It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In reply to that question about the bomb on the bus. It was weird - she was saying a lot of things on her phone like, "there's been a train crash? What electrical explosions or a train crash...." then she talked more and then she said "it's a bomb? There's been a bomb on a bus?"

And then we heard the explosion. I think she was just getting information from a friend who didn't quite know what had happened. I think the most likely cause for the bang was that bus. Or if it wasn't perhaps it was from an underground station.

But I think most likely she'd been ironically misinformed just before the event as I think the bus was the last blast to occur.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
Can we find between us the ACTUAL site that claimed responsibilty? If the BBC can find it why cant we? Its out there somewhere.

This is what I was thinking - Where is this site?

seriously DONT, that is what the security services are paid to do and you can bet that is what they are doing right now! An attempt to hack the site just makes their job much harder .

What use would that information be to you anyway?

Please think before you act!

I have no intention of trying to hack the site (I wouldn't even know where to start).

My thoughts were more directed to if the site actually existed. I'm not in the habit of believing something because TV tells me so, I'd like to see what proof they have.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some Asian guy was attacked in my town today because of this. :| Hopefully it won't spiral out of control like it could do, like it so easily will do if something is not done.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I guess, that WAS a moment of panic actually. For the most part, people today were just getting on with it. But I must admit from the speculations of the passengers that there was a bomb on OUR bus - I guess we did get a bit hysterical in the heat of the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrymac
But I think most likely she'd been ironically misinformed just before the event as I think the bus was the last blast to occur.

Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Some Asian guy was attacked in my town today because of this. :| Hopefully it won't spiral out of control like it could do, like it so easily will do if something is not done.

Thats another sad thing about incidents such as these. Some people simply make assuptions, group certain types of people, and declare a hatred for them, forgetting that they are individuals.

link   

Originally posted by stumason
95 views and still no upgrade!! Come on people, vote! This is the TOP STORY for Gods sake!

Stumason,

I voted for you, I just got to get on line. I woke up late in the States that means you missed almost the entire day across the pond. You are my first vote.

It reminds me of 9/11 in the way that this was done. Early morning 4 different locations. Trains, and a bus instead of planes. still is eerily reminicent of 9/11. Thank God not in casualties. But even one dead is too much for me. The press still hasn't reported on the casualties at the one location. My prayers go out to all.

Just in time for G8 and the vote for the 2012 Olympic Games.
www.comcast.net.../2005/07/07/173111.html

[edit on 7/7/2005 by Rhiannon1968]

link   
My prayers go out to all affected in London and i'm sure all at ATS feel the same.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
Can we find between us the ACTUAL site that claimed responsibilty? If the BBC can find it why cant we? Its out there somewhere.

This is what I was thinking - Where is this site?

seriously DONT, that is what the security services are paid to do and you can bet that is what they are doing right now! An attempt to hack the site just makes their job much harder .

What use would that information be to you anyway?

Please think before you act!

I have no intention of trying to hack the site (I wouldn't even know where to start).

My thoughts were more directed to if the site actually existed. I'm not in the habit of believing something because TV tells me so, I'd like to see what proof they have.

sorry I'm sure you wouldn't
I just felt it should be said that it could hinder an investigation.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ok just a little Note,

I know alot are upset over this, Me also as i live in London, But can i ask you all to keep the swear words out,

This is ATSNN and alot of people are reading this,

lets keep it up to are normal standered

Thanks

Asala

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And as I'm sure asala and every other Londoner knows, we fear not the luftwaffe, Militant Islam or the Irish.

Hopefully, just like every other attack we will go on as normal. As far as I am aware the clubs my friends worked in our still opening, tomorrow they've been told to come to work. There's a choice, we panic, we run, we live in fear and "they" win or we go on, enjoy our lives and enjoy London like we should do and they will loose.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by Odium]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sooooo... What does this attack, the Madrid train bombings, WTC, countless numbers of bus bombs, Bali, and a plethera of others all have in common????? Bueller?? Anyone???

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
QUOTE:
The worst Attack on London since World War II:

www.npr.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrymac
Even if I do come across as a dumass.

That report you gave, and what, a few hours after it happened, was obviously not comming from a 'dumbass'.

The only dumbass is the twit who started the rant that you had to respond to. This is a terror attack, and we've got people ranting at one of the people attacked?

it's a bomb? There's been a bomb on a bus?"
And then we heard the explosion

Thats absolutely incredible. Do you know anyone else that was caught up in it?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
2 dead plus one subsequently died of wounds on the bus. A very lucky escape (so far) unbelievable when you see the bus - thank god he wasn't downstairs!!!

Total now 37 dead - hopefully no more

[edit on 7-7-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
French source - 50 dead

*Sighs*

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
And as I'm sure asala and every other Londoner knows, we fear not the luftwaffe, Militant Islam or the Irish.

Hopefully, just like every other attack we will go on as normal. As far as I am aware the clubs my friends worked in our still opening, tomorrow they've been told to come to work. There's a choice, we panic, we run, we live in fear and "they" win or we go on, enjoy our lives and enjoy London like we should do and they will loose.

[edit on 7/7/2005 by Odium]

All we can do is to carry on as per-normal, there is no point in letting todays events change the way in which live in any way, shape or form. As you say if we don't, they win.

So may the Stiff-upper lip's strong relationship with the Union Jack continue.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
Bush and Blair staged this to help thier sagging poll numbers

I think what you mean to say was, "In my opinion, Bush and Blair staged this to help thier sagging poll numbers". Unless you'd like to share the source of your intel with us that can back this unfounded claim up.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To all our British ATS members- We stand beside you in this time of tragedy. Our condolences go out to your entire nation. Just as you have been with us every step of the way, so shall we be at your side.

Today's events further cast light upon the type of savagery we are facing. Our enemies seek to break our will and crush our resolve via a campaign of fear by senseless murder. They will not prevail. Terrorism will go the way of all those who dared to challenge our alliance- Naziism, fascism and totalitarianism. Never will we live in a world where those who systematically murder innocent men, women and children because of a radical and twisted agenda, find even a moment's rest. We will hunt down each and every individual who subscribes to their ideology. And we will not stop until we rid the world of these cowards.

Our thoughts and prayers are with our sister nation, the United Kingdom.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What do all these things have in common???...ISLAM !”.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by asala]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join