terrorism? The mere mention of my suspicions makes my friends and family roll their eyes and say: "Thats ok, we still love you" Makes me want to scream.

I feel sorry for those who embrace ignorance to the fullest. What losers!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So, how do things smell around here today for you?

*gives self a one line warn*

The conspiracys await you, and the rest of us who will not admit they are into it.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just wow I couldn't have said anytihng better.ITS more than an addiction alright, its our eye,ears.I also now have guilt feeling and second thought that O why O why did i became a member and knew the truth, the reality.It would have been better to live in a world of lie,illusion.Can we handle the truth:i guess not
. and even if we had could we change it?

[edit on 9-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK. I wouldnt go to the town square and speak out against many things, so thats out of the question. But for heavens sakes, my own family wont speak out against anything that leaves a funny taste in their mouths.

Whats up with that? Are they total morons? Are they stupid? No one has any idea just HOW MUCH THIS IRRITATES ME. I may be repeating myself but i get this huge urge to shake my entire circle of family and friends, bang their heads together or just leave them all behind to bask in their total oblivious happiness until i can come back and say: Aha! I told you so.

What irks me is that they have NO opinion on governm,ent or the daily goings on in this world. All that matters is "whats for supper" or "Should i get my hair highlighted" or how are the fish running this week

They all say they are not into politics. Ha!Pardon me if i'm over reacting but, heck, i most definately care if an Asteroid is approaching, or if the Gov did something to peeve someone else and they are threatening us with a nuke...call me strange, but i do like to know whats going on.

Anyhoo, i just felt the need to vent once more. I will never speak of the news or the president the bombings, storms, asteroids and specially UFO's
to my family as long as i live. There.

* I must join their happy and content group* NOTHING IS WRONG.

top topics

join