It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you peole think of .............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What do you people think of The Disclosure Project ???????????

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's funny because this gets asked at least a couple times a month here but I think the General Concensus here is:

1) Great Idea

2) Poor Execution

and I and some others would probably add

3) Will not succeed using current revenue model

I think it could be used as a good model for future Disclosure groups, but they need to find a way to have greater transparancy (without charging fees) and greater accountability to the UFOlogy community.

I also personally believe the U.S. is maybe not the best country in which to run such a project since it perhaps is the center of the UFO coverup and unlikey to be very cooperative with or very tolerant of such a project.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
it was an interesting idea, but i think now Dr. Steven Greer has opened himself up to ridicule for what he does now. if you hear him now he will say that he goes out looking for ufo's and all that now.
for someone in his position he had to try to stay behind a line of respectability. unfortunately he has crossed that line now, and if you hear him he seems to come across now as one of those people in the 50's that were claiming aliens were our friends etc... i think it just sums up how he turned down the wrong road.

it was a shame because his vids were interesting, trying to do a serious approach to the subject, but now he just sounds like he should be on a tabloid show.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Have you ever seen The Disclosure Project on the internet or downloaded

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yep i saw some of the shows, and listened to him on c2c.
one thing he claimed in the vids that he had loads more videos of people, is there some reason he has given why he never seemed to release those, or has he stopped releasing the others?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
listen what if it did come out what if they turned round and said we got ufos and aliens what do you think the public would do

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i think that won't happen until there is total mind control. you have to remember that there is hardly any tolerence to live with others of our own species, just imagine if something came from elsewhere.
remember when orson wells read that stuff on the radio 50-60 years ago, the people where running around with guns etc.. a good example of what people do when they are faced with something like that.
so until total mind control is here, i do not think it would be a good idea, but there is also a problem with having total mind control is that we could be told anything and we would just believe it.
for me personally i would think that any form of species that is superior to us, are bad news.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am very concerned that Greer and his team have been covertly influenced by govt, just as all prominent leaders in the public UFO field are.

I am waiting to see what evidence of either progression of his true, original intentions for his project, or disinformation instead, comes out. The longer time goes by that does not yield results of truth, the more I think govt got to him.

However, I don't blame Greer if he has been controlled. The govt threats and/or seduction are too much for any mortal.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

However, I don't blame Greer if he has been controlled. The govt threats and/or seduction are too much for any mortal.

yep i understand, but all we can do is assess from outside, so i just say they have manipulated him into a position where he can be ridiculed today, by offering him some things
but hey it's like you say we are all mortal, so i cannot blame him for that, the government are very good at what they do with opening people upto ridicule etc... they would have something on everything, and everyone has there weaknesses, and if they do not the government can just make it up, they know most people believe them at the end of the day.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well if he has been compromised wtf did he expect!??

Since when has the American Govt. shown real tolerance towards dissenters?

I can't think of many (maybe any?) countires which do.

(even if they pretend to in public)

I wonder what he might have accomplished if he had taken the warez approach and just tried to distribute as much info as fast as possible accross the net under a consistant pseudonym...

Maybe, one day, someone in some country who is a true whistleblower will do this and help fianlly bring the House of Lies down..

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Maybe, one day, someone in some country who is a true whistleblower will do this and help fianlly bring the House of Lies down..

that cannot happen as there are tools in place to stop real info getting out, they would be on you very quickly(it does not matter where you are, these people can do anything remember, they would do anything to protect what they have.)

plus there is another reason why that will not work, something like the following famous quote, i do not know who said it

"THE GOVERNMENT ONLY HAS TO PROTECT LITTLE SECRETS, AS THE PUBLIC WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THE BIG SECRETS"

[edit on 8-7-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

that cannot happen as there are tools in place to stop real info getting out, they would be on you very quickly(it does not matter where you are, these people can do anything remember, they would do anything to protect what they have.)

Andy,

No - I believe this is a defeatist attitude.

That is the "Boogeyman" irrational fear they want you to have about them...

Even with Alien technology at their disposal they are only Human, and Humans have limitations and make mistakes.

With the right resources and the proper planning you could definately concoct a way to distribute things on the Internet without it being traced back to you.

Plus - if the secret is damaging enough - some whistle blowers may be willing to "martyr" themselves for the cause even if it means jail time or worse.

Trust me the more networked the world gets the less able they will be able to keep things hidden and quiet.

We must resist, tho, the mind control / hypnosis they will attempt to impose on us utilizing this same power of networking however.

And, fortunately enough, it seems there will always bee some of us who are naturally immune to these controls - although even we can become distracted.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

top topics

join