It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round 2. Kenshiro2012 V Ktprktpr: European Demographics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The topic for this debate is "Demographic change will result in fundamental changes for Europe this century"

Kenshiro2012 will be arguing for this proposition and will open the debate.
Ktprktpr will argue against this proposition.

Each debater will have one opening statement each. This will be followed by 3 alternating replies each. There will then be one closing statement each and no rebuttal.

No post will be longer than 800 words and in the case of the closing statement no longer than 500 words. In the event of a debater posting more than the stated word limit then the excess words will be deleted by me from the bottom. Credits or references at the bottom do not count towards the word total.

Editing is Strictly forbidden. This means any editing, for any reason. Any edited posts will be completely deleted.

Excluding both the opening and closing statements only one image may be included in each post. No more than 5 references can be included at the bottom of each post. Opening and closing statements must not contain any images, and must have no more than 3 references.

Responses should be made within 24 hours, if people are late with their replies, they run the risk of forfeiting their reply and possibly the debate.

Judging will be done by an anonymous panel of 13 judges. After each debate is completed it will be locked and the judges will begin making their decision. Results will be posted by me as soon as a majority (7) is reached.

This debate is now open, good luck to both of you.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kenshiro2012 has missed the deadline and forfeits his opening statement. Ktprktpr may proceed.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Incredibly, I'm asked to contend that European will be fundamentally unaffected by demographic change for the next 95 years. After a few moments of fumbling with my jaw on the floor I began to consider the topic in a harsher light:

"Demographic change" is presently undefined. It could mean statistical age changes, racial composition changes or anything, really.

"Fundamental change" is presently undefined. Politicians say stuff like this. What does it mean? No one knows. It's … up for debate.

And the above spans for a whole century.

Since my opponent can not simultaneously argue for an infinite number of positions, for purposes of this debate, I am forced to restrict the scope of these definitions. I will consider demographic change in terms of racial makeup. Fundamental change will be delineated as European regional policy change affecting all demographic groups in reaction to a specific shift in racial demographics.

My primary thrust will be that Europe, in general, is liberal enough satisfy the influx of foreigners such that it will never be forced to institute a massive policy which affects all Europeans in response to demographic change. There are several perspectives which support this view; I will elaborate upon this further during the debate.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Kenshiro2012 has forfeited this Round. Ktprktpr advances to Round 3.

top topics

join