It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of evolution and how humans and aliens differ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I just thought up a simple theory.

Lets assume for this example that the universe was created in a split second, a "big bang" theory if you will.

Now we can basically chart how life has changed over the time we can understand.

As far as I know, we cannot change the rate of evolution.

Considering that the universe may have been created in an instant, evolution would begin in an instant. But does that mean that life elsewhere is more advanced than we are?

Are we humans the universal equivalent of peak evolutionary state in time?

That meaning that human level intelligent life may be the highest form in the universe.

This doesnt mean that "aliens" dont exist, or that they even look like humans for that matter.

But are they smarter than us?

The question is debatable.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
well there is a term known as accelerated evolution and that was done to us.REad the lacerta files.Christians believe in creation so we were created by aliens but not from scratch.ALso there is not one universe but multiple universes is a form of an omniverse.souls also evolve and they evolve from 1 density life form and go up and up until they be with the one(the supreme creator).The entire universe is nothing but a computer generated dreamworld.Read the lacerta files and check more about hinduism.THey match.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Evolution may proceed at a steady pace, but knowledge does not. For us it has always been highly dependant on indivduals. One person or small group learn something that then spawns a whole host of other areas of knowledge.

Technology, knowledge, smarts, advance in a geometric fashion. The rate increases with each new discovery.

Considering the estimated age of the Universe we have a pretty big span of time to think about. Take our history for example, and insert a couple more Einsteins or Teslas.

I think the safe bet is that in the grand scheme of things we are somewhere in the middle. Some races could have been developing for much longer that we, others have barely made it out of the stone age.

So I think we have the potential for races that are well in advance of us (the possibility of 10s, 100s of thousands of years are staggering) but I doubt we are the only race still struggling to get off our home planet either. But even a 1,000 year difference is more than we could really even classify as 'science'.

A.T
(-)

new topics

join