It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence the voices of Doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Watching the events of the day on the news is usually a daily "ritual" among most people. Its a ritual for those good and bad.

Im writing this thread because of the results of the media coverage of the London bombings.

Do they believe that only Americans and such view the news? Do they not know that "terrorists" are watching?

Sure people have complained about it before, saying that explaining security flaws and such can show the terrorists what to strike, but this is not what im worried about.

Let me explain what I am worried about and why.

We can blab and blab about how things are vunerable to attack.

The terrorists may or may not attack the vunerabilities.

We can show how horrified we are of violence, how much panic is caused and other terrorist attack aftermath.

The terrorists "feed" on this. This is why they are doing it. The terrorists dont watch the weather network, comedy central or HBO.

They watch to see our reaction, when they see panic, violence etc, in their mind they are winning this "fight".

This is what they want.

Dont give it to them.

Silence the voices of Doom.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
turn off the TV while your at it!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
So what exactly is it that you are suggesting we do?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
These guys don't seem to understand the concept of poking a stick at a hornet's nest. They aren't terrorists. They're pissers. I say this because the piss more people off than they scare. I'm not scared of them. I'm mad that they're going after the innocent's instead of the decision makers.

We should show them people that are royally POed, rather than people putting paper bags over their heads and hiding under their desks.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't think the average homocide bomber or Al Qeada member gets up in the morning has a bowl of wheaties and flicks on CNN to plan their next attack.

The news gives no "real" info to the well trained terrorists that flooded out of Al Qeada schools in Afganistan throuout the 90's. The recruits there recieved military style training in infantry tactics, weapons, and explosives. More advanced and skilled members selected to run cells abroad recieved espionage, surviellance, and planning of mission training. Tens of thousands of documents found after the US take-over show how effective these men intended to be.

The following quotes come from various articles on this webpage:
www.skfriends.com...

0n Aug. 17, 1995, Amir Maawia Siddiqi, the son of a bookshop owner in a small village in Pakistan, set down his oath of allegiance to the jihad.

"I, Amir Maawia Siddiqi, son of Abdul Rahman Siddiqi, state in the presence of God that I will slaughter infidels my entire life," he wrote. "And with the will of God I will do these killings in the supervision and guidance with Harkat ul-Ansar."

He accepted a code name, Abu Rashid, signed his name and concluded, "May God give me strength in fulfilling this oath."

The oath, found in a house in Kabul used by a Pakistani Islamist group, was part of an extensive paper record that fleeing Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters left behind last fall at sites across Afghanistan. Reporters for The New York Times collected over 5,000 pages of documents from abandoned safe houses and training camps destroyed by bombs.

It is a rare collection, the raw, unmediated stuff of the jihadis' lives. Individually, the documents are shards — as mundane as a grocery list and as chilling as notes for the proper positioning of a truck bomb. But taken together, they tell a rich inside story of the network of radical Islamic groups that Osama bin Laden helped assemble in Afghanistan.

More about their training and what it involved.

Other notebooks depicted an entirely different type of training: espionage and explosives classes, perhaps for more advanced recruits or those headed to terror cells abroad. (Ahmed Ressam, a Qaeda member convicted of plotting to blow up Los Angeles International Airport during millennium celebrations, testified at a trial in New York last year that he first attended a basic infantry camp and then received advanced training.)

An espionage class notebook, written in neat Arabic but not signed, had the following headings: "How to use a code, security of operations, security plan, intelligence, intelligence gathering, surveillance, methods of communication, methods of opening envelopes, persuasion, planning for intelligence operations, recruitment, managing assets, choosing an asset."

"Persuasion," for instance, involved "obtaining information from a person through conversations with him without his realizing the importance of what he is saying."

There were step-by-step instructions on surveillance: "Get complete description of person, his habits, his daily errands, his children and his wife, his standing in the community, his skills and educational goals, his income, when he wakes, the best times for inspecting his house, places he goes regularly."

Do not underestimate the Jihadi's out there. They have been working and training for war with the west for years. Whether a News outlet comments on security weaknesses or not, it HAS to be assummed that the terrorists are already well aware of our strengths and flaws in security. I don't think you can make a case that any info fed out over the airwaves gives Al Qeada their intel, rather they are certainly going out and gathering their own.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Its not so much the terrorists watching the news to get tips on security, its the terrorists watching the news and seeing the reactions of the people.

They view this and in their eyes they see what they wanted accomplished. People living in fear, panic etc.

Many journalists "play up" acts of violence and destruction.

I was watching CNN today and Miles O'Brien was talking. Listen to him when you get a chance, he is an absolute prophet of doom.

In my mind, showing death and destruction makes the terrorists feel like what they are doing is making them "win".

Just my opinion.

top topics

join