It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
hmm thats interesting.
Speculation that final planning and placement could have occurred
under the cover of the Live-8 concert..

UK'ers, would this make sense or would it have been tougher?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

sound like some think big is going on

No sh1t sherlock! Just what though is the million dollar question....Power Surge my arse....

i wonder how big the power cut is

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is scary. Thoughts and prayers to everyone in London. Keep safe.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sky news reporter just stated that the Army in now on the streets in some part of london.

Elf

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by icelid

95 views and still no upgrade!!

Hey look at me! Look mommy watch!

Glory hog. Have some compassion, you sound like a politician.

I think stumason thought it was important, and needed to be on our front page right away. No hogging of glory or anything like that..

[edit on 7-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
anyone wishing to hear live news coverage and eyewitness acounts without having to rely on certain maintstream news websites which are not being updated as quickly may want to connect to www.talksport.net (you will need abacast client to listen)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
sound like a evacuation maybey about to start, this is juts what im getting from the responses so donte panic it may not happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The timing is more than convenient, I don't doubt that whoever is responsible for these attacks knew that London's police forces would be streched with a huge amount being on the opposite side of the country at Gleneagles for G8.

This is too strange, I was just thinking earlier this week "We haven't heard about terrorism in the news for a while" Lo and behold! I hope this doesn't become any worse as the day progresses.

My thoughts go out to anyone who is affected by this. I have a few friends in London that i can't get in touch with, I'm hoping they're fine.

T

[EDIT]

Sky news reporter just stated that the Army in now on the streets in some part of london.

If the army are needed on the streets of London, I think it's gonna get much worse.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by tandino]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think stumason thought it was important, and needed to be on our front page right away. No hogging of glory or anything like that..

That is indeed what I was trying to do. seeing as there were 20 half-arse threads on this and this was the only ATSNN one, I felt we needed to get it upgraded quickly, without the vote politiking we usually get, as it is as important for us in the UK as 9/11 is for the US.

Next time, Icelid, if you have a problem, may I suggest you U2U me. rather than going for the cheap public shot to grap attention for yourself...

link   
The timing was perfect. This guy they are talking to now, was evacuated from a station and was on a bus, watched another bus coming towards him, and the back end of the other bus blew apart.

link   
Bastards.

Awaking by my mum to be told theres been huge terrorist attacks in my country and not to travel to town today.

I still can't believe it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
The timing is more than convenient, I don't doubt that whoever is responsible for these attacks knew that London's police forces would be streched with a huge amount being on the opposite side of the country at Gleneagles for G8.

This is too strange, I was just thinking earlier this week "We haven't heard about terrorism in the news for a while" Lo and behold! I hope this doesn't become any worse as the day progresses.

My thoughts go out to anyone who is affected by this. I have a few friends in London that i can't get in touch with, I'm hoping they're fine.

T

[EDIT]

If the army are needed on the streets of London, I think it's gonna get much worse.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by tandino]

I would have thought that the Metroploitan Police would stay in London and leave Gleneagles to the Scottish Police... But still, timing is more than co-inky-dink.....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
confirmed army is on the streets off london and the police are moving back from some busses

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Any links..nothing on the Beeb about troops....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
sorry im watching sky news and it has it on the ticker

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

[edit on 7-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

He wanted to make sure he got credit for it, not to do what was right. I'm not saying he didn't do a good thing, but something as sensitive as this has no place for gloating.

Sorry this is not the place (thread) for this. JAK is right.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by icelid]

JAK

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

ENOUGH!

Iclid - Stumason Stop this petty bickering NOW!

I cannot believe come are posting personal digs at this time and on this thread.

[edit on 7/7/05 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The BBC is reporting that Arab sources, or people who monitor Arab groups, believe it was Al Qaeda.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

link   
BBC World News reported that there are troops in the street.

More armed soldiers outside Buckingham Palace.

This is disgusting. Terrorists play this cowardly game of cat and mouse. Wheres their honour in war?

Hmm, G8 - Live8 - Olympics 2012 announcement. All this within 24 hours of the explosion. I smell a massive coincidence. Damn you Pink!

dh

link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Well dh who is responsable.....

I live in spain and witnessed the Madrid bombings.
Its the same modus operandi.
Rush hour, peak stations, maximum chaos, maximun effect.

Problem, reaction, solution, my friend
This has been done by those allegedly responsible for our security
The last time Bush, Blair and her Majesty got together in Britain, there were those bomb attacks on UK interests in Turkey remember

They want an excuse to firm up all the draconian anti-civil liberties and ID card legislation they've passed so they can start putting it into action

THIS IS A TOTAL MURDEROUS SCAM

I agree with the contributor asking us to put our VHS machines on record
The truth may yet still be out there, before the official Big Lie kicks in

[edit on 7-7-2005 by dh]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join