It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan released from prison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
In the book of Revelation, Jesus traps Satan in an underground prison or something and says he will be released when the thousand year reign of Christ is over. If Jesus was born in 6 AD does that mean Satan was released in 1006 AD? I also found that the brightest supernova ever occured in 1006 AD. It was so bright it could be seen in daylight
Could this have something to do with Satan if he was released?

Supernova

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
was Jesus born in 6AD? or 1 AD? or did he die on 1 AD?

YOu are metioning Revelations 20, when Satan was sealed into the abyss for a thousand years later to be released for a short time. in revelations 20:7 we found out Satan goes out on the earth to deceive everyone, and later devoured by fire from heaven.

This takes place during "the end times" or near the day of final judgment. In order for your theory to be accurate you would have to assume that Judgement day is allready upon us, for 1000 years.... which isince I last checked outside is not the case

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Jesus couldn't have been born in 6 AD.

AD meaning, "anno domini" - the year of our lord (literally).

He can't be born after the "time change" from BC to AD took place...seeing as it's his own life that triggered the change....

Odd

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Christ probably wasn't born in what we now know as the year 1 AD... the calendar has gone through a lot of changes in the past 2000 years.

[edit on 7/15/2005 by Odd]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The anno domini was developed by a monk named Dionysius Exiguus in Rome 525 AD calculating the date of easter. Tho most Biblical scholars belive Dionysius was incorrect and the date claimed for Jesus birth between 8 BC and 4 BC based on the death of Herod the Great in 4 BC

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The calendar aside

It was correctly stated above that this happens in the future.

There is a false teaching going around that says the stuff in Revelation has happened already.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Read the whole chapter 20 and you can see its impossible for it to have happened.
21 has a new earth. Also impossible at this point.

I HIGHLY recommend this to all. Its a searchable bible (free) that you can download attachments of different versions and languages

www.e-sword.net...

That is the main program, and below is the page with the different add ons

www.e-sword.net...

Even if you have no interest in Christ, this will be a useful tool when talking or combating christians.:bash:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Roman monl who calculated the calender missed out the rein of oe of the roman emperors that lasted 4 years when he drew up the claender but I cant remeber the blocks name.
Also there is no pint in relating anything to bible prophecy beacsue as youve already said its a thousand years overdew

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
satan has not been in prison(bottomless pit) yet. He currently has a certain amount of freedom but not total freedom. He will be bound for 1000 years at Christ's physical return to the earth and then will be let loose for a brief time and then he will be forever banished to the Lake of Fire, never to torment mankind again.

top topics

join