It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8 and Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Were the protests at Geneagles affected by the London attacks? The police must of got really jumpy and shot anybody near the perimenter fence.

Also the UK soldiers in Iraq must be pretty pised off. I expect they will kill a lot more "terrorists" there this week.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dam right the UK soldiers will get pissed off about this lol.

The good thing and bad thing is that there will be more support for the war on terrorism. Good for Corporate Elites and terrorist groups. Bad for the Joe around the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe, if they get orders to be more firm, but i don't think they will be getting too jumpy with the protesters who are there right now. Now if a wave of middle-easter/Asian protesters show up, bet your ass they would be more firm.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Whats going to happen to the Brisitsh suspects in Guantanamo? I bet they will never be released now. Also the people who were released are probably going to be re-arrested.
And the suspects in Belmarsh prison will probably never see the light of day again.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Also the UK governement will have to take the illegal immagrant issue more seriously. I think too many get in, especially near the Channel Tunnel.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
this is were us brits have the indentity cards coming in i would emigrate if that happened though i dont like everything that i am reduced to a card

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have a question what is the percentage of Muslim in Britain, and are there any polls to show if they are pro or against UBL?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i dont know off hand but thats not the point muslims for the last time have really nothing to do with it! they are getting pretty pissed off with being labeled as terrorists

and more to the point we should'nt worry about illgal imigrants this is one big world theres room for everybody it does'nt matter what country your in.
I think that any1 who is against imigrants should just look at america and see how well that went. Im sure theres a slight racist undertone in the uk in getting rid of illigals

[edit on 9-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
but in answer to your question WestPoint23

Before the war, the Labour Party controlled all 40 parliamentary seats in districts where Muslims accounted for 10 percent or more of the population, according to the Muslim Council of Britain.
Links

[edit on 9-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No one was shot at Gleneagles. It passed off without the predicted (by some) end of civillisation.

I very much doubt the behaviour of the British troops changed at all in Iraq.
(With few exceptions our professional soldiers not being renouned for 'taking it out' on the civil populace that had nothing to do with the attacks and all.)

IIRC all the British detainees are now freed from Guantanamo.

Illegal immigration through the channel tunnel has been clamped down upon markedly in the past year or so.

Muslim leaders all over the UK lined up one after the other to condemn in the strongest terms these attacks......the victims of which were people of almost all faiths, this is especially obvious to anyone who knows the areas.
When one looks at the locations for the attacks that much should have been obvious (East London has a large Muslim population).
news.bbc.co.uk...

There is no point citing Parliamentary districts where the Muslim population is 10% or more......how does that help people relate to the overall situation?
The UK Muslim population is estimated to be between 1.5 and 2 million (out of a total UK population - inc Scotland and N. Ireland - of approx 60 millions) so = 2.5 - 3% of the UK populace).
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
thanks thats the pointi wanted to prove

I very much doubt the bahaviour of the British troops changed at all in Iraq.

i know a few troops over there i cant see how you can just generalize it over there there are a lot of good people out there

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
i know a few troops over there i cant see how you can just generalize it over there there are a lot of good people out there

- That's what I'm saying.

I thought Godatum was saying they'd be killing more Iraqis just out of some weird idea of revenge.
I know people out there too and I come from a family with a long connection to the British armed forces, Gotatum is very wrong about the British soldiers.
Ireland shows us there can be exceptions but those are far from typical.

top topics

join