It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Undergroun and the Terror Attacks In London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There's a thread on Democratic Underground that is really disappointing. The hatred for Bush and Blair has clouded many's ability to feel any sympathy for the victims of this attack. Some posters even went so far as to comment that the people killed and injured deserved their fate for electing Tony Blair. I have to commend Botany, though:

No politics ..... no rants ..... just sad

Blessings and prayers on the victims, families, friends, and our
English friends.

That said, many of the posters there have shown a lot of class addressing this issue, but many have not. Below is the link to the thread. Any thoughts or defenses on this DU thread? I have to say, I'm usually pretty annoyed with some of the conversations that take place there, but this one has really made me reassess some of the people on there.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
An idle reader would take your "reporting" on the key words your kind bounces about so flippantly ( hate, blinded, clouded ) and think this thread @ DU was Freeper-ish in content. It was not. To your credit, you did try and yo-yo back to even handedness, but the digs were dug, weren't they?

Domestic terror should be divorced from a direct tie to the "Leaders" kicking the hornets nest because WHY, again?
Funny, but I think the G8 Summitt will now have a completely different tone than ending world poverty, debt, famine & AIDS, don't you?
Timing is everything.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I actually went to lunch right after posting this thread, and was thinking about it on my way there and realized I was doing about the same thing with this. I forgot about it until you brought it back up, 'Bout.

Could a mod delete this thread? It was really a poor idea and in poor taste considering the tragedy that has just happened.

Bout Time, you are right, and I appologize.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Look, we have to put ourselves in the mindset of field commanders & triage doctors - there's no crassness in discussing the tactics, underlying currents, shadow rational or horror of what's being visted upon people in this day & age.
We have to - the genteel civility is one of many things that will be used against you.

Ask yourself why our "Leaders" are being called out - do you really think people "hate" them more than they love their own saftey &that of their famalies?
Is the ire because these "Leaders" are making things less safe?
I have a TV in my office - our domestic propaganda apperatus of this government ( mainstream media ) paraded out talking heads & experts about how we "let ourselves get lax" or how we "took our eye off the ball & now must re-double our security". Too F***ing convenient, no?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anytime something like this occurs, one must ask, who stands to gain? Let's speculate..

The Bush administration is getting hammered from all sides. To make things worse, there's the Downing Street Memo that won't go away and a possible indictment coming against Rove. It is not out of the question to suppose this could have been a Rumsfeldian diversionary action. Think that suggestion is too out there? Read this:

According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld by his Defense Science Board, the new organization--the "Proactive, Preemptive Operations Group (P2OG)"--would actually carry out secret missions designed to provoke terrorist groups into committing violent acts. The P2OG, a 100-member, so-called "counter-terrorist" organization with a $100-million-a-year budget, would ostensibly target "terrorist leaders," but according to P2OG documents procured by Arkin, would in fact carry out missions designed to "stimulate reactions" among "terrorist groups"--which, according to the Defense Secretary's logic, would subsequently expose them to "counter-attack" by the good guys. In other words, the plan is to execute secret military operations (assassinations, sabotage, "deception") which would intentionally result in terrorist attacks on innocent people, including Americans--essentially, to "combat terrorism" by causing it!
globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
@ECK

1st of all the "Downing Street Memo" most likely is fake, and even if you take it at face value, it still means nothing.

Wishing for an indictment against Rove, Bush or any Republican won't make it happen.

So stop wishing.

I wish we could catch the terrorists that planned or carried out this attack and stick them in a pit with a bunch of pigs and slit their throats 1 by 1. That is how "Blackjack" Pershing solved the Muslim problem in the Phillipines many years ago. Throw 50 into a pit with pigs, kill 48 and let 2 go. That problem was solved in no time.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
@ECK

1st of all the "Downing Street Memo" most likely is fake, and even if you take it at face value, it still means nothing.

That statement is laughable. Please cite a source or three for your contention.

Wishing for an indictment against Rove, Bush or any Republican won't make it happen.

Guess what, I could care less if it happens here or in the next world. According to the scriptures in the Bible I have every reason to believe God's got a special place in hell for the likes of BushCo.

I wish we could catch the terrorists that planned or carried out this attack and stick them in a pit with a bunch of pigs and slit their throats 1 by 1.

Be careful of what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ECK: God also forgives all transgressions if you ask, and He will make known to you sins you have committed. That includes the terrorists, if the come to Him. I can't tell you how many time's I've prayed that Osama Bin Laden found Christ. What an amazing change this world might undergo.

Bout Time, I suppose you raise an interesting point. First, I stand on my appology, I was condemning one action while, unbeknownst to me at the time, doing exactly the same thing. However, I agree, this shouldn't be deleted. It is a great example of how our ideologies can blind us at times. I was so upset with what I was reading on Kos, and when I went to DU, in a fury I did exactly the same thing. I'm glad this post didn't degenerate to the point theirs did, but that is by no work of my own (guess there's times when PTS's relative low viewership can be a good thing, eh, ECK?)

On another note, a bit along these lines, I listened to a little Michael Savage today because I had to leave work early and couldn't find any coverage of London except there on the radio. I'm thinking I'm not only going to write to him, as you suggested a while back, Bout, but actually try to get my church, or at least my Bible study group, to write him too. His comments made DU sound like a Sesame Street debate.

This thread has opened my eyes to my own potential blindness.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
ECK: God also forgives all transgressions if you ask, and He will make known to you sins you have committed.

Yes, but only if you ask.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
@ECK

The fact that the Downing Street memos are fake are not going to make the "Evening News" but there is alot of evidence out there that is not being reported. The fact that the originals were destroyed, makes the memo questionable.

www.freerepublic.com...

www.newsmax.com...

British reporter Michael Smith, who broke the memo story in the London Times on May 1, revealed to The Associated Press over the weekend that "he protected the identity of the source he had obtained the documents from by typing copies of them on plain paper and destroying the originals."

You will probably ask for better sources, but think about it, if the DSM was real it would be all over the media. Right now only the rabid left-wing haters are ranting about it. The elite media know it is fake, but instead of reporting it they leave it alone.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
From both sides, but, both sides have so much trouble in understanding that they're operating on fear & why the other side is fearful!! ( I wouldn't be naive enough to swear that only two sides exist, but for our purposes, let's look at the major camps of opinion)
The supporters = we have to back Bush's vision of fighting them there, so we don't have to here. These alerts & incidents prove what Bush is doing is working. Why does the left look to hobble him while he's working to make the world safe?

The opposition = we have taken a bad decision & made it worse, with our efforts creating nothing more than ill will, resulting in a defacto terrorist factory, churning out enemies where only moderates stood before. These alerts & incidents prove what Bush is doing is not working, we're so much poorer, we have so many more dead or injured and we are no safer but actually less safe. Why does the right think that unjustified war will = peace!?

Both = we don't want to be blown up on the way to work, we want our nation to be held in esteem as a leader by example not an enforcer, why can't the other side see this?

top topics

join