It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All My Friends In The UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
To all my friends in the UK, I want to express my heart-felt condolences for the loss you've just endured. I pray that no one here at ATS lost anyone in these attacks which occurred this morning as Londoners were going about their daily routine. Even if you didn’t lose anyone directly, I know how it feels to watch your fellow countrymen and women, innocent civilians, be murdered in such a cowardly, indiscriminate way. My prayers go out to you and your fellow citizens.

Your people handled themselves with dignity and courage, an example others could only hope to emulate in the future. It is remarkable how quickly you were able to react to such a horrendous attack at such an inopportune time, rush hour, while maintaining order. The filthy cowards wanted to create fear and panic right as you were commuting to work, but their plans failed. America stands with you in mourning, as do I on this black day. I am sure many, if not all, ATSers do as well.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
[edit on 7/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wish my best to all my friends in the UK. I hope no one lost anyone close to them and that they are alll safe. I would say somethign about the terrorist but I would get banned.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Although i have not been directly affected by the attacks as i live in the North-East of England i still feel extreme anger towards the murderers that carried out these attacks!

Thank you JungleJake for your condolences to the British people and im sure all the Brits here at ATS thank you too!

And as for the comments on the islamic website that said Britain was a nation in fear, let me tell you WE ARE NOT.....
Britain is a hardened nation that has coped with terrorist attacks for decades and this will only make us stronger and more willing to catch these terrorists!!!

Mic

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

"I want to say one thing, specifically to the world today — this was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful, it was not aimed at presidents or prime ministers, it was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian ... young and old … that isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted [faith], it is an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder."

"They seek to divide London, they seek Londoners to turn against each other ... this city of London is the greatest in the world because everybody lives side by side in harmony. Londoners will not be divided by this cowardly attack."

"I know that you personally do not fear to give your own life in exchange to taking others ... but I know you do fear you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society ... in the days that follow, look at our airports, look at our seaports and look at our railway stations ... you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world, will arrive in London to become Londoners, to fulfill their dream and achieve their potential … whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."

That was said by London Mayor Ken Livingstone earlier today. I think his words were, by far, the most eloquent of any I have heard so far. My hopes and my prayers are with all of you.

EDIT: bracket explanation: I heard Livingstone's comments this morning on the television, and I heard "faith". Fox News quoted him as saying "fate" however, but I removed that and placed wht I heard, with this explanation in case I heard wrong.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey JJ

Just to let all know that im fine as i live in london,

Also Djdohboy is fine to,

We will get through this, they wont beat the UK spirit

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My deepest sorrows to all in UK... it is sad but those are the times we live in... and may this serve as a lesson to all who claim terrorism does not exist and its a "Bush control tatic"..........

God be with the UK people

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think, in a prior life, I may have been a Brit. I lived there a number of years some time back. I love the Brits (I use that term most affectionately and most respectfully), and have much respect for them and the country. I have a number of friends that I really count as family, who live there. You are a resolved people, and one that I count fortunate to have in my world.

My heart goes out to all involved who either lost or knows someone who lost, or were somehow directly affected by this vile action.

My prayers for all of you.

I am certain that the Brits will bounce back and make the terrorists most sorry for their low, vile, short-sighted actions.

God Speed, and God Bless you all...

[edit on 7-7-2005 by sigung86]

top topics

join