It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Attacker 'Home Grown'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
According to BBC Newsnight tonight the investigation is concentrating on home-grown domestic terrorists. Not Al Quida

They think it was a small group/lone bomber (all bombs placed on trains @ King's Cross). Bomber(s) are either UK-born or have spent time here. All just 'unamed sources' but Newsnight is usually very good on defence issues.

c.20 mins into the latest 'programme' (not sure how long this link lasts)

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What abou the radical islamic group that has claimed responsibility? im sure the group has a cell in england.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Even if they were UK naturalized or native-born citizens, they were of a radical Islamic persuasion.

The problem is these people don't join the "melting pot" and even sometimes become more radicalized than the middle easterners.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
i would say that without a doubt that the bombers were from the u.k.
i think that given the high numbers of 'illegals' in the u.k. weather or not they are known to the security services is a different matter altogether.
put that together with them also being very radical, then you have a no-win situation.
these scum dont care if they are caught on cctv getting on or off a bus or train, for them its all part and parcel of the job.
I HATE THESE SCUM , WHAT THEY STAND FOR AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS OR PROTECTS THEM!!
I personally think it was quiet a poorly put together operation, anyone living in London who knows the public transport system, could tell you why and how much more carnage could have been caused (for obvious reasons i wont say).
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHIES GO OUT TO THOSE WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES,

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That Islamic Group that issued the statement didn't actually claim any responsibility. It just praised the attacks, refferring to a third party "mujahadeen group"...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hmm an old source but archives.econ.utah.edu... describes how the US made a deal with "The People's Mujahedeen".

Any relation?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Even if they were UK naturalized or native-born citizens, they were of a radical Islamic persuasion.

The problem is these people don't join the "melting pot" and even sometimes become more radicalized than the middle easterners.

Yep.

There are plenty of muslims in the UK, so no doubt the more radical sects have their followers as well. Remember all, radical muslims are the minority, not the majority, but all it takes is one whacko to draw attention (and hatred)...... This is probably a long entrenched cell who never really did anything before....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't think this was a poor operation at all, yes surely there could have been more carnage, but every human soul is precious.
700 people injured thats a large number of people being injured, and the death toll is round 60.

What I can tell you about these fundamentalist (since I am a Muslim), is that they're brainwashed into carrying out these acts thinking that they're doing it for God.
The typical extremist could be someone who is not doing very well in life or he's not happy with his life, and is emotionally scarred.
He is a gullible individual, who you can present easily talk into doing something like that.

For example if I present to you an essay why you should do so and so, and I write half-truths, and some hard truths, and mix it up with lies.
You being a smart individual I presume, would pick up on that, you would analyse everything thats being said, absorb the truths and reject the false.
A healthy mind usually does that, but an unhealthy mind, is a mind that absorbs everything that is said to him.

Sometimes it could be because he is getting it from a source he deems reliable, since these people follow their spiritual leaders blindly, hardly questioning.

I want to say that I completely condemn these attacks, and I hope you and your loved ones are safe.
These isn't something that is sanctioned by Islam, although if you interpret the text the way you like, then you can justify anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin_hal
I don't think this was a poor operation at all, yes surely there could have been more carnage, but every human soul is precious.
700 people injured thats a large number of people being injured, and the death toll is round 60.

dont get me wrong 1 life is too many
but for anyone that knows the underground system or London in general that casualties and or deathS could have been much worse!!
London and even the U.K have been expecting this for a while but there are certain security features that have been very lapse over the last yr, this along with other things such as timings and placement , movement and size of the devices are why i say ''it was a poorly put together operation''
When you say that they are brainwashed i will agree to a certain extent but these scum do put themselves in the hands of the 'brainwashers' of their own free will.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thats why its more dangerous now, the cell is a home grown domestic group who could attack again. These cells are hard to inflitrate because the lack of knowledge about them. MI5 need to start inflitrating cells, just like what they did to the IRA

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 9-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I agree, spymaster - this could have been much, much worse.

Even the use of semtex, let alone a more sophisticated plan, would have made the entire thing infinitely worse in terms of sheer body count.

Was it simply a "warning shot"?

A misguided attempt by a group other than the Usual Suspects?

A deliberate "cover" for something worse to come?

The only thing I'd counter is the "free will" thing. Yes, of course, they choose to join such groups....but if you're brainwashed/otherwise convinced that A, B and Z are true, and that you only ever have one real option to fight a perceived threat....is that really free will?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This group could be behind it

Al-Muhajiroun UK Islamic extremist group

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.ict.org.il...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

as posted by CTID56092
According to BBC Newsnight tonight the investigation is concentrating on home-grown domestic terrorists. Not Al Quida.

I ran across this old past article; maybe it has some bearing to what you have mentioned that I have quoted above? Interesting? I wonder if these men joined Al-Muhajiroun or some like type UK-based terrorist group?

LONDON - Four British men who spent up to three years in U.S. custody at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and then were held by British police for a day were released Wednesday night without charge.

The men — Moazzam Begg, Feroz Abbasi, Martin Mubanga and Richard Belmar — were returned Tuesday to Britain and arrested under the Terrorism Act.

Metropolitan police questioned the four most of the day Wednesday but announced in the evening that no charges would be filed.

Police free four British Guantanamo detainees: Months of negotiation led to release by U.S.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I ran across this old past article; maybe it has some bearing to what you have mentioned that I have quoted above? Interesting? I wonder if these men joined Al-Muhajiroun or some like type UK-based terrorist group?

These men would have been extremely watched to make sure that they dont join any group, MI5 wouldnt let them go out of their sight

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Tinkleflower, I think you made an excellent point.
spymaster, I agree with what you say also to an extent.
But I pointed out that these people are brainwashed, and being brainwashed you don't really have free-will.
You said that they allow themselves to be brainwashed, I don't think you understand how blindly some people listen to these spiritual leaders.

There are alot of gullible people out there, I'm not surprised that these terrorist organisations found enough gullible people to brainwash.
These are small groups of people, they are doing most harm to the Islamic religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Colin_hal, i fully appreciate that some (not all ) have been brainwashed but i do genuinly think that if i put myself knowingly 'in' with a groups of extremists then for that split second i KNEW what i was doing.
for that split second i had the same ideology as they did, now if they seek to make more hatred from that then i suppose thats where the brainwashing comes in...
BUT....
We cannot and will not allow ourselves to feel 'sorry' for those scum who have done this, and say '''arh they were good people but they got in with the wrong crowd and were brainwashed'' (as im sure some of the ''leftie-do-gooders will say)
this is scum and we will not allow them to get away with it!!

Tinkleflower: i also (very sad to say) agree i think this is just the start.
Infinite: again i agree with you , as i think that the 4 would have been watched.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
``

whether 'they' are home grown or immigrants, really doesn't matter.

The group or cell, is inspired that their very first planned operation
executed & maimed many innocent civilians...and they are still on the loose.
Even with the mishap with the bus instead of the original underground target,
where their bomber still escaped, so it may be a 'sign' to them to go forward...

'they' might just be emboldened by their victory,
and might even have the soon to start British Open Golf Tournament
on their agenda. ~July11th thru 17th~

(yo, don't get all Echelon or Carnivore on me, NSA & CounterTerrorism Units;
...i'm not one the bad guys !)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
According to BBC Newsnight tonight the investigation is concentrating on home-grown domestic terrorists. Not Al Quida

They think it was a small group/lone bomber (all bombs placed on trains @ King's Cross).
Bomber(s) are either UK-born or have spent time here.

at 21:15 hrs. EDT,
i read this article (dated 9 July 2005) regarding the London Bombers & the 4.5 kg explosives-

young, 20ish, well educated, British Asians, Muslim extremists...

www.dailystar.com.lb...

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone realise the muslims had nothing to do with it
It was all the work of Militery Intelligence
Bringing us all to heel

[edit on 9-7-2005 by dh]

[edit on 9-7-2005 by dh]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>