It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is their a scientific explanation for reincarnation? and I have a possible explanation about life/de

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
this guy on television said that he beleives in reincarnation because it scientifacly possible i think he mean the process of reusing souls in different bodies.

Anyway you know that you have so many chemicals,neurons inside your head and that people only use about 5 or 10 percent of their brain that means your brain can handle a lot more pressure if it used more. In science we learned that you can destroy anything and you cant make anything so with all those neurons and stuff and those extra ones maybe it just leaves the body and some of them assume a different role instead of serving for movement when you die. Sorry if this is messy ill fix it if anyone has troubl reading it.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by healthyhitter]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are you referring to the matter can niether be created nor destroyed theory? (My chemistry teacher made a big deal about it.) Then it can be applied to a soul. A free soul will most likely find a new body to inhabit, instead of simply disappearing when their current host body dies.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I find it rather odd that people can believe in a soul, yet watch someone be revived several minutes (sometimes hours) after death.

Reincarnation has no scientific basis if you assume people dont remember anything from their past lives. Most of the cases in which they do is chance.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I dunno.
You hear about folks who've flatlined and floated, and it makes you wonder.
Personally, I totally believe that we are souls attached to meat-bags...but, that's just me.
I believe that we are able to achieve so much more...but, then, I'm an optomitrist, or podiatrist or something.
Who can prove that we have a soul?
Who can prove that we don't?
I guess that sometimes, ya just have to take **** on faith.
No matter which way your dogma swings.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by casual_fantasm
I dunno.
You hear about folks who've flatlined and floated, and it makes you wonder.
Personally, I totally believe that we are souls attached to meat-bags...but, that's just me.

ROFL - "flatlined and floated" is a hilarious phrase!

Instead of the concept that we are souls attached to meatbags, I like the concept that our universe is composed of multiple dimensions, but we aren't able to directly observe all of them. We can easily see three dimensions, but it takes higher brain powers to acknowledge the power of the fourth, that being time. It takes yet higher brain powers, which we pretty much lack, to percieve the other dimensions composing our universe. It is through those other dimensions that we draw our creativity, humanity, etc.

So the concept of a soul as being completely individual may or may not be true in this framework. Whether our individual identity and memories are encoded only in neurons in the 3-D sections of the universe, or whether they are embedded long-term in other dimensions for access after death, is unknown, but entirely possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
I find it rather odd that people can believe in a soul, yet watch someone be revived several minutes (sometimes hours) after death.

Where do you get that people have been revived after several hours? Your brain is the last thing to start dying and it is dead after 12-14 minutes because it does not recieve any oxygen if blood is not being pumped through the body. So you can be revived, but it has to be done in a matter of minutes. Hours is simply impossible because your cells have started to die by that time. Also, whose to say that we know how long it takes our souls to go to heaven or hell or to be reincarnated. Its a pretty arrogant and ignorant statement to say that it is impossible for humans to have souls since we can die and be revived.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Also, I believe that reincarnation and/or the belief in a heaven and hell is scientifically possible. If, and i believe we do have souls then it would seem to be impossible for our souls to just die. And cease to excist. Just doesnt make sense. So I believe they are either reused in another body, or they move on to another location, possibly heaven and hell are in another dimension, that makes sense to me. If you have any proof that it isnt possible, I would be happy to hear it.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthyhitter
people only use about 5 or 10 percent of their brain that means your brain can handle a lot more pressure if it used more.

This is where your theory fails as we do use 100% of our brain, just at different times.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macgregor6590

Originally posted by Raideur

Where do you get that people have been revived after several hours?

Sorry I can't find a link but I do recall hearing of people who have drowned and were revived hours after they were recovered from the water. I am in search of a source.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OK here's one. After 7 hours

www.paramedic.org.uk...

And then with hamsters and dogs

www.raps.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthyhitter
people only use about 5 or 10 percent of their brain

We do use 100% of our brain as Linux has already stated. I believe that this idea came to be from a misinterpretation of someone saying we use 5-10% of our brain's power. If I am wrong on this belief please let me know.

[edit on 7/9/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Look into certain Buddhist beliefs, regarding "proof" of reincarnation.

As such, there's little in the way of "hard science" - but this might depend on exactly what kind of proof you're looking for.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Wow, 7 hours, thats incredible. But are you sure he flatlined? I mean its basically scientifically impossible for him not to have some sort of brain damage. 7 hours, i dont know about that. THats incredible.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
If I am wrong on this belief please let me know.

[edit on 7/9/2005 by hatchedcross]

Your not and here's the proof to back it up

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

www.paramedic.org.uk...

I have to believe that there is more to this story. Why would resusitation efforts continue on someone who has been dead that long? Surely without a blood supply irreversible brain damage would occur. Remember Terri Schiavo.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Lanotom

www.paramedic.org.uk...

I have to believe that there is more to this story. Why would resusitation efforts continue on someone who has been dead that long? Surely without a blood supply irreversible brain damage would occur. Remember Terri Schiavo.

I can't find any info on google, but I remember (definitely, so do family members) a report about a young girl (about 12) revived after 3 hours dead.

It happened in New Hampshire. The ice fishermen there often drive their vehicles onto the lakes when they are frozen. Sometimes, the vehicles fall through. In this one case, between 91 and 93 I think, the girl was stuck in the cab of a pickup that went into the lake. Divers eventually got there and pulled her out. When they brought her up they revived her, but she was brain dead and in a coma, without life support.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ice is the key word in the case you cite. When the body temperature drops below a given temperature, then the likelihood of revival is greatly enhanced.

What is interesting about the UK story is that there is no mention of temperature and the fact that the child was reivived seven hours after being found.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there are precious few facts to go on. I remain skeptical, but I'm sure that there's more to the story than we know now.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Scientifically, reincarnation is implausible.

With the process of revival it only add to the idea that when we die, we die. Nothing more after that.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Lanotom, The story about the boy being regvived after 7 hours if true would be amazing. I find it hard (amazing) to believe that an emergency Team of doctors would spend 7 Hours! trying to revive someone when I always thought they would spend at most several minutes to maybe best case senario of one hour.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Regarding long survivals...

Google "diving reflex". More usual in children, this happens if the body is plunged into icy/extremely cold water....the body "re-routes" blood from extremities to vital organs, keeping such alive.

From the Merck Manual: Merck Manual linky

"Because of the mammalian diving reflex and the reduced metabolic needs associated with hypothermia, vigorous attempts should be made to resuscitate victims (especially children), even if they have been submerged for >= 1 h"

And from a a SCUBA site

"The diving response is more evident in the very young (infants and toddlers); it consists of a slowing of the heart beat, a decrease or cessation of respiration and a dramatic change in the circulation of the blood with circulation only to the most inner core of the body, the heart, lungs and brain. The casual observer sees this victim as cold, blue and not breathing. These victims appear dead. Cold water immersion victims have been fully resuscitated when treated carefully with a variety of rewarming techniques ranging from warm blankets to complete cardiopulmonary bypass techniques in major hospitals."

It can happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join