It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Crazy Sprite Guy"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You bolded the word "proven", but I don't see how I can entirely disprove to you that it is a sticker, any more than you can prove that it is. There are things that both lend to this idea and also suggest otherwise. I can't prove/disprove the sticker theory, any more than the theory of it being a reflection, spiritual entity, etc. Unfortunately it is a matter of faith. I wish it wasn't, and that I could prove 100%, but you can't prove something 100% when you don't even know what it is for yourself. Like what would it have taken to PROVE to you that it wasn't a sticker, really? Would you have had to been there when I took the photo? I don't know if I could through photographs. Even if I could get another photo of the thing and it wasn't over any objects that a sticker could be applied to, anybody could say it was a fake that wanted to.

So I suppose it doesn't matter about the new pictures anyway then. I will put them up if someone has a legitimate reason and is able to investigate them, but I have a feeling everyone will just say "Oh, it has been a year now. You could have easily scraped that sticker off" anyway.

So until you can give me a definition of proven, and a plausible way of proving it to you beyond a doubt, I don't know what else much to say for this topic. I have given out all the necessary info for a person to make their own judgements. I have co-operated with all of everyone's requests, in an attempt to show that I am not trying to pull any sort of trickery, etc. And I will continue to. But if you want me proven right or wrong, you will have to tell me how it can be done and I will go about doing it, because I think it is now impossible to be proven either way, at this point. I would love to prove or disprove it, but I don't have the knowledge.

My stance is still that it could possibly be something paranormal, but that reflection of various kinds is equally as likely (or more likely). I don't accept the sticker theory because I know for a fact that a sticker was not there. At the same time, I accept that other people think that it was a sticker, just as some people in earlier posts thought that my BBQ was not on my deck, but in my neighbours yard for some reason :\.

Thank you to everyone on their contributions, although this will probably never be concluded.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Man you really gotta chill out! I was giving my OPINION! It has nothing to do with you or your credibility. I have a right to express my thoughts just as you do. You really need to relax and stop flying off the wall everytime someone mentions the word "sticker." I mean, you really didn't expect this little mystery to be solved here on ATS, did you? No one is going to be able to. It was either a freak occurance of a hoax. But if someone wants to think it's a hoax then that's their choice. You need to take it with a grain of salt and realize that it was the risk you took by posting that pic to begin with. You can't please everybody and you certainly can't convince everybody of anything.

You are no closer to solving this thing than you were when you first posted it. And if my hunch tells me anything you won't be any closer a year from now either. So until somebody comes up with an excellent theory as to what it is, or someone who has seen this little 2D man living on the side of their BBQ before too, then I'm going to continue to believe that it is a sticker. I'm not insulting your mother or anything. I'm just telling you what my opinion is. And I have never laid the burdon of proof about this whole "Crazy Sprite Guy" on your lap anyway. So don't take it so personally when I say that until somebody comes up with something better, I'm going to keep thinking that it was just a sticker.

Now count to 10 and go outside and play with your real life friends, like a normal child should! (I'm not being mean, I actually think you're a good kid.) But just take my advice anyway!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I realize that it was just your opinion, and I was just clarifying that. I don't think I need to chill out, because I'm not getting particularly angry/stressed over this anyway. lol. I didn't come here expecting to solve some mystery like the scooby doo gang or something. I already knew there was most likely insufficient information in the beginning, anyway.

Although I'd appreciate to not be called a child, because I'm pretty sure that I'm legally an adult, last time I checked.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
lol, cant believe u actualy think its a sprite

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A little update on the whole CSG picture. I don't know how I missed this before, but if you invert the picture it is even crazier. Has a sort of yellow moustache and little grin, and now the image sort of makes more sense since he actually has a body and stuff now and isn't just floating bits of light. So not only did I capture a weird thing on film, but it's universe also appears to be completely inverted in relation to our own :\. lol. Creepy dark, empty eyes. Very distinguishable viking helmet.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
God... just when I thought it was safe, and this thread was dead and buried... now its back!

Yarcofin, you're never going to figure out what that thing was. I still stand by my original theory that it was some sort of sticker/drawing that was placed there with or without your knowledge. I know that you find my theory very offensive and take it very personally, but it should be taken as neither. It's just this one man's humble opinion.

No matter how much you twist, turn, color, invert, etc. the picture no one on here is ever going to be able to difinitively tell you what it is- unless they recognize it as a character from some obscure Japanese cartoon. Then we'll all know that we, and possibly yourself, have fallen victim to a hoax.

Until such a day comes, or until this little grill monster from another dimension actually returns to show himself, then I'd just let it rest. This whole thing can do a lot of damage to your mental health- especially when you bring it up with non-ATS-type people. And whatever you do, don't ever tell any girl that you like about this... she'll think you're a Trekki or some kind of nerd.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow, I'll never get the 2 minutes I wasted reading this thread back....bummer...and the crazy sprite guy in my house keeps taking the last sprite....I hate him so much

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Lol sorry to bring it back up. I don't even really believe it is anything besides at most a reflection either. I just thought it was interesting that the inverted seems to be even more detailed than non-inverted.

This could probably be the least logical thing I have ever posted and yeah, the general consensus seems to be that it's crap, so I guess I'll just let this thread die now. Haha. Don't worry Rasp'. I won't bring it up on any dates

I'm not angered or offended by your opinion. It is just as logical as any other ones on this thread (except for mine? LOL), with the limited information given. I personally know there wasn't a sticker there but it's a good theory for people who werent.

Aaaanyways... I apologize for bringing this back to the top of the board, cuz I guess nobody cares, and if nobody else replies after this I promise to just let it die again once and for all.

Now we can just all go back to the much more logical Crypto posts... like nessie, chupicabras, dragons, and orbs. Ahem...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
since this is back up here, ill throw in my 2 cents. i agree with rasputin in the fact that it appears to be a sticker.

it looks like one of those warning stickers just burned and discolored.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Ok, while the dead is alive again, I'll take a stab at it as well...

Not that I really have any other point of view... I'll just add what I noticed. Yes, it looks like a cartoon character - a racoon? As clear as it was to everyone - it's 2D, no question. The fact that one "leg" is shorter than the other gives it a sort of 3rd dimension - which would support the "it's an animation/sticker/picture" theory (if that made sense to anyone?). There is reflection off the character, but it looks artificial (ie. drawn reflection and not actual reflection) as well as some reflection from the flash. I've looked at every angle (of all the pictures from your grill)... And it seems like we're missing a shadow that should be going over the Sprite guy?

Ok, that said, for quite a few reasons it would be next to impossible for anything to exist in only 2 dimensions - especially any living being.
It is a cool pic/find Yarcofin, but there is little to lead us to believe that it's a sprite or any being we know or don't know (now there's a statement to philosophise over!
) ... I don't know what it is - a one in a million trick of light(ning), maybe. Interesting to look at none the less.

What bothers me is that we're going on about the little sprite fellow, while I can spot 2 gargoyles and one fairy in plain view!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If I could just say one more time for the record that I am not a scammer or hoaxer. I would never try to 'pull one over' on the members of ATS. Everything I have presented in this post, to my knowledge, is accurate. While I cannot vouche for what exactly the image shown on this thread is, you can be certain that I have reported things as they happened and tried to be as accurate as possible.

I think the only way that we can begin to learn about the paranormal or cryptozoological is to scientifically record and break apart each event like this that occurs. It is great that so many people have contributed so many theories, although at this point we may never know what it is. I can personally say to you all that I do not believe the image is some sort of living creature, but just a reflection of some kind. I have seen a lot of posts about orbs and reflections here on ATS, and I believe that this is just a highly detailed, freak of nature orb. Let's face it... picture conditions were not ideal. It was raining heavily and I was using a flash. A lot of things could happen. I understand that the sticker theory holds precedence at this point even over the reflection theory. Although I can personally rule out that there was no sticker there, I understand that people replying cannot, so it is a totally valid hypothesis from your perspective.

I believe that I have presented this whole thing logically and truthfully, and I hope that this post does not make me less credible, just because some people think it is silly. I am not ashamed of posting this, and I strongly encourage all of my fellow members here to do the same thing. If you have some kind of evidence, come forward and post it. Some people may scoff, but let's get together and let the evidence speak for itself.

As a great man, Homer Simpson, once said:

"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or about to lie, or just finished lying, but NOT when I'm TELLING THE TRUTH!"

If everyone will accept that there is something on this thread, and it's kind of weird and unexplainable, then I am happy to let this thread die now. Thank you all for your time and effort. Whether skeptics or believers, we all have something to offer.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey, what ever it is or isn't ........if it keeps ole Rasp occupied and out of other trouble, maybe you should bump it back to the top ever so oft.......LOL!

(remain calm...just kidding, R)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have just read this whole thread but as the photo links are now out of date i have no idea what little crazy sprite guy looks like. Is there anyway you can put a fresh photo up thats if you see this post in such an old thread. Will i ever get to see him after so long, i hope so as the descriptions people have given are very intruging.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
After reading through this thread that was re-discovered so to speak from a 2005 post - it would be interesting to see the photos now with seven years of CG I improvements and maybe find something new and cool about it!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join