It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and Iraq signing a military deal.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I came across this article on Al Jazeera regarding Iran agreeing to help train Iraqi forces.

english.aljazeera.net...

Seems to me houston, we have a problem in diplomacy. Looks like going to war in Iran is going to be out of the question.

This is disasterous for the Bush admin and its time that a new tact on Iraq be put into place.

Win the hearts, not the war.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I didnt see it, but in light of recent events, Im sure the Bush admin is up to its eyballs in OMG>

To those who say dont look around and be a community eye against terrorisim, let London be a sobering experience that it can happen anywhere. This time it wasnt the IRA, it was some other blind sighted cold blooded killers.

Where are we going to go to fight this one? When is our Government going to understand this is a no win. We are creating generations of unrest, soon to be generations of allie. Our situation in the middle east will be unmanagable in short trying to fight a door to door war with tanks and aircraft.

Wake Up Blair. Wake Up Bush.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is a pretty big piece of news,
especially since it isnt being reported.
Especially since the latest President to be elected is thought to be the old hostage taker kinda of guy

Why on Earth are Iran siding with Iraq?

I thnk Bush and Co will be sittign back gonig jesus, we never expected taht to happen!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Think this may have already been covered.

Try here for the thread.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here for the News item relating to it.....

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder

Why on Earth are Iran siding with Iraq?

I thnk Bush and Co will be sittign back gonig jesus, we never expected taht to happen!

A big part of the the middle east wars are for the US/UK to divide the middle east and essentially redraw it's borders, even if only figuratively. It's to protect Isreal and to control the power of energy in staying in favor with America as it becomes more precious. depending on who's side your on, oil is either going to be more expensive or more vaulable.

Iran didn't hate Iraq, it hated Saddam. The people which make up countries are only the pawns.

Now Iran is making a move to align with Iraq now that it has a similar government in ideology to it's own. A strong alliance between these two countries can fail America's attempt to have the Middle East and would certainly create the dreaded WW3 as it would eventually draw in China and Russia, Japan, Australia and other parts of Europe and Asia.

It was said before the Iraq election that the likely result would be Sistani and a move towards an aliance with Iran would be possible. Looks like it could be happening.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hmmm, is it just me or is this major news perfectly timed with the London 'Terrorist' bombing?
Maybe this is why it's not in the news, there's a bigger distraction going on in London?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is shaking news in terms of the Bush admin especially considering our endevour and the shedding of our own boys blood for their freedom.

Then, to be slapped in the face by what many here had speculated would happen. That Iran and Iraq would and may come together in a common bond. After all, arent we training their forces?

Doesnt this kind of put a krink in terms of strong arming Iran? I think so.

Reminds me of High School. The allie thing has gotten to the point where you cant pick and choose your allies allies.

Looks like we will have to use a little diplomacy after all.

Peace

[edit on 8-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Doesnt this kind of put a krink in terms of strong arming Iran? I think so.

Well, maybe the London bombings have more purpose than initially suspected?
A war with Iran was not going to be easy for America and the UK were not going to go along with it either after Iraq.

I think if we see another bombing in the next couple of weeks, it will be in France or Rome, possibly Australia.

Someone is trying to build an alliance for a major war and the Iraq/Iran alliance may be the reason why? Should it just be a coincidence that they were perfectly timed, G8 was now refocused on Terrorism and headlines left no room for anything but Al Quada finger pointing.

The reaction to the London bombing is exactly the same to 9/11, the media are trying to convince us that we haven't learnt anything and that we still must FIGHT back. We tried that in Iraq and it didn't work, obviously Terrorism has increased and it's streached further than the middle east if this attack is truely by Terrorists. We are now chasing our tail unless this London bombing was really to stir up Patriotism, deny the Save Africa headlines and replace them with Terrorist Attack! and remind us that we will continue to fight back harder!!

This is total baiting for turning normal people into desiring war.

top topics

join