It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wormhole travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was thinking about this Stargate travel and have a question for anyone who might be able to answer. If the gate travel as depicted on the show Stargate is through beaming electrons from one gate to another,would it be possible to have one gate here on earth, and propel or navigate a second one through space so that we could decide where we wanted to explore?Of course there would be a lot of stuff to work on,like some sort of vessel,navigation and the like.However, is there a theory out there on how this may be done?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
there are several theories at howthingswork.com you can read alot about it i think thats the site anyways... But wormholes exist all over he galaxy its just a matter of finding them and exploiting them... Then again NASA knows alot more then we think about that kind of stuff... not to mention suposedlly we have the grey alien species at dulce New Mexico and we can "communicate" with them enough to make peace and find out about "the reptilian race" so im sure theyd be able to show us there way of inter galactic travel.... Wormholes is just as possible as cosmic strands or quantum foam

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Even if we could find a wormhole, the problem is getting to it, and finding out where it goes. And its possible that a wormhole could be one way, another problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've always imagined a 3rd person perspective of actual wormholes looking something like this:

IMO, if they aren't really this cool in real life then the hell with em anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I poked around google and couldnt find the info . but.. didnt hawking come out and say all his research was for naught because black holes and worm holes dont exist???

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I believe in the movie "contact" they traveled through a worm whole, pretty cool idea although I doubt such technology is possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
Even if we could find a wormhole, the problem is getting to it, and finding out where it goes. And its possible that a wormhole could be one way, another problem.

I suspect there may be some confusion on this subject.Wormhole travel as posited on the Stargate show is not the same as traveling through a theoretical wormhole deep in space.This type of travel is from a point to point basis by somehow de-molecularizing molecules into an energy signature and re-molecularizing at the other end of tavel.Kind of like turning sound waves when we talk on the telephone. This is not a new theory.Remember "beam me up Scotty"?There has been theoretical research done that I am aware of,but I have not found any actual phyisical studies that have been done or may be ongoing.I am looking for some though.The anti-gravity aspect intrigues me with its possible uses today.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Wormholes are no good.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
news.bbc.co.uk...

Wormholes are no good.

Good link,thanks.However,it is not about time travel I inquire,it is about getting from point A to point B as rapidly as possible.Suppose we could develop a means of getting from Earth to Mars in a matter of hours,think of the benefits of exploration and advancment we could enjoy.Is anyone aware of any research on this beyond theoretical discussion,what about all of the Area 51 hype.Is it being done but being covered up?

top topics

join