It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"9/11-style Attack on the US Likely"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The London-based World Markets Research Center ranked Colombia, Israel, Pakistan, the United States and the Philippines, in descending order, as the five countries most likely to be targeted in a terrorist attack in the next 12 months, Guy Dunn, author of the company's World Terrorism Index, said in a telephone interview.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20030817/ap_on_re_eu/britain_world_terrorism

And public unease is notched up a bit more.
Y'know, it really makes me wonder if a report like this doesn't plant seeds of panic in the public's mind and give whatever group behind all this terrorism stuff (gov't or not) a ripe breeding ground for the propogation of terror.

-B.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"What changed with 9-11 was that the threat was internationalized. .... All countries were at some risk. In essence terrorism has become a key risk to business. Companies have to take a much more specific interest in terrorism," Dunn said.

Well, as a certain recent ATS visitor was adamant about, keep an eye on the money.

Regardless of the ideological spoutings that are often pinned to terrorism, 99% of the time, it all boils down to finances.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Y'know, it really makes me wonder if a report like this doesn't plant seeds of panic in the public's mind and give whatever group behind all this terrorism stuff (gov't or not) a ripe breeding ground for the propogation of terror.

Reports like this can also be used in the future to prove advanced knowledge of attacks. Save it!

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you do your research you'll see that over the past 5 years the most successful and major al-Qaeda operations have occurred during Aug-Nov. (ex. 9/11, USS Cole, Limburger, Mombassa, East Africa) So if I had to guess, I would expect an attack against us over the next month or two...

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
If you do your research you'll see that over the past 5 years the most successful and major al-Qaeda operations have occurred during Aug-Nov. (ex. 9/11, USS Cole, Limburger, Mombassa, East Africa) So if I had to guess, I would expect an attack against us over the next month or two...

I would agree... got to wonder if there is something scheduled for the 911 anniversary?

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

I would agree... got to wonder if there is something scheduled for the 911 anniversary?

I don't think so.
That's when everyone would be expecting it. Security would be tightest around that time, so it'd be more difficult.
It'll happen when we're not expecting it. Probably some random Wednesday nowhere near a holiday.

-B.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The massive purchasing of put options in United and American airlines two days before the attacks, plus Andrew Silverstein taking out his billions in insurances on the WTC before the attacks, shows this type of activity id a very accurate prediction of when terrorism will take place. Watch the money.

So, if there is anyone on here who is financially savvy, or has insides to banking, insurance, or stocks in specific comapnies, watch the amrkets, watch whats happening. Any sudden unexplained spike in activity needs to be focused on. If its a company, look hwere that company is based, or what industry its in, or where its factories are located. If its insurance, look who they cover. if its an airline, dont fly anywhere!

one interesting point: the choice of airlines used in 9/11 attacks, just two ar=irline companies: United and American. Very peculiar choice of airlines...... and only those two. After 9/11, how much were we bombarded with the whole "America United" Americans United" terrorism "United America" ect. Bush had pounded that point home. Some sort of preedictive symbolism used purposely for later propoganda wars?

Dunno, but America United is not a good thing, and besides, i dont feel anymore love or Unity from my fellow citizen after the attacks then before, if anything Ive felt more smug, disassioative hatred, insults, and alienation from my fellow American after the attacks.

Its almost like i no longer belong in my own homeland.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Those reprts led me to wonder why the UK(being a US supporter, and the nearest to the Islamic countries) is not under the US(4) or above, in "most likely to have a terrorist attack"? The UK has every thing to worry about because unlike the USA it is not portected by it's oceans.
This report also should give a hint to the Homeland security boys and start trying to prevent another 9/11 from happening. It's unlikely, we gave Terrorist ideas and showed them how we are vulnerable by our energy status. What should we do?

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
does anyone have a link to the report itself because i tried to use the link yahoo provides but it doesn't work!

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Skadi

Good analysis as always.

Guys

If you're keeping an eye on the money.....

As Toltec suggested in his inappropriate, objective, unemotive, matter-of-fact posts in the mudslinging topic initiated by kukla on the power outages...

If you were keeping your eye on the money trail in that whole fiasco, who benefited, and how would the outage best be explained to a gullible public, and what really happened, and was this the 'IN THE DARK' component of Whispers?

As we saw, it is easy to 'anticipate' things happening somewhere in the world.

The best advice from 'Whispers' was (IMHO), keep an eye on where people are. Remember that you are being subjected to the greatest hoax and swindle in US history. If you know it, never forget it. If you don't know it, you are (perhaps) beyond redemption.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The best advice from 'Whispers' was (IMHO), keep an eye on where people are. Remember that you are being subjected to the greatest hoax and swindle in US history. If you know it, never forget it. If you don't know it, you are (perhaps) beyond redemption.

Its good advice, maintain awareness. And yes, it takes work and it takes time. If you find something significant, POST IT. Just post the evidence to back it up.

Whispers also mentioned that this website was important, because we have been noticed. I hope now that the lights are back on people don't go back to being mesmerized by the "ballgame"....

Who has the football now?

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, MA.............WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE?

9/11: Bush in Florida. Cheny in Washington, but well protected, wouldnt do if ALL leaders were gone. Phone calls to friends warning against air travel, Ashcroft stops taking commercial airliners. Hmmmm.

Now they are trying to eject Powell from the scene. Bush In california, Cheney wyoming (or NORAD, ad someone mention possibly?) Tony blair on vacation for three weeks. Where is daddy Bush? And where is the money going?

I still look at stock market a little, looking at companies. No spikes, though I havent studied recent stock market and money flows. Electic companies.i think Ill look in the papers before the crash and check out stocks there.

I am no market whiz. But heres a site that offers free stockmarket tracking software. Dunno the details, it looks ok.

www.window95.com...

I think it offers software for whatever system youre running on your comp.

Just remeber, dont just look at US stock market, look at the stock markets globally. Things might not always be taking place here.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
does anyone have a link to the report itself because i tried to use the link yahoo provides but it doesn't work!

The report won't be published until tomorrow.
www.worldmarketsanalysis.com...
Hopefully it'll be published somewhere, because I'm not paying $1500 for a copy!!!

Maybe that's some $$ we should be watching....

-B.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

its not a matter of if but WHEN, HOW, AND HOW MANY DEAD!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

its not a matter of if but WHEN, HOW, AND HOW MANY DEAD!

Your statement may be true but it's one of those things I don't hope for....

join