It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Installation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
An interview with Valery Uvarov, regarding Russian research into UFOs.

The following extracts were transcribed from a filmed interview with Valery Uvarov, of Russia's National Security Academy, conducted by Graham W. Birdsall, Editor of the UK-based UFO Magazine. The interview took place at the 12th International UFO Congress Convention and Film Festival, held February 2-8, 2003, in Laughlin, Nevada, USA.

Graham Birdsall (GB): What is your official title?

Valery Uvarov (VU): I am head of the Department of UFO Research, Science and Technical, National Security Academy, based in St Petersburg, Russia.

GB: This, then, is an official Russian government agency?

VU: Absolutely. I am answerable to two people above me. They are answerable to the next person above them, who is our President [Putin].

GB: What exactly is your remit?

VU: Our research efforts are divided into two parts. Firstly, we are constantly analysing data coming in from all over the world. We then extract what we consider to be the most interesting information through our database-which is yellow, which is red. This, then, is released to various departments throughout Russia. The other aspect of our research stemmed from asking the question: do UFOs exist or not? For sure, we know they exist, but what is behind their activity, their interest? This is the most important issue for us, and what we mostly focus our investigations on.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've read this before, I don't know what to make of it. Does anyone know anything about this Valery Uvarov? Is he really who he says he is and is he trust-worthy? One thing that bugs me is that if this installation exists couldn't this guy get satellite pictures of it if he's so far up the ranks?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That interview was actually used to support the idea that a Russian test/accodent was the cause of the Tunguska Fireball in 1908.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yeah I knew I'd seen it before, thanks for the thread link.

top topics

join