It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That's probably what Giulliani was there for too. Either as a speaker or as a delegate. That would easily explain his presence in both London, and the station when he was. He could have been on the way to the conference. As far as being notified, I don't think he specifically said he was notified that a bomb had gone off, just that he was notified of the explosions. It could easily have been someone telling him the conference was off because of explosions in the underground, and security concerns.

Personally I find it a bit of a coincidence that the man with a control bunker (operations center) in WTC7 should just happen to be around for "London's 9/11". And that representatives of the Israeli governmnet should be around to witness the event
I don't think Mossad itself had any part in creating the event -it is just an arm of the CIA and British MI in any case.

The Mossad is the most powerful inteligance there is in the world

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Originally posted by infinite
It had all the mark of Al Qaeda...

I have to admit that this statement, which has been banded about by many observers, makes me chuckle.

Can someone please explain how this incident dispalys 'all the hall-marks of an Al-Qaeda attack'. Have no other groups ever exploded bombs on buses, or coordinated several devices? Have 'Al-Qaeda' now created a paradigm with this attack?

The similarities and why the attacks have been attributed to Al Qaeda is located here

Lightseeker

[edit on 7/8/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just to update....

49 deaths have now been confirmed 13 of them believed to have been aboard the bus,

Sadly this is still expected to rise further as bodies are still being sort from the Russle Square station,

There is a major presence of police visible around here in London today, which is expected.

My heart goes out to my fellow Londoners and to those families still trying to find there loved ones, Many have been outside the hospital carrying pics in the hope that someone will recognise there family members.

Flowers are being left near the scene of the bus blast.

Skynews

Also any others living in London you may be able to help find the missing,
please see this link

www.sky.com...

[edit on 8-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Theyve just said on CNN here in Spain that the bombs were not activated by mobile phone but by timing devices.
So the modus operandi is not the same as the one used here in Spain by the extremists..
So it was necessary for the bombers to leave the bombs a good while before they detonated so he was well clear of the zone, and in a place he knew it wouldnt be tampered with or noticed, not like with a mobile phone detonated bomb you can detonate when you want even in a panic.

I cant understand how with all the security there is in London on the metro and in the stations that anyone could leave a rucksack with 5 kilos of explosives inside for maybe 5 or 10 minutes or more without arousing the suspitions of the well experienced police they have there not ot mention nervious citizens ..and they fact that if you leave anything unattended on the metro in less than 30 seconds someones stolen it!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[edit on 8-7-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I cant understand how with all the security there is in London on the metro and in the stations that anyone could leave a rucksack with 5 kilos of explosives inside for maybe 5 or 10 minutes or more without arousing the suspitions of the well experienced police they have there not ot mention nervious citizens ..and they fact that if you leave anything unattended on the metro in less than 30 seconds someones stolen it!!!

Yes well i though about this, and to behonest it would not be that hard,
think about it, 1000's of people rushing around in the rush hour trains in London, everyone so busy thinking about getting to work on time, catching the next tube or bus at there next stop.

A terroist could have planted it in the rush hour, then having it timed to go of at the next set of travel times, hence why this may not have hit the main rush hour time.

again just my own personal thoughts,

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Theyve just said on CNN here in Spain that the bombs were not activated by mobile phone but by timing devices.
So the modus operandi is not the same as the one used here in Spain by the extremists..

I had heard something similar. Cell phone signals would be too unpredictable in underground tunnels, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I had heard something similar. Cell phone signals would be too unpredictable in underground tunnels, etc.

Too unpredictable? Try not working. It's rare as all hell you'll get a mobile phone signal in the under-ground.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Five or ten minutes is all anyone would need for a remote detonated bomb or even a timer detonated bomb. Who knows for sure at this point if the bombs attracted attention or not. Anyone who was close by would be dead, or at best, severely wounded.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dear terrorists apparently you say you did London because of our forces stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Do you think Afghanistan would have happened without 9/11?
I can understand that your upset about all the people we've killed in Iraq: over 250,000 in first gulf war, well over 100,000 civilians this time (according to a very conservative estimate 8months ago), plus over 1.2 million between in 1991 to 2003 sanctions. So maybe you think 38 Londoners is fair play.
But can't you understand that war and fear unite people around their leaders? I mean there are conspiracy theories out there that say the government allowed or even did 9/11. Why do you think that is? Could it possibly be because you've made the job of extremists like Bush, Blair and friends a lot easier? So much easier that our own people will suspect our own leaders of allowing terrorist attacks to happen? (Even without the backing of the mainstream media).
If you were Bush and wanted to sell war to your sheep wouldn’t making your sheep feel scared about terrorism be useful? Could that be why George Bush mentions the word "terrorism" in just about every speech he makes?
Historically war has always boasted the support of leaders due to powerful yet primitive human psychology. Could that be useful? Especially when many people think your rubbish at your job?

Oh men and woman of fundamentalist Islam it is written that Allah rewards those who die in battle for his people. So why don't you die in battle for your people? Why choose to die helping the Republican Party make its case for war? Why aid the extremist agenda's of America's Republican and Democratic parties? Don't you think America spends enough money on political advertising as it is? Do you not understand that the infidel media is skilful and drama obsessed?
Hitler thought that if he bombed London the people of Britain would turn against Churchill. And for good reason as Churchill was getting increasingly unpopular with the British people. They were calling the war a "phoney war" and saying we should have followed Chamberlin with his policy of appeasement. Only when Hitler bombed London did the British rally around Churchill and make him as popular as he has remained ever since. Dear terrorists could you be making Hitler’s mistake? But why so blindly after 9/11?
Could I ask which coming invasion do you support the most? Is it Iran, Syria or someone else? Whatever it is; may the elephant be with you. Certainly your actions make the tasks of anti war people like me much harder (The elephant is the adopted animal symbol of the Republican Party).
And if you think you can win then the West has nukes and the Arab world has none. WMD our cities and in international law you will legalise us nuking yours, or do you think our leaders are too nice not to do that?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
---edited--- I am starting to put people in ignore for using derogatory statements and insults.... If this is the best arguments they have, then they don't deserve to be heard.....--------------

BTW, "moderate and verifiable" body counts of the people In iraq who have died due to military intervention put the figures much lower.

Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq
Min Max
22787 25814
View Database...

Excerpted from.
www.iraqbodycount.net...

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Certainly your [the terrorsist] actions make the tasks of anti war people like me much harder....

Shouldn't you be getting the message that there is no way out of the current state of world affairs short of war? Haven't you figured out yet that the enemy wants you to be anti-war? They want you to be a little wuss who will simply lie down and offer up his neck to the knife. Want to star in a snuff film?

[edit on 2005/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What's a snuff film?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Most sources state that snuff films are an urban legend and indeed, I believe this was the case before "Zarqawi & Co." began beheading innocent Westerners and distributing video tapes of the events for entertainment value.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Al-CIA-Da Strikes again.

I hope the people of England won't give in to fear and accept the ID cards over this.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
I hope the people of England won't give in to fear and accept the ID cards over this.

I agree, There's a good chance the ones responsible (the button pushers) are British Nationals.

NO!!! I did not say they are...I said there's a good chance

[edit on 8/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Quote: "The feeling is that while we must respect other culture, we must be careful to not allow the fear of being labeled Racist or Bigoted to blind us from reality. Most of Europe is now facing such threats and being forced, in the name of political correctness to have Tolerance for Intolerance."

I Agree Entirely! I think that this Rampant & Blind Political Correctness just might be the greatest Tool that the Terrorists have to Utilize. There sure is a LOT of it in the U.S. & U.K.

I am NOT talking about a Race or Religion - I AM calling out the Murderous Ideology/ (& In-Effective) Tactic of TERRORISM! This simply will not be Tolerated! This isn't a Game! This is not a time for Fooling around! This is Serious Business - A lot is at stake! It is time that Europe Wakes Up & stops Coddling/Excusing these
UN-Civilized/Barbaric Acts & those who perpetrate them!

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger
Al-CIA-Da Strikes again.

Most pf the people in Britain are well aware that ID cards do not stop terrorism, at least, not without the co-operation of the terrorists.

Some will fall victim to the sensationalism of the media, but many know full well that ID cards are merely a control mechanism.

I'm not going to jump on the "CIA did it" bandwagon.

Grady..." it could be said that you are falling for the same argument, in accepting that war is the only way out. Fundamentalism will exist as long as nations continue to exploited by the west. Foreign policy has to change, if the example we set is to be follwed we can continue to expect more atrocities.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry to keep on about this statement business, but I was interested to see that it appears to have upset some of the jihadists too.

This page states: "The main points of contention amongst the membership are the use of “ummat al-arab” (the Nation of Islam) in the communiqué which according the jihadists is “against the al-Qaeda beliefs,” and alleged poor Arabic that “does not sound like an al-Qaeda statement."

Was there not also some views that the statement is also believed to have contained mis-quoted passages from the Koran ?

The whole AQ/not AQ thing has it's own thread, so I'll not go down that line of discussion here.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "The feeling is that while we must respect other culture, we must be careful to not allow the fear of being labeled Racist or Bigoted to blind us from reality. Most of Europe is now facing such threats and being forced, in the name of political correctness to have Tolerance for Intolerance."

I Agree Entirely! I think that this Rampant & Blind Political Correctness just might be the greatest Tool that the Terrorists have to Utilize. There sure is a LOT of it in the U.S. & U.K.

I am NOT talking about a Race or Religion - I AM calling out the Murderous Ideology/ (& In-Effective) Tactic of TERRORISM! This simply will not be Tolerated! This isn't a Game! This is not a time for Fooling around! This is Serious Business - A lot is at stake! It is time that Europe Wakes Up & stops Coddling/Excusing these
UN-Civilized/Barbaric Acts & those who perpetrate them!

Just who exactly is tolerating them??!
What are you people ranting about?
What does PC have to do with it?
Every single EU country already has anti-terror task forces, policies, laws. Germany makes monthly arrests of islamic extremists, you don't see it on CNN (crap news network) as breaking news (michael jackson trial and the latest runaway bride is more important) but I see it on local german cable TV.
NOBODY in Europe is excusing these terrorist acts, not even muslim comunities, which were one of the first to condemn the attacks.
But they can't go into murderous rampage or something, take guns and execute anyone who seems like "a terrorist" to them.
There are LAWS, there are law enforcement agencies, to deal with it, and they are dealing with it.

Some are pissed of because they can't blame ALL muslims, ALL immigrants, ALL whatever for their problems.
They are pissed of because political correctness does not allow them to bash millions of people.

Political correctness DOES NOT STOP police from arresting suspects, it does not stop implementation of anti-terror policies, it does not stop new laws regarding asylum seekers and immigrants.
It only stops racist bigots from publicly expressing their hatred.
Also it is THE most misused and misunderstood term there is.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join