It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I keep Coming Back?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have a ton of work I need to get done today, I have to do research for my debate, and I also have something to be working on for my sister on the side, too. Time is something I do not have today. Yet...Yet I can't stop clicking on myATS! Between writing SQL statements, I flip back to FireFox and hit myATS. New entry on the list? better read it and possibly reply! I run and ask my boss a question about how to go about something, and I'm annoyed if the answer takes more than 45 seconds because I haven't had a chance to hit myATS! What the heck?? Ka-Raaaaay-zzeeeee!

[edit on 7-8-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
...And I'm writing about it, not doing something about it, here on BTS...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ha, I do this every single day. If I spent half the time working that I spend on ATS, I could probably be able to buy my own house now, just being here for a couple of months. Never mind that I have stuff that needs to get out 10 minutes ago, or a project that I truly want to work on. It's not as important as finding out if the Illuminati are about to take over the world or if we were created as opposed to we evolved from monkeys. Those are the life threatening issues that need immediate attention! Program bugs? Nah, those are a dime a dozen. Besides, that program doesn't really need to get out today. It can wait until tomorrow...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think about you and bring you with my thoughts..LOL

I will not stop until i break you...mu haha ha ha ha haha ha

xoxoxo

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can't imagine why folks think you're female sometimes, dg, with those "xo"s

On the plus note, if I get fired, I'll have even more time for ATS for a while, but I really want to get that debate down

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I even seriously asked my fiance last night if she'd mind working double shifts so I could quit my job and devote all my time to posting here. I'm sure you can imagine the look I received...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
I even seriously asked my fiance last night if she'd mind working double shifts so I could quit my job and devote all my time to posting here. I'm sure you can imagine the look I received...

Now there's a truly devoted ATSer.
I'd quit too but I have to have a job to pay for the internet connection.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Could always get a laptop and take a page from this guy's book
Still have to worry about gas for driving around though, and extra batteries... Or we can get one of our more engineering-capable members to design a bicycle that is capable of generating enough power for the laptop, as well as being nice and comfy. That'll solve that problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ironically, this has kind of been taken care of for me just now. It's been 20 minutes since I last checked because I'm working on something that is extremely difficult for me: a user interface. Code? No problem. Creating a completely customizable (via a front end), normalized, relational database structure? No problem. Creating the SQL queries to drive the back end? No problem. Any VBA to make it work correctly? No problem. Putting the fields into a form in such a manner so the user knows what's going on and it doesn't look horrible? Problem. The sad part is, I have a template. Were I to create this in code, it would be no problem (I did a little research into converting a webpage to an Access form and then just telling it where to get the data and where to save the data, but didn't spend too much time and didn't find anything helpful). Instead, I have to take something, figure out what the font is, and create this paper form into an Access form that is completely customizable. Right now, it is so ugly my eyes are bleeding and I needed to take a breather and hit that myATS button.

So now I go back to a job I am totally unqualified for, but am rather focused on. Irony. The stuff I enjoy doing brings me to ATS more often, that which I can't stand doing keeps me away.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ahh, Access, how I loathe thee. Let me count the ways....

The first programming job I applied to I mentioned to the guy who took my resume that I didn't have any experience with Access, but I could learn it pretty quickly. He told me that the best way to learn access was to shoot yourself in the foot and spend the time recovering trying to figure it out. Quite frankly, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot so I'd have an excuse to not use Access.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
See, now I would think that if I had to use Access, I could shoot myself in the eyes and then just manage someone else who has to use Access.

Access for a job like this I can deal with (my principle job, though, Access has caused nightmare upon nightmare. Gotta love corruption.). It's essensially creating a simple front end data collection form and putting it in a format where we'd be able to take the data collected through the research and apply it in the means we need. Very simple stuff, which Access actually does kind of well.

Anything complicated, though...Oy. You're better off designing your own database program. It would probably take less time than trying to troubleshoot why something is failing.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Can't imagine why folks think you're female sometimes, dg, with those "xo"s

On the plus note, if I get fired, I'll have even more time for ATS for a while, but I really want to get that debate down
How many posters here offer you love and kisses? Not many i bet.

Here i am being nice to you and you make fun:shk:

top topics

join