It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution misconceptions.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Answering space cadets question ..which will hopefully also prevent others from asking the same thing for at least a couple of days:

[even though creationist organisations seem to have an endless supply of diseducated followers always at the ready to bombard this forum with lots of copy and paste propoganda in a can so thats probably far too much to hope for..
]:

Originally posted by space cadet
if we started off as little tadpole thingys and morphed into and ape and into man, why are there still apes? Why would only some morhp into man and some stay apes?

Again:

Originally posted by riley
Humans are not decended from chimps or apes.. we share a common ancestor.

This has been said before.. yet still this is the common reaction:

"We wouldn't come from dirty apes!!
".. at which point it usually goes around in circles.

Proof that humans and other primates is in our shared DNA.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crusader of Truth
hate to ruin your parade, but according to DNA tests done on chicken ocular glands, in terms of DNA, we are more closely related to domestic fowl than we are apes.

Are you sure thats not also merely "base dna" like in the case of the bananas? I'd appreciate a scientific source that says we more closely related to chickens genetically than apes. It might help clarify the 'types' of dna issues.

thanks.

I guess he couldn't answer that one after all.

I'm bumping this as the banana/chicken/fly arguments are being rehashed again. I honestly believe this forum is full of creationist agents.. when scientists refer to chimp/human similarities they are NOT talking about base dna. That argument is just deceptive.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Originally posted by zhangmaster
I think that Riley means something in terms of an IQ test for a chimp. It wouldn't be anything like "baseball is to pitcher as feces is to _____" but a test that a 5 year old human might take involving puzzles and object recognition. Of course intelligence is still 'undefined' for the most part, but with an IQ test I guess a chimp would measure out to be around the intelligence of a very young child.

Yes,but IQ tests don't measure intelligence.

For example,each time you do one your have a different IQ each time

[edit on 9-7-2005 by DarkSide]

If you take the same IQ test twice, and receive different scores, I think that you might have a personal problem.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
bumping this in response to this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Heronumber0
As far as DNA similarity, the Creator would not make humans different or strange from the environment around them otherwise they would be unlikely to survive. You made the point about similarity of DNA between chimps and humans but what about the 50-60% homology of fruit fly and banana DNA to humans. Can we then say with certainty that humanity arose from a banana or fruit fly?

DNA homology

This fact in context:

The 50 per cent figure for people and bananas roughly means that half of our genes have counterparts in bananas. For example, both of us have some kind of gene that codes for cell growth, though these aren't necessarily made up of the same DNA sequences.

www.newscientist.com...

Going by this it is likely we share a comparable amount ['50%'.. incidently 'half' as a scientific term is kind of vague] of base dna with many other living things on ther planet.

This also illustrates how the same answersingenisis biased creationist arguments keep being recycled..

[edit on 14-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileyI honestly believe this forum is full of creationist agents..

I just saw "evolutionists say humans come from monkeys" again. This is another thread they can ignore so they can keep wallowing in ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join