It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumours Of UFO Landing In Siberia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

BTW- Alcohol doesn't cause hallucinations. I never got why people question whether someone has been drinking when they report seeing something weird. It would make more sense to ask them if they'd been doing shrooms or peyote.

That might make more common sense , but psylicibin , and mescaline won't make you see things that aren't there either!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yes it does absinth can cause halucinations actually

Links

[edit on 12-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I won't comment on whether it was a UFO or not, but I would like to make a few points regarding other items in this discussion.

1) As stated above, the animals most likely would have been able to tell that a tornado was on it's way. Tornados come with an extremely volatile pressure system (see this), and birds at the very least would notice this in advance. Aside from that, there's also the extraordinary winds, rain, hail, and thunder and lightning associated with any violent storm. If you've ever had a pet in a thunderstorm, I'm sure you've noticed a change in their personality once that first thunder crash hits.

2) Regarding alcohol, while it doesn't (normally at least) cause hallucinations, it can make your judgement impaired to the point you misinterpret something. For example, if you see a blinking light in the sky sober, you're generally pretty sure it's a plane. If you've been partying all night, then you might not notice it blinking, or your vision might be a little blurred and it doesn't look like the small pin-point light a plane would have. Ergo, it must be an alien craft. You're not lying, and you're not really hallucinating, but you're still far from correct.

3) Although I don't have anything to really base this on other than my own possibly ill-formed logic, probably a large reason so many sightings occur over unpopulated areas is because metropolitan areas makeup such a small percentage of the Earth's land surface. I'd hazard a (completely pulled out of the air) guess that maybe only 20-30% of the world's land area is populated to any reasonable degree, save nomadic tribes or extremely tiny villages. The odds of a major sighting happening over a city are most definitely not favorable, whatever the exact ratio is. And if there is any gov't conspiracy to hide this stuff, I'm sure they're going to do whatever it takes to make sure there aren't any flight paths through NY airspace.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

Links

Even if it did , and there is very little evidence suggesting it does, cause halucinations, it is so rare that it couldn't have made any contribution to UFO sightings.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
HOw close was this to Tunguska.
You never know there might be some sort of link between the two.

I'm not sure, but I heard that what happend in Tunguska in 1908 was some kind of a small meteor. When burning up and exploding in the atmosphere it left trees and animals dead in a considerable large area and the blast is said could be seen as far as London, England. But that's just what I heard... Interesting thread!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by klain

Links

Even if it did , and there is very little evidence suggesting it does, cause halucinations, it is so rare that it couldn't have made any contribution to UFO sightings.

true but theres always a chance. If you cant completely rule somthing out when debunking...

...dont

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some facts about Tunguska:
The explosion zone was in a big circular ring simular to any explosion or meteor crater.
The area of the impact has absolute elecrotmagnetic chaos, which has shattered maybe permenantly all the normal alignments with the Earth's electromagnetic field.
The area's trees were very simular to the trees at Hiroshima and Nagashaki.
It was calculated thjat if it was a nuclear explosion it was 8 miles in the air.
The event sent shockwaves that went around the world twice
It caused Russia to have bright nights well into June.
There were/are globules of an unidentifiable material at the site.

Not trying to say anything but it was never really completly explained.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
hasn't it been said that a LONG time ago, like whatever B.C., a UFO crashed in Siberia? or is that tunguska?

sorry, i'm no subject matter expert, as you see.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If it was that big they would have sensed it coming! If the tornado just began there then it wouldn't have gained enough power to cause that much destruction.

Have you ever SEEN a tornado? You wouldn't believe how fast they can form. I've seen plenty. Didn't see the one the other night (spawned from Dennis), but had to clean up after it...and I heard it. I thought it was just a gust from the storm, but further examining the treetop shows in was a tornado that didn't quite touch the ground. (the tree limbs are all broken in that pattern). There were a few dead birds (in nests) too....

They are incredibly powerful, and quick. At least here they don't last long at all (but you don't really see them coming either). Not like the Midwest, where they get the long duration ones.....

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If it was that big they would have sensed it coming! If the tornado just began there then it wouldn't have gained enough power to cause that much destruction.

Have you ever SEEN a tornado? You wouldn't believe how fast they can form. I've seen plenty. Didn't see the one the other night (spawned from Dennis), but had to clean up after it...and I heard it. I thought it was just a gust from the storm, but further examining the treetop shows in was a tornado that didn't quite touch the ground. (the tree limbs are all broken in that pattern). There were a few dead birds (in nests) too....

They are incredibly powerful, and quick. At least here they don't last long at all (but you don't really see them coming either). Not like the Midwest, where they get the long duration ones.....

Yes they are ever so powerful!

Half of my Town , Vernon Texas was wiped off the face of the Earth in '79, when I was three years old. It was over one mile wide! The Southern edge of the Tornado missed my house by 50 or 60 yards! It was the most powerful Tornado on record for twenty years , until another F5 hit O.K. City a few years back.

But Tornado's leave tracks of destruction , thats why I think if we had a Sat. Pic of the damage , we would be able to say yes it was a tornado , or no it wasn't.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Something crashed in Siberia in June 1908 but there has never been any real answer to what happened it was almost certanily a nuclear explosion but some theories state it could have come from a meteor. Also there is a stream of meteors that pass clos(ish) to EArth on the exact day each year.
For any ohter details look at my previous post in this thread or U2U me if you have any questions(I'm not exactly an expert but I might be able to help with some questions.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join