It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
This bothers me a lot, and I'm sitting over in America!

I wouldn't doubt that it's to pass some form of fascist legislation over there. Next thing you know, before you get on a train or a bus, "Papers please."

I'm wondering, anything special about the July 7 date?

yeah,

9x11

11 11 11=6
11 11 11=6
11 11 11=6

today 777

7/7/2005(2+5=7)

bottom line
------------------------
(staged events)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

Originally posted by AgentSmith
** NEWS FLASH **

People are being told to move away from the Victoria Station area, more news to come.

Any more news on this? Where did you hear this from?

It was just reported on FOX News a few minutes ago. Supposedly there was a suspicious package on one of the train cars.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I was on a bus near the bus that exploded this morning. The strange thing was that the reason given for the tube stops near me being shut was just that there'd been a "powercut". Then I got on this bus, not really knowing where it was going. People were trying to phone each other and someone was speaking very loudly on the phone and saying "there's been an explosion?" "A bomb? There's been a bomb on a bus?"

She was promptly told to shut up and not scare everyone. And then we heard this almighty bang. Almighty bang. And people started getting up and moving towards the door quite frantically. It was an explosion from a bus fairly far away that we couldn't see. But someone shouted "there's a bomb on the bus, get out get out."

A dark skinned man, I think was pushed against the doors as we tried to get out but I don't know. Maybe he was trying to keep the doors closed. That's what we thought at the time - and it's the typical "he's foreign, he must be a terrorist" response from a lot of us. I actually think he was just caught up and pushed against it. But people were screaming at him and when he eventually fell out of the bus as the doors opened he ran off, probably afraid of what was going to happen to him.

I lost my vision for a moment and had to sit down and then I think I fainted. God knows how awful it must have been for those actually caught on the underground or near the real bus attack. It was awful. I then didn't know how to get home with no transport appearing safe and no officials to ask (they must have all been at the scenes of the attacks).

Now I'm totally paranoid about using the tube again. I always knew this'd happen at some stage and it's actually happened on my route to work - and it just seems totally hard to believe.

The only positive thing I think, is that a lot of people escaped serious injury. Sounds to me like the terrorists only seriously hurt people in their carriages or on their floor of that bus. I'm surprised by the way those in the adjacent carriages got out more or less unscathed. And the reaction of the emergency services has been a lot better than I would've expected.

I had to go into a paper shop to get an A-Z of London as I was still totally confused as to where I was and didn't know how far I had to walk. The Asian dude was almost having to "answer" to some idiot saying to him "Dyou hear all this about the bombs mate. Naughty, very naughty" accusingly. Any misguided contempt I might have had for the Islamists who supposedly caused this dissolved as I saw this ordinary guy, probably Muslim, probably as worried about relatives as the rest of us. I asked him directions to Finsbury Park and although he didn't know he said I could have this A-Z for free. The ones they had were about 10 quid so that was quite something. A real show of solidarity for someone like me, not in real need at all, but just a bit dazed.

I kept trying to phone people to find out what had happened and as it turns out those who'd made it to work had been told to stay in the building. What amazed me was how calm everyone was - almost looking to the sky as they scurried to work on foot as if to say "Cor blimey, this is ALL I need today." Maybe they didn't know the extent of things yet...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ThePunisher,

You are correct, they were staged..as in "planned, then carried out"
But who staged them?
My money is on Islamic Terrorists..

[edit on 7-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Guys on an average weekday there's 2-3 tube stations and 1 mainline station closed for an hour or two for package alerts - we have alerts like you wouldn't believe, people here are really on the ball re left bags etc. BBC radio just went off the air for 5 mins - just another alert.

We're getting back to normal now - seriously we're quite used to this sort of thing.

Response from UK emergency services was absloutely first-rate. No reports here of failure in the plan.

Our Govt don't need any more powers - they have more than enough - some of the toughest in the World.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
This may seem unconnected, but bare with me.

Did anyone here happen to go to the Hyde Park Live8 concert on Saturday, if so did you walk up the Edgware Road?

Did you notice any white balloons?

And what was written on them?

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I've been trying to make my way home, the transport system was a little chaotic, happy to be home and alive.

The questions above regarding white balloons sounds a touch strange and may have nothing to do with the attacks.

Apparently the balloons were all along the Edgware Road leading up to Hyde Park, the venue for Live8, there was what appeared to be Arabic writing on the baloons and some english writing that said "Goodbye London".

It may of been someone leaving to go home. The Edgware Road has a large Middle Eastern Community.

This could be highly coincidental or highly relevant.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Can we find between us the ACTUAL site that claimed responsibilty? If the BBC can find it why cant we? Its out there somewhere. Then we could get someone to literally hack it and find out where it was last posted from etc etc etc. Easily done, some Way above work i believe.

This is terrible, and its time we actually were vigilant like we are constantly asked to be

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I work nights and just woke up here at home, in the heartland of the USA. I feel safe and warm. My heart hangs heavy with anguish and a large sense of loss for my beloved London and the wonderful people who live there. I am not going to try to contact friends for a few day, but my heart and prayers are with them.

May we all, as civilized people, find the perpatrators of terrorism, and put a final paid to them. May we all, as civilized people, come together in support of our fellow human beings, friends, and family injured and killed in these cowardly, spineless, attacks.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Glad to see it did not stop London to badly either, I guess all those years of the I.R.A. bombing London has resulted in a rather "hardend" community. From what I have been told (by people who live in London/friends of mine) they reckon the tube will be up and running no later then Friday and back to normal.

Which is good.
They want to destroy the financial heart of Britain and by the look of it, we won't let them.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow, close call kerrymac, glad you are unharmed, and hope you are ok!
Koka, those balloons sound strange, not sure if it could be relevant to todays events, but its strange nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm concerned about this vigilence we'll now have to employ. I was thinking this morning that the only way I'm getting on the underground again is if people literally do search all our bags. (like that's going to happen) But my thoughts went back to that Michael Moore film that illustrates the self fulfilling prophecy that paranoia creates.

It's hard to know how to react to all this.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey this really does have the ear marks of an Al-Qaeda attack, same MO as 911 it appears...

JERUSALEM - British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn't aware of any Israeli casualties.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Tapeworm]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Michael Moore!??

and comments like this - The british government would not do this just for ID cards, I have enough trust in my government to believe they did not do this. I mean, the look on Tony Blairs face, unlike Bush on 9/11 blair actually looked shocked by the news.

Wake up !

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhh

Maybe it was islamic terrorists?
maybe santa exists?
maybe some of you should grow up and get a girlfriend?

Do you honestly believe good ol' Tony Blair give a toss?
He has been groomed in the same way other puppet leaders have been!

I suppose some of you have posters of Bono on your walls and collect the tokens for 50p off "coldplay's" new release.

What a horrible place

(Mod Edit- NO insults )

[edit on 7-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrymac
I'm concerned about this vigilence we'll now have to employ. I was thinking this morning that the only way I'm getting on the underground again is if people literally do search all our bags. (like that's going to happen) But my thoughts went back to that Michael Moore film that illustrates the self fulfilling prophecy that paranoia creates.

It's hard to know how to react to all this.

Yeah, its a real Catch-22 isn't it!?
I can't imagine being in such a position, and i honestly don't know what i would do either. I would like to think i would not give in and need to be interrogated when merely riding a bus or train. However, you would have so much fear in you that you would think it may be the best thing to do.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
Can we find between us the ACTUAL site that claimed responsibilty? If the BBC can find it why cant we? Its out there somewhere.

This is what I was thinking - Where is this site?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow....Incredible - Thanks for sharing your first-hand account of the events....I'm glad to hear you came out okay....

Any misguided contempt I might have had for the Islamists who supposedly caused this dissolved as I saw this ordinary guy, probably Muslim, probably as worried about relatives as the rest of us. I asked him directions to Finsbury Park and although he didn't know he said I could have this A-Z for free. The ones they had were about 10 quid so that was quite something. A real show of solidarity for someone like me, not in real need at all, but just a bit dazed.

It seems during times of tragedy, our contempt for others is shadowed by our good will....Our desire to simply "be".....

I can certainly say that the events of 9/11 brought that very same - almost near euphoric sense of generosity and understanding to me.....Today, even though across the pond, I've felt those same emotions trickle back down my spine....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie
Michael Moore!??

and comments like this - The british government would not do this just for ID cards, I have enough trust in my government to believe they did not do this. I mean, the look on Tony Blairs face, unlike Bush on 9/11 blair actually looked shocked by the news.

Wake up you #ing loosers!

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhh

Maybe it was islamic terrorists?
maybe santa exists?
maybe some of you should grow up and get a girlfriend?

Do you honestly believe good ol' Tony Blair give a toss?
He has been groomed in the same way other puppet leaders have been!

I suppose some of you have posters of Bono on your walls and collect the tokens for 50p off "coldplay's" new release.

What a horrible place hell will be thanks to some of the dumb asses on this forum

Hey hey hey! I didn't mean that film - I meant the one where the fact that Americans are scared leads to them carrying guns which in turn gives them more of a reason to be afraid - as everyone's armed all the time.

I'm talking about a situation where we're suspicious of everyone and begin to show contempt for each other.

I understand your annoyance. God knows, I'm tired of people with their Bono posters and kids going to anti-war protests just so they can see friends and things...but we've gotto be tolerant of each other. Even if I do come across as a dumass. I'm sure we all do at times.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

People were trying to phone each other and someone was speaking very loudly on the phone and saying "there's been an explosion?" "A bomb? There's been a bomb on a bus?"

She was promptly told to shut up and not scare everyone. And then we heard this almighty bang. Almighty bang. And people started getting up and moving towards the door quite frantically. It was an explosion from a bus fairly far away that we couldn't see. But someone shouted "there's a bomb on the bus, get out get out."

Just wondering, you said BEFORE you heard the explosion that someone said "There's been a bomb on a bus"??? There was only one explosion on a bus, how could they have said that.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
Can we find between us the ACTUAL site that claimed responsibilty? If the BBC can find it why cant we? Its out there somewhere.

This is what I was thinking - Where is this site?

seriously DONT, that is what the security services are paid to do and you can bet that is what they are doing right now! An attempt to hack the site just makes their job much harder .

What use would that information be to you anyway?

Please think before you act!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bush and Blair staged this to help thier sagging poll numbers

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join