posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:39 PM
Why bomb London?
1. So the people blame their goverment and make it unpopular. This happend during the Spanish elections but only after the pro Iraq war goverment
blamed the terrorist act on ETA not "muslim" fanatics. They were accused of doing this for political reasons and thats what caused the back lash.
2. To make the people more angry, more pro war. This might seem like a bad idea but the aim is to cause more support for terrorism (within the
fanatics own people). For believers in a global Jihad this seems to be smart. (The same fanatics seem to forget we have Nukes and they don't. Maybe
they think our leaders arn't crazy enough to use them. I would ask them to think again).
3. To make Western people question "why you are doing your terrorism." This will indirectly draw attention to your peoples suffering.
4. To make your people feel "proud" that the violence isn't all one way. The first Gulf War killed 250,000 Iraqis so only God knows how many this
one has killed.
5. To remind us we are hated, that the war on terrorism isn't working.
In my opinion and (i dare say yours) all of these "reasons" are small compared with the trouble they cause.
Far from weakening the war on terror Bush will be able to bang on about "the threat" from terrorism. Far from weakening the goverment the people
will unite around their leaders as Western people always have done during a time of fear and "war". Far from making the goverment unpopular it gives
it more reasons to jusify its actions, and more political tools to attack anti war people like myself. Far from making Arabs proud it makes them
scared about what the West will do next.
So perhaps the biggest reason for terrorism is that the terrorists sincerally do not understand our people, let alone our culture. Yours Alex.