It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow lots of circles and black smoke on google maps??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I got no idea where this place is, and there seems to be no buildings or anything near by so I don't know what the deal is with the black smoke coming out of the ground, but here is the area zoomed out.

Here is the "black smoke". I'm not sure if it's black smoke or not, but it looks puffy so I just figured it was smoke and not black dirt.

Here are the 'circles'. Some aren't blacked out but most of them are, and I'm clueless as to what can cause a satellite to black out a round object so perfectly like it's done.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
WOAH. I had no idea it was coming out of a building!! Wow.
There.
I feel so stupid now. But still, that's alot of smoke to be coming out of a building and that's a long straight run way.
What's the deal with the black circles though?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
While the black circles are farms, thats still an amazing find!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Then that's alot of farms, and if that's a city where the smoke is coming from then the circles are the same size as the city, and they're all in lines.
Also, if that is smoke coming out of the city, then I'd hope the EPA knew about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, that's not a city man, you can see the roads... it's big but not close toa city.

I've changed my mind, I think those are salt things? I know they are circular like that, not sure at the size tho...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Still, that smoke's got me stumped.
But what makes satellites or google maps black out circles like that? They blacked them out so perfectly.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i keep getting a reply : We could not understand the location libya

have they for some reason deleted the pictures ??

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was about to say it was the works of slash and burn farming, until I zoomed in. Really who knows what it could be.

I was sort of thinking that the smoke in the second image was from a destroyed oil pipeline.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well whatever they are they are not blacked out by google, they are actually on the ground! Because you can see circles that are not black, like they have been filled with sand or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
I was sort of thinking that the smoke in the second image was from a destroyed oil pipeline.

thats waht crossed my mind... those maps are cool !!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pretty cool. First thought was bruning oil as well.
It looks like there's a landing strip nearby. Maybe military something. Who knows. Cool nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yep, which is why I had it in the other forum but it's been moved, I hope people still see it here. Unless they're like me and never visit BTS. :shk:

There's a long airport strip, a little town that's got black smoke coming out of it, and a bunch of blacked out circles.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Another airport and smoke

I wish this wasn't in BTS. I never check BTS when I'm looking for stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think this could what they are.

www.galenfrysinger.com...

top topics

join