It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS site error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I am getting an error on the ATS site.

This is what is written instead of the normal forum topics :

Warning: main(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution (is your IPV6 configuration correct? If this error happens all the time, try reconfiguring PHP using --disable-ipv6 option to configure) in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/index.php on line 479

Warning: main(www.abovetopsecret.com...): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/index.php on line 479

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/inc/homeforums1.html' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/abovetopsecret/public_html/index.php on line 479

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Have to wait for an admin to see this. Fine for me though.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I got that. too. for a sec I freaked out! I thought I had been moderated !

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Im getting that as well, thought it was something to do the London bombings.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's happened to me as well.
I'm certain it has to do with the abnormally high traffic right now.

glitches are bound to pop up, imo

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm getting it here to.

is there no admin on here?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This started for me last night and on BTS it said something about imploded. Oh and Kushi_Master if you were banned it would appear as if ATS isnt loading. You get like some white screen thingy.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Im getting some odd things as well. No ones points bar, mood or other info is showing up. Just avatars and names.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ATS is currently on Low Bandwith mode due to the huge number of visits. It helps ATS run quicker

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
ATS is currently on Low Bandwith mode due to the huge number of visits. It helps ATS run quicker

Its been so long since I saw Low Bandwith mode I had forgatten what it looked like.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well I don't think this is full low bandwith. I think someone told me it was like half or something since the avatars are still there.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Imagine you just came here for the first time. You don't know how to use the ATS discussion tab to get 'in'. Its been two days now- during critical world events! Reminds me of Barney Fife trying to get his pistol out during a bank robbery.

Skeptic Overlord! Save us Oh Super Hero...

Seriously- is Simon OK?

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ATS has been breaking site visitation records! Low bandwidth mode.......sometimes NO load at all, gotta keep tryin.........

BREAKING RECORDS!

THIS is ~THE~ destination site for FACTS!

Check our google stats!

Google your OWN ATS name and see what you find!

BREAKING RECORDS!

We ~RAWK~! ! ! ! !

[edit on 8-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I searched google for the name I picked here. I feel like John Smith now with 15 pages of links. If google didn't reference ATS or BTS in some posts, you wouldn't know which orionthehunter it was. I found it interesting that some google posts list my total points and how long ago I was online at ATS or BTS and it includes some profile information which I changed long ago. I sure hope no one thinks I'm that busy doing that many things on the net.

Anyway I have been getting similiar error messages for a long time it seems. I have not bothered informing anyone of it though. Sometimes I feel like my computer has a mind of it's own anyway and does its own thing.

top topics

join