It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda Meteorology on 9.11.2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Has anyone ever given thought to the awesome meteorologic forcasting done by Al-Qaeda for the September 11, 2001 attacks?

Manually flying planes into the WTC towers required at least 'good' visibility. On any given day in September in New York City, there's an approximate 65% chance for sunshine. If there had been rain, or a low cloud ceiling, or fog, the weather would have been pretty much a mission stopper.

But the skies were crystal clear all along the northeast prior to and after that day.

So did Al-Qaeda watch the weather channel, or have some meteorologists, or was it just another example of the hijacker's totally awesome luck?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Instead of looking at the weather, look at the symbolism in numbers. Think. Who uses those numerology. It is so obvious.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They are in a virtual panic. Desperate people make stupid choices. They are out in the open.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
At the end of the day, no amount of power or wealth can protect them.

Exactly.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Has anyone ever given thought to the awesome meteorologic forcasting done by Al-Qaeda for the September 11, 2001 attacks?

Manually flying planes into the WTC towers required at least 'good' visibility. On any given day in September in New York City, there's an approximate 65% chance for sunshine. If there had been rain, or a low cloud ceiling, or fog, the weather would have been pretty much a mission stopper.

But the skies were crystal clear all along the northeast prior to and after that day.

So did Al-Qaeda watch the weather channel, or have some meteorologists, or was it just another example of the hijacker's totally awesome luck?

What do you think FM 34-81 and FM 31-3 are used for...?
And who uses them...?

Just a thought, mind you...

[edit on 8/7/05 by COMSEUR]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's not forget that they would have to rely on good weather for not only NYC, but also Washington, DC. I understand that the Pentagon isn't a skyscraper like the WTC, but you'd still need excellent visibility to find it from above. I'm sure they would have went ahead with the mission regardless of the weather, as it has been rumored that the terrorists carried hand-held GPS devices. They already had the coordinates for their targets ahead of time.

If they were indeed hoping for the great weather that they got, maybe the used the Farmer's Almanac. I've used it in the past to get an idea of what the weather would be like when I planned vacations or important events, and it has served me very well (believe it or not.) It'd be interesting to see if you could go back and find out what the Farmer's Almanac had predicted for the weather on 9/11 in NYC and DC.

new topics

top topics

join