It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumours Of UFO Landing In Siberia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Three square kilometers of felled trees and lots of dead birds and animals sparked fears of a UFO landing in Siberia. A group of investigators were sent to the area and their preliminary report suggest that the damage was caused by a powerful tornado. Apparently there were no witnesses and there seems to be no solid proof of anything. Just a lot of felled trees and dead animals. The local communities speak of a UFO landing and the "experts" just suggest that there seems to have been a "powerful" tornado...

MosNews: Siberian Tornado Sparks Fears of UFO Landing

"The incident sparked fears of an extraterrestrial impact."

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hm, something that huge...
Wish we had some aerial photographs of it, sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
DAmm why do these aliens love to land in remote areas.Why dont they freakin land in a city.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
HOw close was this to Tunguska.
You never know there might be some sort of link between the two.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon

Exactly what I was thinking, does anyone actually know how far they are apart?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Aren't animals meant to sense danger etc? They usually manage to leave the area well before an incident especially birds!

If it was that big they would have sensed it coming! If the tornado just began there then it wouldn't have gained enough power to cause that much destruction.

It doesn't make any sense! It has to be something unusual and i can understand why people are asuming it's something like a UFO as UFO can't be explained.

If it was a tornado, somebody somewhere would have seen it surley!

Humm very strange!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Try this map:
Welt-Atlas.dewhere
see the words "central siberian plateau"(above the Baikal lake)? Look at the l in plateau, the place the meteroids landed is just under the river under the l in "plateau". Khabarovsk is near the east coast, on the northern chinese border. It's about 3.000 kilometers away.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Angel
Aren't animals meant to sense danger etc? They usually manage to leave the area well before an incident especially birds!

I think this is a very good point.

I would think birds should be able to sense a tornado and fly away in time to save themselves. I have no experience with tornadoes. Is it common for wild animals and birds to fall victims of tornadoes?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon

Russia has the highest per capita alcohol consumption in the world. I would suspect that is a link.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
well seeing as russia is soo god damn huge wat do u expect ....plus its cold lol need sum vodka....*glug glug glug*...*stumbles back* hey as i was sayin *burp*...yeah erm wat was i sayin agen?............

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If we had an aerial view of the damage , it should be easy enough to tell if a Tornado was the cause.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
man i think this what im a bout to say is a little of subject but if we keep seeing the ufos in the sky s and everything someone should at least try to like i dont no "shoot" it not like try to destroy it but see if the ufo or anything in it will react

I mean i keep seeing ufo and i do admit I do believe and like aliens ....
And other stuff why don’t we try to do anything about it i mean just ruff it up make them come down.

sry im just kind of upset since there are so many roomers and crap about the paranormal and no on ever good enough to actually have the balls to like catch it or blah,

i swear in the future i will find the truth and i hope u are all with me because i want to knoWWWWWWWW

ps. if this sounded a little intense or angry sry im a very calm person.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That map isnt an actual photograph so it isn very helpful.
NEd316 ure scarying me calm down.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've never really used them but,

Google maps?
maps.google.com...

Satellite images

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Has anyone seen spielbergs war of the worlds yet.

Do you think anyone in that region has??

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
Has anyone seen spielbergs war of the worlds yet.

Do you think anyone in that region has??

peace

Well what I heard is that the people panicked because they had just seen War of the Worlds in their local theater. That sounds a bit too....1930's for me though.
Something actually did do that damage, alien tripod or not.

BTW- Alcohol doesn't cause hallucinations. I never got why people question whether someone has been drinking when they report seeing something weird. It would make more sense to ask them if they'd been doing shrooms or peyote.

dez

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Interesting this happened in Siberia.
This also happened in Siberia.
www.thesupernaturalworld.co.uk...
Can't really say they're solidly related but it's interesting that these "natural devastation phenomenon" keep happening in Sibera.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dez
Interesting this happened in Siberia.
This also happened in Siberia.
www.thesupernaturalworld.co.uk...
Can't really say they're solidly related but it's interesting that these "natural devastation phenomenon" keep happening in Sibera.

Weather Maps of the area around that time may be a good start.

Sorry at work ATM, would look it my self.

Probably can rule out Tornadoes if skies were free of cloud

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
2points

***keep in mind i could be wrong***

1) from my expierance here in northwest Texas; the animals can sense a huge storm coming; and they high tail it outta the area
birds especially
and this applies for tornados

2) tornados arent very common in siberia

my personal opinion is that it wasnt a UFO landing or a tornado
possibly it was a weapons test ? seems more likely

and if the area wasnt Charred; maybe we could even consider it a "sound bomb" or something of that nature
something that explodes but doesnt cause fire u know

we really cant make a good judgement until we find a photo of the damaged area tho

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I would think it would be easy to tell if it was a tornado. If it has a path of destruction that is narrow and long, it would be a good indication of a tornado. The path would also snake around and would not be a perfect straight line. But, if it was caused by a meteor like the Tunguska Explosion, it would be a circular area of destruction.

I could see how locals might jump to the conclusion that it was caused by a UFO. If you have ever watched a documentary on Russia UFO cases, they describe the population as being more imaginative than even us here in the USA. IMO, the more secretive the government is about this stuff, the more paranoid the population gets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join