It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That's probably what Giulliani was there for too. Either as a speaker or as a delegate. That would easily explain his presence in both London, and the station when he was. He could have been on the way to the conference. As far as being notified, I don't think he specifically said he was notified that a bomb had gone off, just that he was notified of the explosions. It could easily have been someone telling him the conference was off because of explosions in the underground, and security concerns.

Personally I find it a bit of a coincidence that the man with a control bunker (operations center) in WTC7 should just happen to be around for "London's 9/11". And that representatives of the Israeli governmnet should be around to witness the event
I don't think Mossad itself had any part in creating the event -it is just an arm of the CIA and British MI in any case.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I hear Giuliani and Associates are in the "Security" business?

I'm still curious as just why he was there, was it the conference mentioned above?
Is there any news articles on that?

www.democracynow.org.../04/07/0310249

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The thing that never seems to stop to amaze me is that it appears that almost everyone already knows who did it. I mean they're blasting it all over the media, and half of this board is ready to nuke middle east. I sure wouldn't want to sit on the bench with people like you (yeah you, the kind that knows who did it and how to 'solve' it) on the jury. 10 points to humanity!
And my heart to all the victims, let's hope you dont trade in your souls to get even.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
The thing that never seems to stop to amaze me is that it appears that almost everyone already knows who did it. I mean they're blasting it all over the media, and half of this board is ready to nuke middle east. I sure wouldn't want to sit on the bench with people like you (yeah you, the kind that knows who did it and how to 'solve' it) on the jury. 10 points to humanity!
And my heart to all the victims, let's hope you dont trade in your souls to get even.

It had all the mark of Al Qaeda so people started pointing, its likely now that its a home grown sleeper cell that is behind this, who claims to have to have links to Al Qaeda.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It had all the mark of Al Qaeda...

I have to admit that this statement, which has been banded about by many observers, makes me chuckle.

Can someone please explain how this incident dispalys 'all the hall-marks of an Al-Qaeda attack'. Have no other groups ever exploded bombs on buses, or coordinated several devices? Have 'Al-Qaeda' now created a paradigm with this attack?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just a few important points concerning this incident that have seemed to get swept under the politically correct rug.

1. This attack should indicate that there was and still is an active terror cell operating in the UK and likely throughout Europe. I was watching BBC last night and there was absolutly no beating around the bush about that point.

2. According to the British authroties being interviewed, there is a rising problem from the militant muslim population concerning the hosting and funding of terror cells. They also expressed concern that as the native British population was slowing its increase, the Islamic population was exploding across Europe. Their example cited many Dutch now migrating from their homeland because of radical Islamic's influx in such numbers and the increasing tension stemming from their lack of tolerance for the existing culture. It seems they now have such a foothold that the most radical ideologies of the religion are now being preached openly in Mosques including terrorism and jihad.

3. The feeling is that while we must respect other culture, we must be careful to not allow the fear of being labeled racist or bigoted to blind us from reality. Most of Europe is now facing such threats and being forced, in the name of political correctness to have tolerance for intolerance.

It is my personal opinion from what I have learned that if we are to be tolerant of this group and observe political correctness, its going to have to be a two way street...meaning, we are going to have to demand the same from Islamic people. I'm sorry but I can not and will not be forced into supporting a political agenda which states I must be tolerant of those intolerant of me or the laws that govern the majority.

These bombs are not going off because of Iraq or Afghanistan. These bombs are going off to take one more step to rid the world of anyone who isn't them. While many of you are members of the religion and likely supporters, many of you are trying very admirably to live and let live and I really respect that. I do. However, I think as time passes, this situation worsens, we're going to be left facing a brutal reality. Once its too late, the facade of peaceful religion will exist no more. In many cases, it is already too late.

Many of you will agree with me, many will not. Many will be offended and many will likely flame. I wish I could say if we all accepted this reality today, we could change it but I doubt it would be little more than a too little too late scenario. What I mean to say is what ever side any of us may take in this doesn't matter, in my opinion. I have been wrong before and if I could ever be wrong again, I wish it to be in this. The irony is that one day, the majority we know now will be the minority resistance.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Bomb scares across London, currently one at King Cross and now its just been giving the all clear

Queen to visit the injured at 3pm

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Can someone please explain how this incident dispalys 'all the hall-marks of an Al-Qaeda attack'.

because we said so. we know who is already guilty based on no foreknowledge, evidence and only a few hours of investigation - isnt it obvious to you it had to have been al-qaeda!!! after all, there are NO other terrorists organisations in the world anymore and governments NEVER harm people for their own gain and blame someone else for it. now shut up and do not question anything we tell you.

does that explain it to you now?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
On a less serious note, i am watching Blairs speech from Gleneagles earlier. So staged that there is even a token black man standing behind George Bush.

I know this is a bit random at this stage, but I need to point out "PurityOfPeace"'s ignorance (Even if he did mean it tongue in the cheek)... The "token black man" you're referring to is actually Thabo Mbeki - The President of South Africa. What, do you think that they just shoved a black man into the picture to make Tony Blair look politically correct?! Give me a break!

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I know this is a bit random at this stage, but I need to point out "PurityOfPeace"'s ignorance (Even if he did mean it tongue in the cheek)... The "token black man" you're referring to is actually Thabo Mbeki - The President of South Africa. What, do you think that they just shoved a black man into the picture to make Tony Blair look politically correct?! Give me a break!

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Gemwolf]

Hey, it was just a little joke, nothing to get riled up about. I was not suggesting anything at all. Everyone was so up in arms yesterday, sometimes a little humour is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hey, it was just a little joke, nothing to get riled up about. I was not suggesting anything at all. Everyone was so up in arms yesterday, sometimes a little humour is a good thing.

I'm a bit over-patriotic, aren't I?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
lol, no problem Gemwolf, i can totally understand that peoples feelings will be all over the place. I am British too, and am sickened by the things that have happened. Sometimes it does you good to smile in tough times.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
I hear Giuliani and Associates are in the "Security" business?

I'm still curious as just why he was there, was it the conference mentioned above?

I'm going to throw this one in from way out in left field but maybe they are going to try and spin in a possible assassination attempt on the "hero" of 9/11 Giuliani. Not getting him would give him an aura of invincibility possibly helping his chances for a run at the White House in 2008. The herd really eats that kind of garbage up.

Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
from www.stratfor.com
Israel Warned United Kingdom About Possible Attacks

Summary

There has been massive confusion over a denial made by the Israelis that the Scotland Yard had warned the Israeli Embassy in London of possible terrorist attacks “minutes before” the first bomb went off July 7. Israel warned London of the attacks a “couple of days ago,” but British authorities failed to respond accordingly to deter the attacks, according to an unconfirmed rumor circulating in intelligence circles. While Israel is keeping quiet for the time-being, British Prime Minister Tony Blair soon will be facing the heat for his failure to take action.

Analysis

The Associated Press reported July 7 that an anonymous source in the Israeli Foreign Ministry said Scotland Yard had warned the Israeli Embassy in London of possible terrorist attacks in the U.K. capital. The information reportedly was passed to the embassy minutes before the first bomb struck at 0851 London time. The Israeli Embassy promptly ordered Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to remain in his hotel on the morning of July 7. Netanyahu was scheduled to participate in an Israeli Investment Forum Conference at the Grand Eastern Hotel, located next to the Liverpool Street Tube station -- the first target in the series of bombings that hit London on July 7.

Several hours later, Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom officially denied reports that Scotland Yard passed any information to Israel regarding the bombings, and British police denied they had any advanced warning of the attacks. The British authorities similarly denied that any information exchange had occurred.

Contrary to original claims that Israel was warned “minutes before” the first attack, unconfirmed rumors in intelligence circles indicate that the Israeli government actually warned London of the attacks “a couple of days” previous. Israel has apparently given other warnings about possible attacks that turned out to be aborted operations. The British government did not want to disrupt the G-8 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland, or call off visits by foreign dignitaries to London, hoping this would be another false alarm.

The British government sat on this information for days and failed to respond. Though the Israeli government is playing along publicly, it may not stay quiet for long. This is sure to apply pressure on Blair very soon for his failure to deter this major terrorist attack.

Stratfor is not some wild eyed rumor mill. They are a highly respected independent
intelligence organization.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

I'm going to throw this one in from way out in left field but maybe they are going to try and spin in a possible assassination attempt on the "hero" of 9/11 Giuliani. Not getting him would give him an aura of invincibility possibly helping his chances for a run at the White House in 2008. The herd really eats that kind of garbage up.

Hmmm, intersting, Dr Love. I think we would have maybe heard more on that before now if they were going to go down that route. However, i don't watch FOX all that much, if any channel was going to run with that, it would maybe be them.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I live in Hong Kong at the moment but have kids in London. I just had a chat with my eldest girl (13).

Her words were...

How dare they bomb my country. None of us here are scared though, so they're not terrorising very well.

Quality.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hmmm, intersting, Dr Love. I think we would have maybe heard more on that before now if they were going to go down that route. However, i don't watch FOX all that much, if any channel was going to run with that, it would maybe be them.

Not necessarily POP. This would be something that they would 'discover' while investigating who actually pulled off these attacks. Maybe they would 'find' terrorist correspondences with Giuliani's name on them giving details of a plan. For them to not even suspect that Giuliani was a possible target at the very beginning and suddenly, miraculously stumble upon evidence after the fact would make it all the more believable to the public.

Peace

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

from www.stratfor.com
Israel Warned United Kingdom About Possible Attacks

Can you actually give a "direct link" to this information so that we can read it ourselves and see if it is reliable or not?

The link you gave does not takes us to those excerpts.

Never mind, found out that you have to pay to get most of the information from that site.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Israel warning is a hoax, no one has confirmed it. CIA has come forward admitted they have no intelligence on it either, this is one attack completely out of the blue. The group was working "under the radar" to be honest

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I want to start of by sending my condolences to all the families of the victims and my prayers to all of the people who were injured in the terrible London terrorist bomb attacks.

However... What happened in London was only a fraction of what goes on in many other countries ten times a day.

Why the big hype? or is that just typical media sensationalism?
Why does the rest of the world not get the same attention and sympathy or are we just used to seeing children in other parts of the world getting blown apart by landmines and mortars?

Please do not think for a second that I'm implying that the horror and trauma is any less in London but there was barely a news channel not covering the London blasts when it happened whilst at that very same moment woman and children were also being killed every where esle by similar means with out the benefit of ambulance services and hospitals to help them.

Again, I'm not disrespecting what happened in London but take a second to think about others who constantly suffer these horrors on a daily basis.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join