It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of body experience!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
There are many people who have had "out of body" or "near death" experiences...and it is true!...but not how they think it is...this experience is not connect to god in anyway shape or form nor are you actuall able to see above your body and watch what is going on. i would like to explain.

Lets take it step by step because i have personally gone through it all...

First off: when yuo are put into a paralysis state of mind you vision starts to flash from light to dark and as this happens yuo mind is set into over load...either its from drugs like going under surgery, or a state of unconciousness. both things i have go through...surgeries and being knock out many times in accidents... images start to flash like crazy such as "your life before your eyes". many images from memory but that are conjured up from the hit to the head or drugs, sending you brain in a crazy state. but this is not where it starts to get wierd.

Second: your mind gets scared and pojects what you imagine is going on around you...but just like in a dream you are able to see yourself in a 3rd person camera mode...what is going on in this projection is not in any way what is really happening...this is the phrase "it was like i was standing over my body"...when ever i have gone into surgeries i have had dreams or images of me watching from above, doctors working on me. but this isnt what is actually happening...our mind takes what ever we have seen in movies and such and places yourself in the mix.

And Thirdly: "i saw a bright light". this happens everytime i start to regain consousness. its is basically like when your tv has been off for along time and you start it up again out of the blue...it needs time to power up, to actual start to pick up a picture, going from dark to light. It also many times has look like a tunnel reaching this light. but thats all this is...basically your eye sockets' connection to your brain was shut off and is now just rebooting back on...you whole body had been shut down and basically this is the time all you systems start to kick back on...you start to breathe properly and nevous systems start to work again.

Now people could say...thats it! you did have a near death expirience. not quite...this series of events happens evertime, whether i was knocked out from an almost fatal hit, or i was getting my tooth pulled from the dentist and had to be put under. and im sure i was not in a state of near fatality when that was going on haha. these are all the experiences i have had that match up to what everyone calls a "near death" or "out of body" experience and it seems to me that its just biological and nerological events that take place. nothing that has anything to do with god or an after life.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What about the experiences where the person knows what went on or has seen something they could not have possibley seen while unconcious. I.E. the tops of ceiling fans or a pad of paper across the room?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
well tops of ceiling fans? thats easy...if then noticed at anytime these fan..then they will be projected and if you are floating above them, a simple movie angle used in many films...and for a pad of paper across the room?...what do you mean? like if you were unconcious...taken into the room...saw the pad of paper in you head while you were floating over your body projection...then woke up and that pad of paper where still there when you would have had no idea it was there befor you entered the room? simply just doesnt happen as far as i know.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I'm too lazy to find any sites right now, but i'm talking about the cases where a person will be unconcious or even pronounced dead but somehow during that period they will gain knowledge (they say through out of body experiences) of something that took place or they will see something, like writing a doctor has on a clipboard of they will see the logo and writing on the upside of the blades of a ceiling fan. Basically they will see something that is verifiable that they could not have possibley seen otherwise unless they were in fact out of their bodies.

I'll look some sites up right now.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

Ok, i mean this kind of thing...

*** Lynn, full name withheld (JOURNAL OF NEAR-DEATH STUDIES, Vol. 15, No. 1, Fall 1996, pages 7-10). At the age of 13, and during open-heart surgery, Lynn left her body and viewed her surgery from a point above and to one side of the doctors' heads. She was surprised to see that one of the doctors was a black man. Previously, she had been introduced to the operating team, and they were all of the white race. She had never seen a black doctor before and couldn't help staring at him. When later released from the hospital, she asked her cardiologist who the black doctor was. He said that the black doctor had been called in at the last moment because one of the members of the operating team had suddenly taken ill. Her cardiologist asked Lynn if the man had dropped by to see her, if that's how she knew about him. She said, "No, I saw him during surgery." With that, her cardiologist stopped smiling and told her to go home and forget everything. Lynn was unconscious when she was wheeled into the operating room. There is no way she could have known about the last-minute switch, or that one of her new physicians was black. Her mother verified this affair.

from here.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
haha yes i would like you too...as far as i know there i know ways you can use your out of body experience to actually get a look at lets say a notpad in a doctors hand held away from the patient. the only way this could be possible is if the patient in unconcious but in my eyes things do still work...such as hearing...maybe even actual sight from the patients eyes themselve...if he hears a doctor talk about what is writing on the pad of paper...then the mind in the out of body projection image can place the sound of words into writing on the actual paper in his head. but i doubt this happens often..but still not proof of any out of body sight actually seeing real objects there from this new above angle.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sorry i replied to your post before you could edit it with a link and story...but now that you have i still stick by my point that im sure at some point in time that her hears had picked up news about this incoming docto to help out and projected him...or that her sub concsious eyes could still pick out an image and use that image to project him into her above view. still seems completely natural and nothing Phenomenal about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
as far as the practice is concerned all i can say is that the more negative energy your body is accustom to containing the more difficult it is to control the oobe and remote viewing experience. practice pureities and you will find your way.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
haha i can honestly say im not at all sure on what you just said aha...i believe you're saying somthing religous and i believe your saying that if you have a negative sinful thought always in your head that you will not be able to have an out of body experience...but if you are pure and moral then you will "see the light"...i believe thats what your saying...and if it is...then i must also say there is no way that i can possibly believe somthing like that unless it is proven to me...no offense.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
im sorry maiden, but what constitutes proof? what, if anything has ever been prooven to you? not much i guarantee. all the things you've grown accustomed to refrencing as 'knowns' or 'provens' are in reality just 'beliefs.'

athiests open their mouths to speak, with the belief that words will come out.

Ive been knocked out too. Ive seen lights. Ive had very lucid dreams. Ive been on drugs. I have however, never conciously exited my body in etherial form to return later.

i believe it is something else besides the chemical/biological mechanics of my brain firing. should it really exist, i believe oobing is a very real concious phenomena that one can acknowlege while in that state.

when was the last time you were fully aware of your surroundings after getting knocked out? you may have seen stars, but i doubt was an oobe. if you're merely trying to express that oobing has a perfectly sound scientific and logic explanation; then i agree with you. every phenomena has a scientific explanation - even if we cannot yet comprehend the science.

maiden, if your point was that oobing has nothing to do with god, the evidence you provide neither prooves nor disprooves your theory. maybe you're right - it is a completely natural phenomena of sleep, like dreams?

regardless, should oobing be of some spiritual/godly nature or not;
it still does happen.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by lost]

[edit on 8-7-2005 by lost]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think he was trying to say that OOBE's aren't real. You can't have one on command or whatever. They are just things put together by your subconcious like dreams. But then again it is 4:24 a.m. and I have no idea whats going on.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What about people who can conciously have Out of Body Experience? It is called Astral Projection. There are no drugs or near-death accidents involved. It is achieved by the use of mantras, concentration exercises, etc methods. The Yogis have also been practicing it for centuries.

Now, I have been trying to conciously have an astral projection or "Out of Body Experience" for six years now (very off-and-on practice though) without luck, but this does not make me feel that it doesn't exist. While I haven't actually left my body, if you practice trying to leave your body, you will feel things like very strong vibrations, etc for no reason. This is what makes me lean more towards the side that this phenomenon is real.

On a site that I used to go to that teaches some of these methods for Out of Body Experience, they had an exercise every nine weeks where everyone on the site would try to have an Out of Body Experience to one place and meet each other. Little to say, some of the stories that come back are incredible. People perfectly describe other people from on the internet that they have never met in their lives, etc.

Perhaps the most convincing "proof" story for me, (Quotations since apparently nothing will convince you), is the story of a blind boy who had an Out of Body Experience. This boy was born blind, but he had an Out of Body Experience, floated out of his house, and saw all the things surrounding his house, such as a large black train, etc. Now... how does a boy, who has never had vision in his life, recreate a vivid and perfect story of seeing white snow and tall green pine trees, and a big black train with smoke coming out of it, etc... without ever having vision in his life? How would the mind create images and color that the mind of a blind person has never known before? I believe the only answer is Out of Body Experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What blackoctober is trying to tell you about is veridical NDE's

And by the way, OOBE's are as real as the monitor in front of my face. I've had 7 of them. Furthermore lots of people who have visited the astral world experience it as even more real and vivid than this one we're in.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yep, that's the stuff I was looking for Bandit.

MaidenMayhem, While I agree that things in your mind while you are unconcious can be affected by outside elements. (I.E. Someone's talking can be heard while you are asleep, so in your dream you see that person and hear them talking.) I don't agree that OOBE's and astral projection's can simply be waived as your mind making these things up. Some of these things are too elaborate or complicated to just guess and have right. Read that site on the link that TheBandit left.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Perhaps the most convincing "proof" story for me, (Quotations since apparently nothing will convince you),

Pft...i recent that. haha i am very willing to sit and listen to see if my ideas on the matter can be changed. There is no thought, set in stone, here, its just an idea and if i had listened to enough people, and enough stories are brought to me to where i feel it can't be anything other then an OOBE, then i am completely willing to change my original assumtion and admit i was incorrect with my idea that OOBE's arient real.

new topics

top topics

join