It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint Russian and U.S. navy exercises to be held in Vladivostok

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
VLADIVOSTOK — U.S. Navy ships arrived at port here for joint Navy exercises with the Russian Navy's Pacific Fleet, based in this city.

They will also be participating in celebrations for the city's 145th anniversary and U.S. Independence Day on July 4.

The U.S. delegation will hold a meeting with the fleet's commanding officers and the city mayor, and take part in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Pacific Fleet Battle Memorial, dedicated to Russian soldiers and sailors who died in World War II.

The American sailors will also take a tour of the city during their visit and play sports with their Russian counterparts.

The military exercises are scheduled for the end of the trip and will include the USS Curtis Wilber Missile Destroyer and the minesweepers the Patriot and the Guardian. The exercises will focus on communications and navigation.

link

...looks like another confidence building measure.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hhhhmmmm it seems that Russia is pulling an India playing bothsides,
why why why cant we stops the infighting and jocking, we should exploring the stars, that should be our goal.

my heart is heavy but maybe there is hope somewhere

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well as glad as I am to see our men and women in uniform working with a former rival something strikes me as odd. All of the G8 nations (including Russia and the US) just pledged to strike down on the terrorists behind the London bombings. Is it just me or are we potentially looking at an alliance of the most powerful nations on Earth or what? Can anybody say New World Order?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
im very skeptical of any \thing with russia, i mean cmon there president pocketed a ring from some sports player, i really dont trust them especially since there going to hold major military excercise with China.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Does Russia still have a surface fleet? If they do how many do they have and how old are they?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I totally agree, playing both sides. China and the US we know what that will be, who would Russia choose. And their surface fleet is crap WestPoint23, then again SALT 1 and 2 and START didn't go far enough to limit Russian ballistic missile capability, that would make up for their Navy. Just my two cents though.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Baphomet79]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
last i heard they only had 1 Active aircraft carrier, and only a dozen or so active rdy subs

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
64 ready Subs and we wont wast time building Aircraft carriers to counter USA we'll just keep building our Antiship missile to put you in your place hahahahahaha Part 1. www.vialls.com... part 2. www.joevialls.co.uk... part 3. www.vialls.com... and the HORRIFYING part 4. hahahahahaahah www.vialls.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
64 ready Subs and we wont wast time building Aircraft carriers to counter USA we'll just keep building our Antiship missile to put you in your place hahahahahaha Part 1. www.vialls.com... part 2. www.joevialls.co.uk... part 3. www.vialls.com... and the HORRIFYING part 4. hahahahahaahah www.vialls.com...

i swear you ruin every post, During the cold war Russia had between 60-70 rdy subs but when the USSR Fell to pieces " which im sure you dont believe really happend" They were unable to keep all subs in rdy condition so most being dry docked,

Russia has no Idea what they would get themselves into if they sunk a carrier, they think there suffering economicaly now, im guessing by them attacking the richest country in the world isnt going to help that matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA your a TOPGUN movie believer ain't cha Zacy Rus had 139 Active Subs During Cold War.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Whats your point? Russia no longer has that many subs, it doesn't matter how many they had, what matters is how many now. Besides, Russia may have a good anti-ship missile, but that doesn't make up for the lack of aircraft carriers. Sure anti-ship missiles are good at sinking surface ships but they're nearly worthless for sinking subs, shooting down aircraft, and bombarding ground targets. Not to mention anti-ship missiles are one time use. They can't maintain a consistant power in a body of water like a carrier can. Even if you can counter our carriers perfectly (which no missile can) it can't hit ground targets, subs or aircraft. I think a carrier would be a much better investment than just a massive arsenal of anti-ship missiles.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
russia is the second largest military spender in the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You know what they say?, Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Just wait a little longer and you'll see what Rus will do to all U.S. Carriers after the war with Iran begins, Rus now has 64 Subs U.S.A. only 74.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What in the world are you talking about? Theres no way Russia would dare risk a war with the US over a nation like Iran. Especially in the current state of the Russian military, they may be powerful but in no position for WWIII.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Your joking right, only thing Rus need to do is recrut and train 5 Million men which will take no more than 6 months all the hardwar (Missiles,Tanks,Planes Lasers) HAS been built scince the late 90's all othrer official info from Rus General's about Rus's so called "In no shape to wage war" is 10000% DISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
THis reminds me of the Russi-China military exercises last year..
Same objectives..

ITs just a CBM

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
why not... it's beetter that they work together...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
tiger what are you trying to say " Rus now has 64 subs US ONLY has 74" umm that would mean that we have more subs then you, but let me guess you have some website that proves the 1 Russy sub can take on 20 US subs and never be seen, or your going to say russia has a secret under water cavern that is holding an additional 11 subs to close the gap on the US subs,

Well i guess if Russia is that sneaky, Then we will just bring all of our Navy ships that are in reserve, Ive seen someones post on here with a website as proof" i just cant find right now" that if the US took all of there Navy ships in reserve those ships would make up the worlds 3rd largest navy,

And russia is going to Draft or Recruit 5 million men, LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO, Dude cmon China has the largest population in the world and even they cant recruit 5 million men i think there army is at like 2.5-3 mill strong, and Russia has a smaller population then the US, And it costs many to trains and operate a 5 million man army with Gas, Food, ammo,armor,medical aid, Russia fell apart trying to build a huge army, why would they do it again, thats like slamming your head into a brick wall getting knocked out pickin yourself up and slammin your head on a wall again. it doesnt make sense

top topics

<<   2 >>

join