It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action and Reaction Ancient Rome OKC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
From antiquity to modern times, history is replete with examples of ruthless and corrupt politicians who have shamelessly exploited and manipulated tragic events and the criminal acts of a few to advance their own lust for power. In cases too numerous to mention, tyrants and aspiring despots have gone even further, engaging agents provocateurs to carry out assassinations, foment riots and rebellion, precipitate financial panics, attempt palace coups, feign foreign invasion, initiate acts of terrorism, and perform other infamous acts - all for the purpose of establishing a mass psychology of fear, a sense of "crisis," of imminent danger requiring the government to suspend normal liberties and seize vast new powers to deal with the "emergency." History records that far too often these "temporary" assumptions of power have given way to permanent brutal oppression, and to terror and mass murder by the saviors who promised deliverance from the "crisis."

Rest of link.....

www.wealth4freedom.com...

An interesting article not sure I agree with all of it but felt it was worth looking at.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For those who may be too young to remember, or who have chosen to forget
, the accusations that the Clinton administration and the Democratic politicians in office at the time of the OKC bombing became almost militant in their attempts to push the bombing off on "right-wingers" is absolutely correct. I can remember a roundtable discussion that took place with a panel of politicians and journalists within two weeks of the bombing in which the left-wing attendees outright blaimed the Republican politicians and their "right-wing radio talk hosts (i.e. Rush)" for being hate-mongers that incited this type of behavior.

It was despicable.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Valhall

Which part?

The right wing hate-mongering?

Or the typical shifting of responsibility to the other side?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There is no typical shifting to the other side, unless you want to go ahead an nail down that the Republicans will ALWAYS be the other side.

Clinton and democrats in office - it's the Republican's fault.

Bush and republicans in office - it's the Republican's fault.

i.e. other side is necessarily the Republicans.

and, yes, the dead horse beating that continues ad nauseum that people right of center are hate-mongers.

top topics

join