It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Behind London Explosions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Home grown islamic terrorists with the support of Al Qaeda, thats who's behind it

this is pretty much what i figure, but i had another theory: what if it's the IRA and they're framing Al Qaeda as a way to still "Get England" one last time, but continue the peace process?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666

this is pretty much what i figure, but i had another theory: what if it's the IRA and they're framing Al Qaeda as a way to still "Get England" one last time, but continue the peace process?

That doesn't seem like it to me. I don't belive that the IRA would want to bomb the mainland anylonger, even if it was them them they would be found out in a flash due to the extencive intelligance network the uk still has inside Ireland. if there are any links with the IRA on this one they will be found out in next to no time.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666

Sinn Fien(sp) would not let the IRA attack the UK because Blair would hunt down every IRA and have them killed and throw Sinne Fienn out the N.Ireland assembly.

IRA are not cowards, they give warnings to their attacks because they dont want to kill everyone in sight.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This is pretty much what I figure, but I had another theory: what if it's the IRA and they're framing Al Qaeda as a way to still "Get England" one last time, but continue the peace process?

Hmm I also do not think this has any marks of the IRA on it, but I think your theory is something that would have also crossed the mind of those investigating this,

IRA also I believe would not have picked the targets that were hit yesterday, they know the UK better and no what would really halt the city. I don’t believe the targets yesterday achieved that in some respects,

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
asala, the IRA would have picked government targets not civilian targets. The IRA likes to think its a army, so it picks government and military targets.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

asala, the IRA would have picked government targets not civilian targets. The IRA likes to think its a army, so it picks government and military targets.

That's not true. The IRA, as far as I am aware, has nearly always attacked civilian targets on the Bristish mainland. It bombed pubs in Birmingham and London, it blew up the hotel were the Conservative party were staying, and it's last 2 major strikes were offices in Manchester and Canary Warf (london). This is to name just a few, but the attacks on military targets have been few and far between, at least on the mainland.

If it is Irish terrorists then it won't be the IRA but a splinter group called the "Real IRA", but there is only meant to be about 5 of them left and they would have claimed responsibilty by now.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For the latest update on who blew up the buses and undergound go to the threads below.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lightseeker

[edit on 7/8/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Irish terrorists would have come forward and given warnings, the government knows who done it, during all the conferences that have been held, Britishs people have been told not to blame muslims. Blair spoke about Islamic terrorists when he returned to london yesterday.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
here's an interesting find ...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Irish terrorists would have come forward and given warnings, the government knows who done it, during all the conferences that have been held, Britishs people have been told not to blame muslims. Blair spoke about Islamic terrorists when he returned to london yesterday.

You know what? Aznar (the former Prime Minister of Spain) did the same thing last year after the Madrid bombings - first prematurely blamed the ETA (generally assumed given the volatile history between Spain and the Basque separatists) before he could get all the facts pointing to al Qaeda later on. Heck, Blair followed Aznar's approach when Blair was first told about the London attacks before the authorities in London get the claims of responsibility somehow.

Did Blair knew something in advance or was he just assuming that it would be al Qaeda attack anyway?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Did Blair knew something in advance or was he just assuming that it would be al Qaeda attack anyway?

Again its not Al Qaeda, its a unkown group who is claiming links to Al Qaeda, Blair knew nothing, you could see the shock in his face when he was speaking yesterday.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nowadays every Muslim with an AK or bomb pack is Al Quaida. Let's forget about all the other hard core groups out there that have better equipment, better training, and better connections. HAMAS has the funding to pull of what happened in London, the manpower, the equipment, and the forgery capability.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
See i f**kin knew it!!! damn fundermentalists!!

birmingham with 3 bombs now ..,. where next????

.peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
JUST IN - 3 arrests have been made at Heathrow airport under the prevention of terrorism act. Police conference live on Sky TV.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyc
JUST IN - 3 arrests have been made at Heathrow airport under the prevention of terrorism act. Police conference live on Sky TV.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by tommyc]

Just to back up what my fellow man tommyc has said,

3 arrests have been made, but will not link it to the attacks on thursday

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this virus alert, of an email claiming to be a video of the London bombings is a trojan.

While I realize many are fully aware of email dangers, I am also aware of the vast numbers that are not.

Story: Virus exploits London Tube bombs

Misfit

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Front page news of The Times, claims one person was responsible for building all four bombs and used ex-military explosives.

Check the site later on today.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
British Muslim Cleric warned of terrorist attacks in London in 2004!

Muslim cleric says attack on UK inevitable
Article publié le Mardi 20 avril 2004.

The Big Ben, in London, is one of the possible places where the terrorists could strike.
Several Islamic militant groups are preparing attacks on London, making such a strike unavoidable, a radical Muslim cleric said in an interview.

“It’s inevitable. Because several attacks are being prepared by several groups,” Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad told Lisbon’s Publica magazine from London where he is based.

One “very well organised” group in London calling itself al Qaeda Europe “has a great appeal for young Muslims”, he said. “I know that they are ready to launch a big operation.”

The firebrand cleric, who has outraged moderate Muslims and non-Muslims alike with his uncompromising views, gave no further details. Asked if a British Muslim was allowed to carry out a “terrorist attempt” in a foreign country, Muhammad said : “That is another story.”

He added: “We don’t make a distinction between civilians and non-civilians, innocents and non-innocents. Only between Muslims and unbelievers. And the life of an unbeliever has no value. It has no sanctity.”

Read more: Source

Guess most of London's "unbelievers" didn't heed the warning.

[edit on 7/11/2005 by the_oleneo]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join