It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liver Cleanse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I am getting ready to do a liver cleanse with all natural organic ingrediants.

Ingrediants: beets, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice

I am just curious if anyone has done a liver cleanse? Did it hurt? I dont have any pains now but my family has a history. I just want to do some prevenative stuff. How do you pass big stones? Seems like it would clog or get stuck? Are they soft or hard when they come out? Can you please just share info with me? I am kind of scared to do it because I dont want to clog anything or make myself sick. Any advice would appreciated.

Thanks you.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I came across it earlier today, so I thought I'd share it:

The Lancet Volume 365, Number 9468 16 April 2005

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've tried this. Twice. Followed instructions to the letter, and because I'm a bit anal about such things, had a full series of labs done before and after each session.

Nothing bad happened.

But nothing else happened, either....

(other than I peed a whole lot more, and had some really weird headaches - these can be explained by "it's your body detoxing itself!" and "you're not getting enough nutrients, idiot" variously, depending on which side of the coin you prefer)

There was no increase in good cholesterol, no decrease in bad cholesterol, and no other quantifiable results were noted.

To that end...placebo might play a big part here, and if you feel better afterwards, with no ill effects? Awesome!

On certain reknowned liver detox plan

Even Dr Weil doesn't buy it

And because I'm loathe to give only one side of the story:

A pro-cleanse site

(though you'll note the lack of evidence cited on that last one)

One more

As with anything - try at your own risk. To be honest, as long as you're otherwise healthy, and eat a sensible diet, move around a bit, you probably don't need to do a liver cleanse to begin with; that's assuming that anyone actually needs to do such a thing.

Good luck, either way

(And that's a great Lancet article, too!)

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Event - why are you looking to do a liver clease anyway? Just curious.

I can tell you from personal experience and years of chronic stomach problems that I did a juice fast one weekend combined with an herb called Herbal Pumpkin. Worked like a charm. The Herbal Pumpkin was a detox that also eliminated parasites.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am not really worried so much about the liver but I would like to do a gallbladder cleanse. Although I have heard that if you have gall stones you have liver stones(deposits) as well. My family has a history of gall stones. Recently my younger sister had to have hers removed. I dont want to have that happen to me so I am trying to detox and prevent future occurances. In addition to that I just want to feel better and have a normal functioning body. I have a juicer maybe you could give me the recipe.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Please just promise that you'll spend time researching before you do this.

There's no reason to do something unnecessary, right?

And check your sources. If there's already a familial tendency towards developing gallstones, then you can take steps to avoid them.

Just be aware that gallstones can be caused by fasting.

Gallstones - fasting link

More info

It's a bit concerning to see "I heard somewhere", you know? Make sure you know your sources.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Don't worry Tinkle I won't give bad advise.

Event, my mom had to have her gall bladder removed and my grandmother had an attack at 29 years of age so it runs in my family too. I tend to drink alot of water not necessarily for "health" reasons but rather I just prefer it so I am sure that helps. If you drink alot of soda I would suggest drinking more water. I didn't really have a recipe for juicing I just went to the store and bought Slim Fast so it would fill me up and then I drank nothing but water, cranberry juice (this has many benefits) research that and I also bought chicken and beef broth and drank that for 2 days.
I felt so good after the first day that I decided to do it a second day.

Good luck to you

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice everyone. It is definitely something that I wont rush into to. I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now. I don’t drink soda at all. I don’t really like it. I drink a lot of water and juice.

My aunt gave this recipe that she received from her homeopathic physician so Im sure it cant be that bad right? Dr. Gail instructed that it be done once a day for seven days. I aunt said she had no difficulties. The stones came out in her stools. She just went about her normal day. I think I will give it a try. After all, I had eaten worse things than beets, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. I will post results.
)

If anyone is interested:

Liver/Gallbladder Cleanse

Eat ½ cup per day for 7 days.

Buy fresh, raw, organic beets. (Grate about 1 to 2 cups worth to start)

Pour olive oil (cold pressed, virgin) onto beet mixture (at least 1/8 cup)

Add 2 to 3 cloves of fresh, crushed garlic, and the juice of 1 to 2 squeezed lemons.

That’s it!

top topics

join