It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As sick as this sounds, I am quite glad it was only explosives....if it was gas, dear god that would have been much worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
As sick as this sounds, I am quite glad it was only explosives....if it was gas, dear god that would have been much worse.

Its not sick,
im glad it wasnt any bio/chemical bombs

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think we're all glad it wasn't bio/chemical weapons.

Just be glad those sort of bombs are a lot harder to make and a lot harder to hide. As for the Downing Street one? Now, whenever a bag is found, jumper, etc, they will do a controlled explosion just "encase" it is a real bomb.

At the present moment the Police have to "make" up for allowing those bombs to "happen".

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
the reporter said "controlled explosion took place on a bus outside downing street" and "they wont comment on what the package was"

no doubt it was a bag with a loaf of bread in it or something equally mundane.

overseas folks should realise that 'controlled explosion' doesn't normally mean bomb or explosives of any sort but that an abandoned bag or parcel was blown up by the bomb squad for safety's sake - in their shoes you wouldnt want to hang around to get confirmation one way or the other of if it is a true bomb so you just blow it up regardless.

unfortunately you also get a few idiots after a serious incident who find it funny to leave a bag containing a shoebox and a few loose wires and mayb an old circuit board or 2 in it or phone in hoax bomb threats.

i seem to remember someone was jailed for 7 years when they were caught - personally i think it should be longer as there is a big difference between humour and selfish stupidity

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well,
King Cross is on alert again, bomb squad is over there now

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Tony Blair believes the attacks were carried out by Islamic terrorists who are trying to bring down our way of life. Parliament agreed with Blair and gave himt their full support.

In the Queens speech, months ago, she did bring up new legislation on our anti-terror laws, Blair said parliament will only consider adding these new laws, but no other shall be brought in.

We pretty much expected this, parliament will continue to carry the wishes of the Queen.

Nothing new really

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.sky.com...

Tony Blair has vowed to defeat the "callous" terrorists behind the London bombings, which claimed at least 52 lives.

The Prime Minister also praised the emergency services for their handling of the atrocities.

Hs said their response had been "magnificent".

In a statement to MPs, Mr Blair said it was likely that Islamist extremists were behind the attacks.

He told them the confirmed death toll had risen to 52. Another 56 remain in hospital, some severely injured.

He revealed police liason officers have been assigned to 74 families, indicating the final number of dead may be higher.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this virus alert, of an email claiming to be a video of the London bombings is a trojan.

While I realize many are fully aware of email dangers, I am also aware of the vast numbers that are not.

Story: Virus exploits London Tube bombs

Misfit

dh

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ah - that's what we like - a news line as a slave line of official government policy
Rest assured folks - I'm off elsewhere for a short vacation

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Police sources:

Suspected died in Bus attack

(skynews)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
MODS Please can we change the title of this thread to include 07/07 - gives me the willies everytime I see it in case it's round 2 !!

R
London

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The Gaza based Sut Al Quds radio station, which identifies itself with Palestinian Islamic Jihad, on July 9, 00:30, broadcasted a sermon that has praised the London terrorist atrocities:

The preacher welcomed the “blessed acts” that took place recently in Iraq and Britain, and highlighted their proximity to the selection of an Olympic host for the 2012 games.

“The sounds of happiness were heard in London, and Osama Bin Laden came and redrew the map. He made sure that the voice of the surrendered will be heard in every place,” the mosque's preacher said.

Gaza mosque welcomes London attacks

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
The Gaza based Sut Al Quds radio station, which identifies itself with Palestinian Islamic Jihad, has praised the London terrorist atrocities:

Its crazy if their saying that cause the British government gives alot of aid to Palestinian, G8 is giving $8 billion and Tony Blair supports the Palestinian government aswell.

Thank you for finding this Riwka

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Problem is, infinite, we don't do enough nor do we enforce the U.N. Resolutions which are in place and nor do we challenge America over their use of the veto to defend Israel.

Coupled with the Iraq issue, it is just turning more and more people against our Government and the idea of democracy. Why change the Government from one that lies to you and you have no control over to one that lies to you even if you have control over them?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Odium,

the Gaza mosque does not belong to Israel - it is PA.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Odium,

the Gaza mosque does not belong to Israel - it is PA.

Yes and?

I know where it is, ever been to Israel? It's not like it is a big Nation/Country, nor is Palestine.

as I stated before, if we enforced the rules we placed against Israel you would see a different picture. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

I know where it is, ever been to Israel?

Yes - I am an Israeli Citizen,

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

I know where it is, ever been to Israel?

Yes - I am an Israeli Citizen,

Then you know how small it is and should know first hand the problems with Israel and their Government as well as their relations with the International Community and the U.N.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok - You mean we should build the security fence more quickly.
That is true.

But this topic is of last week's terror attacks against London -
and btw......it is not the first time a cleric within the PA threatened terror attacks against Britain.

Sheikh Ibrahim Mudeiras, a popular Palestinian Islamic leader, said in a live sermon broadcast May 13:

"We take this opportunity to hold Britain accountable and say there is revenge we can never forget. We cannot forgo the revenge we want to exact from Britain. We hold Britain responsible for what happened in Palestine. Britain is the cause, 'til this very minute, of every drop of blood dripping into this land."

Hamas threatens suicide attacks in U.K.

Rebekka

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ok - You mean we should build the security fence more quickly.
That is true.

You mean the one that your country has been repeatedly told to pull down by the UN? The one that has been ruled illegal by the UN? Yeah remind me again why your country is constantly above the law...

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join