It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their a scientific explanation for reincarnation? and I have a possible explanation about life/de

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've heard many stories of people being declared dead, only to "come to life" hours later in the morgue. There's even been cases, in the old days before we removed blood from the deceased and replaced it with embalming fluids, of people waking up after being buried and clawing the insides of the lids of their coffins apart. Such a fear ensued of being buried alive or coming back to life after burial, that some caskets were rigged with a string hooked to a bell above the ground. I guess if you woke up after being buried, you'd pull the string and ring the bell to get someone's attention. Now I can't say the latter story is true with 100% certainty, but I've definitely heard of people waking up hours later in the morgue. This was the case with one man, in particular who later wrote a book about it, of being struck by lightning and dying only to later wake up in the morgue.

I don't have the time to Google all of this stuff, but I believe it to be true. The body, in large part, is still a mystery to us. We've figured out a lot but there's so much more we don't know. It can work in so many different and mysterious ways. Maybe it all comes down to people dying before its really their time to die. I believe in God, and I believe that until your time comes, God is going to do everything in his power to keep you alive! lol

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I see what you're saying, Rasputin...but...

The people you mention weren't dead to begin with.

There was no "resurrection", or "coming back to life" - just a tragic misdiagnosis (and that's one heckuva misdiagnosis, to be sure), caused by lack of knowledge and expertise, you know?

T'ain't the same thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sounds like he's doing OK.

From link:

“I don’t know if he survived because of his strength or because he is lucky, but he is back here with us and causing more havoc than normal.”
The youngster has since made a complete recovery and four days ago celebrated the arrival of his brother, baby Jack.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Lanotom
OK here's one. After 7 hours

www.paramedic.org.uk...

I have to believe that there is more to this story. Why would resusitation efforts continue on someone who has been dead that long? Surely without a blood supply irreversible brain damage would occur. Remember Terri Schiavo.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here's the guy that was struck by lighting and was clinically dead 28 minutes.

www.mikepettigrew.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is no hard-evidence to back up the existance of live after death, however there is alot of evidence of ghosts.

Most people have an experience in their live or someone they know have experienced something.

I wouldn't see entirely implausible that there is a live after death, reincarnation would be the most logical next step, I believe you can either rest in the other side, kinda rest your soul and process all the knowledge you obtained and then you can decide to come back.

scientificly, there is no conclusive proof or evidence on reincarnation, but in alot of cultures it's an accepted believe.

I personally believe in reincarnation, it's very unlikely that we would just cease to exist since we are aware of our own existance, if we are aware of our existance, what else is aware of it's existance? but ofcourse it's something that only applies to living organisms.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Some handy links about reincarnation. I'd recommend also, The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche; obviously I'm not going to quote such an immense text here. I'm fraidycat about copyright infringement, yanno

First, the obligatory Wiki entry on reincarnation

Next, some sites offering "proof".

Individual opinions on reincarnation

Pages at Virginia Edu about reincarnation

Another interesting piece

And from the skeptic's point of view:

Skeptic Report's opinion

From skepdic.com

Happy reading!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We are Energy.

Conservation of Energy. Your consciousness is recycled, in a sense.

Some think Re-Incarnation is only significant in terms of 'consciously remembering past lives', and if this isn't possible, Re-Incarnation is not viable in their (third) eyes.

These are the Ones I have in Mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
We are Energy.

Conservation of Energy. Your consciousness is recycled, in a sense.

Great ideas, but can you back this up with anything?

Is our consciousness truly recycled? How do we know this?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
people say Jesus could have been talking about reincarnation but I believe that is wishfull thinking.

As a viewer of the world from a from a Biblical point of view, I say demonic possession and angelic influences play a part in reincarnation stories. Usaully people have to hypnotised in some way to remember but that in turn leads to spiritual contact or deception of demons that want us to believe this story to distract attention to God. This leads us to feeling we do not need God to save us and saying we will be alive again without judgement or having learned from our mistakes from our previous lives, what do we get out of that? Do'nt forget demons and angels watch us so they know quite a bit about other peoples previous lives.

Its up to you what to believe its just my perspective amongst many others.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by The time lord]

[edit on 10-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
There is no hard-evidence to back up the existance of live after death, however there is alot of evidence of ghosts.

There's no hard evidence, just anecdotal stuff. The concept of life after death relies on the idea that life begins at birth and ends at death. From another perspective, being human and being alive is simply a diversion from a greater or lesser form of existence.

Think of the concept of a game. A game forces one to concentrate on solving a problem or challenge with finite resources. It is a simplification, in a sense, of life. Philosophers have long used games in analogies, the 'chessboard of life,' for example.

It's feasible that life truly is a game, a diversion from a much broader existence. Some people decide to replay the game, and are thus reincarnated. The amount of information they take back into their new lives is decided by them, or arbitrary.

But why would anyone want to forget a previous life, given the advantage having lived before gave them? Well, that's easy - they wish for the thrill of discovery. Often, playing a game is far more enjoyable than winning. Also, have you ever wished that you could erase your memories of a particularly fond experience, so that you could relive it for the first time?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As a very young child I remember believing that a statue of Jesus was within me; I have no idea why I came to this conclusion but I loved to stare at the sky at night knowing that's where God was. As my parents were not particularly religious it's a mystery how I came to that belief. At this point in my life I am technically an agnostic - but I lean towards believing in God and Jesus though not through any church. I'm open on reincarnation, however looking at the world we live in and knowing (?) that the premise of reincarnation is that you keep coming back until you get it right I think the devil is winning. Also in reference to the 90% unused part of our brain, if we are made in the image of God (and have this little piece of God in our body (or brain) perhaps that 90% is where our prayers go and if we believe enough, our brain comes up with an answer to our prayers. So if your prayers aren't answered you can blame yourself. I know in times of great stress or deep longing a few of my prayers have been answered so I'm inclined to believe God is within. And in another lifetime I must have been a devil of an English teacher; and in this life I was a secretary. So please, use your spell checks once in a while. The grammar and spelling on most of these websites is appalling. GeMom

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi my names Stephen

Erm, theory sounds fairly pheasable in fact it's a great attempt at an explanation for reincarnation.

I've always thought it had something to do with energy. I'll explain:
My science teacher back when i was at school use to say how energy will ALWAYS be in the atmosphere, energy cannot be destroyed or formed.

She explained dropping a pen will go through (not in order) kinetic, potential and gravational energy from the moment you let go of the pen and then the energy will continue to go through more complex types of energy(which she never taught us of) until it manifests into another object a fraction of a mili second after the last form of energy from the previous object.

CONCLUSION:
If energy can not be destroyed and stays within the atmosphere or manifests itself within another object, could spiritual energy be regarded amongst the same rules? thus entering another body or staying within purgatory?

i dunno just a stab in the dark at trying to come up with my own explanation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join