It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Org: Scientology's Secret Navy!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Their official website already says that there is a Sea Organization.

www.scientology.org

"What is the Sea Organization?

The Sea Organization or Sea Org is a religious order for the Scientology religion and is composed of the most dedicated Scientologists in the world—individuals who have dedicated their lives to the service of their religion.

The Sea Organization is a fraternal religious order and is not incorporated or otherwise organized as a legal entity. Members of the Sea Org therefore are wholly responsible to the church of Scientology for which they work and are subject, as are all other employees of that church, to the orders and directions of its board of directors.

The Sea Org was established in 1967 and once operated from a number of ships. It was set up to help L. Ron Hubbard with research of earlier civilizations and supervise Church organizations around the world. The first Sea Org members formulated a one-billion-year pledge to symbolize their commitment to the religion as immortal spiritual beings. It is signed by all members today. The Sea Organization is also entrusted to minister the advanced services of Scientology.

The Sea Organization retains its name in celebration of the fact that Mr. Hubbard’s life was frequently connected to the sea. Although today the majority of Sea Organization members are based on land, in keeping with the tradition of the order’s inception, they still wear maritime-style uniforms and have ranks and ratings.

Sea Org members work long hours and live communally with housing, meals, uniforms, medical and dental care provided by the Church. They participate in Scientology training and auditing during a portion of each day, but otherwise dedicate themselves to furthering the objectives of Scientology through their particular functions.

Today, more than 5,000 members of this religious order occupy staff positions in upper level Scientology church organizations around the world. "

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Their official website already says that there is a Sea Organization.

www.scientology.org

"What is the Sea Organization?

The Sea Organization or Sea Org is a religious order for the Scientology religion and is composed of the most dedicated Scientologists in the world—individuals who have dedicated their lives to the service of their religion.

The Sea Organization is a fraternal religious order and is not incorporated or otherwise organized as a legal entity. Members of the Sea Org therefore are wholly responsible to the church of Scientology for which they work and are subject, as are all other employees of that church, to the orders and directions of its board of directors.

The Sea Org was established in 1967 and once operated from a number of ships. It was set up to help L. Ron Hubbard with research of earlier civilizations and supervise Church organizations around the world. The first Sea Org members formulated a one-billion-year pledge to symbolize their commitment to the religion as immortal spiritual beings. It is signed by all members today. The Sea Organization is also entrusted to minister the advanced services of Scientology.

The Sea Organization retains its name in celebration of the fact that Mr. Hubbard’s life was frequently connected to the sea. Although today the majority of Sea Organization members are based on land, in keeping with the tradition of the order’s inception, they still wear maritime-style uniforms and have ranks and ratings.

Sea Org members work long hours and live communally with housing, meals, uniforms, medical and dental care provided by the Church. They participate in Scientology training and auditing during a portion of each day, but otherwise dedicate themselves to furthering the objectives of Scientology through their particular functions.

Today, more than 5,000 members of this religious order occupy staff positions in upper level Scientology church organizations around the world. "

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Majestic12]

so where is this secret navy they keep talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
That is the "secret" navy.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
lol its not really very secret lol

i mean....we are talking about it and most of us have nothing to do with it

i wanna clarify something from what i said earlier too

If the scientologists have stopped their illegal activitys ,
i will give them much more credit

that means they turned a new leaf; and if they really did; i highly respect them for that
as long as the follow the law and respect other peoples right to resist them; than there really isnt anything wrong with them *anymore*
for the most part

but ya lol sea org isnt secret
and its not really a navy either
according to what a few people pointed out; they only have 1 ship

thats not a navy lol its more like a religious cruise liner

and i doubt they have Any weapons
anyone know if they have weapons??

*Shiny swords r cool but im talking about machine guns and missles*

hey and if u are curious about scientology just got pick up a few of their books from the local library
if u can actually read all the way thru them; ill give you all my abovetopsecret awards lol

it isnt easy ; the books are huge

they may not make much sense*2me*, but its worth a read because u will definatly learn alot about their organization and how it operates

u Must start with Dianetics; its where it all started i think
theres alot of other follow up books 2

www.amazon.com...

u can find ANYTHING u need to know about them by reading any one of the books on this amazon search i just did

theres More than enough stuff here

plus its cheaper to check out their books first lol
before u go sell ur soul for a billion years and pay them 2500$

the books only cost 15$ and u can also get them at ur local library for free

librarys rock

edit :: My bad , Amazons selling the books for 8$ rock on

[edit on 12-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I've read parts of it and it's an interesting book. The writing style is a bit grand on the side of negativity and sensationalism, but it probably sold more copies because of it.

Actually he was barely able to publish it because of harassment by the Church of Scientology. However, they took him to court in the UK and lost, and was finally allowed to publish the book.

In no way is this an unbiased bio of L. Ron Hubbard.

It's probably the only unbiased view of Hubbard; it's very well researched and written by a journalist. If you go to this site to read it:

www.clambake.org...

... they also have links to the actual transcripts of the interviews that were used for the book as well as other background information.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I always thought unbiased was defined as being without prejudice or being impartial.

Read the "Clambake" web pages and read the "Bare-Faced Messiah".
If you honestly believe that either of these are unbiased you should never serve on a jury or ever sit in judgement of another man.

I'm not making any claims that Scientology's web sights are any less biased.
One shows only the bad, the other only the good.

I've always thought ATS was a forum for discovery, and for people seeking the truth by sharing information. If you totally disreguard one point of view you are only seeing one side of the story. Sure its fair to argue against the points you disagree with but this thread dipped to a new low around page 4 and posts like the one Nine Inch Nails put in was just sad. I hope a moderator was passing by and took appropriate action

The fact that muzzleflash thinks I've been brainwashed is pretty funny but the vote for Way Above was not really a jab, cause no way in Hell could I put a rant like that together.
And I see you've mellowed after your initial post and I think we can exchange information without name calling.

Without controversy there would be no point in coming to ATS and I hope I've presented only the truth in my posts, based on my own observations of actually being there and not just reading a book like Dianetics.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I always thought unbiased was defined as being without prejudice or being impartial.

Yes. Can you show me anything in Bare-Faced Messiah that is not factual or where the author has twisted facts to fit an "agenda"? If you can, I'll admit that it's biased.

Read the "Clambake" web pages and read the "Bare-Faced Messiah".
If you honestly believe that either of these are unbiased you should never serve on a jury or ever sit in judgement of another man.

The "Clambake" web site is clearly biased. The book "Bare-Faced Messiah" is not. Other than providing a free copy of the book, what association is there between the two?

I'm not making any claims that Scientology's web sights are any less biased.
One shows only the bad, the other only the good.

That's not true. One is based in fact (research, interviews, etc) and does show the good and the bad, while the other is pure fantasy.

I've always thought ATS was a forum for discovery, and for people seeking the truth by sharing information. If you totally disreguard one point of view you are only seeing one side of the story.

I've never discouraged anyone from looking at the official Scientology pages. It's already been suggested, so I assumed that it was a given that people had that information.

Sure its fair to argue against the points you disagree with but this thread dipped to a new low around page 4 and posts like the one Nine Inch Nails put in was just sad. I hope a moderator was passing by and took appropriate action

Actually in my original post, I was suggesting that we should be tolerant of peoples beliefs, including a belief in Scientology - this was a response to the "rant" a few posts above, which I thought was out of line.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by JustMe74]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
come on...seriously why in the world would they have a secret navy or army and where the hell would they hide to remain secret? the ocean is big but not THAT big

They're not secret and hidden. Their movements are generally well known. For a while, whiel hubbard was 'super admiral' or whoknowswhat, they'd make port in some city, rumours would circulate that they were an insane cult, then they'd pull anchor and move to another one in another country. Its not a warfleet, its a collection of pleasure boats, with the staff dressing and acting like paramilitaries.

Anxietydisorder:
Indeed, clambake is very critical of scientology, I don't think one can say its unbiased. I haven't seen anyone show that its factually inaccurate on the matters it presents as facts either tho.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
in the end guys its impossible to be 100% unbias

we can get close tho

i wish i had my own personal 'navy' lol

hubbard knew how 2 have fun

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ron Hubbard loved everything nautical, so it only makes sense why he would establish a ocean research organization.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ron Hubbard loved everything nautical, so it only makes sense why he would establish a ocean research organization.

Yes, he did. But I would hardly call SEA ORG an ocean research group.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Why not. That's the Sea Orgs' purpose: reserach.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Why not. That's the Sea Orgs' purpose: reserach.

Since when? There is no 'research' in scientology, its not a science, its a religion.

Ron Hubbard loved everything nautical, so it only makes sense why he would establish a ocean research organization

I thought you were denying the very existance of the group? Its preposterous to suggest that the Sea Org is an oceanography institution.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The church of Scientology? Ha, they call it a church. Now I read they have a secret organization? Wouldnt suprise me for anything, the world always has something to learn about.

I would say something is more to the story then what is being shown.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I intended my previous posts about the Sea Organization to be in jest. I never really WAS denying the existance of the group

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join