It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to survive a NBC attack?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Before getting started, it must be understood that any and all known measures and countermeasures are being rendered obsolete. However not all at the same rate, so developed techniques are still certifiable. With this in mind study what is, and be ready for what isn't.

The U.S. Armed Forces Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Survival Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Protect Yourself and Your Family From the Growing Terrorist Threat

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Experts agree that the next terrorist attack on our soil will not come in the same form as September 11. The possibility of nuclear, chemical or biological attack is increasingly likely. The U.S. Armed Forces Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Counter-Terrorism Handbook will enable its readers to survive such an attack. It contains the best practices of the United States' military, completely edited and adapted for civilian use. For example, readers will learn how to:

You will have to read on to know the rest. How ever right now I am adding more, in hopes of inspiring a series of replies.

This is just the information given to civilians on the subject. The war part, is left to those in the military, more on that later.

There seems to be a growing trend which is, "people learning that history repeats". They are starting to see the patterns of reoccurance, and in this the dire need to inform as many people as they can. This is imporant for ensured mutual survival, since mutual destruction already is a very real possibility. If you are interested more in how your future family will be in 25 years than say, yourself, it is suggested to read on. As this relates to you and yours.

Sure this may sound like more scare tactics, but I am sure you know better, these are "care tactics".
Following is the rest of the above quote;

Gain knowledge of an impending chemical attack using a simple warning system;
Protect against biological threats such as anthrax with a series of inoculations;
Guard against fallout from a terrorist nuke;
Achieve basic protection during chemical or biological attacks with a simple mask; and
Administer first aid after nuclear, chemical or biological attacks with a simple first aid kit.

Where can you learn more about this, try Barnes & Noble

Don't like to read, then what are you doing here of all places on the internet?!
Ok, to continue lets get into the information not generally available to the public. First off there are two cases for the information being unavailable. People are not aware that they have some thing at their disposal, do to simple ignorance. Then there is not knowing how or where to look, if they are aware. This thread as I was hoping will generate replies, from across it's member spectrum, to compile related survival information. This in turn maybe, will encourage it's membership and lurking viewers to make some attempt towards mutual survival, in a cohesive way of course.

So with out further delay, presenting information from my country to yours, with the expectation that others will do the same of course. The info will be not so available sources. Go ahead and look the list over, it's ok to start where your interested.

Biological Warfare Agents as Threats to Potable Water

Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Terrorism and Covert Attack

Managing the Emergency Consequences of Terrorist Incidents

Preparing for the consequences of a biological agent/ Commanders Guidebook

1 December 00 Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.

11 July 2000

113 NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL, AND CHEMICAL (NBC) DEFENSE FUNDAMENTALS

USAF ABILITY TO SURVIVE A NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL, AND. CHEMICAL (NBC) ENVIRONMENT

Terrorism/Warfare Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear

Design and fielding of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) defense

This one is more of a read than the rest.
A Failure of Vision Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.

There are many more sources of information on this matter. Better sources no doubt, however this should be enough to get any one started. Feel free to add onto and if needed critique this list.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Dude, why rehash an old subject for??

This was all outlined in the 50's by Bert the Turtle already.
I think we know what to do

Why would the government lie to us?

Anyway to contribute something to this thread, here's a good site with a whole heap of info about this subject:

www.radshelters4u.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm such a jew.

[edit]
I agree James how ever, blue balls are still blue balls.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Because every one is not as cold war savvy as you or I.
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe, not every one is a Sherlock Holmes like you, with the Dr Watson scholarship with D for diarrhea of the mouth and finders award?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
if you know a NBC weapon is on its way you should get as close to the strike zone as possible. If you initially survive stay outside for as long as you can because you aint wanting to survive one of them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Because every one is not as cold war savvy as you or I.
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe, not every one is a Sherlock Holmes like you, with the Dr Watson scholarship with D for diarrhea of the mouth and finders award?

Have YOU ever understood sarcasim??
Or do you take Bert the Turtle seriously and i stepped on your toes?

[edit on 11-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by soapydodger
if you know a NBC weapon is on its way you should get as close to the strike zone as possible. If you initially survive stay outside for as long as you can because you aint wanting to survive one of them.

I actually like this one best - because I'd just be a thorn in everybody's side if I lived through it. Gawd knows I'm not going to hold the bucket when your puking your nuked guts out....and I really don't like tending burns and festering wounds. My best attributes are moaning convincingly under extreme physical distress, and sleeping when all others can't - especially in oppressively depressing and uncomfortable situations.

That aside - if you are of the mindset that you want to live through these things (and there are many who do - I have a niece who already has decided she will be nurse Nightingale and set afoot helping others) listen to the Advisor. Also, have your iodine pills and masks - remember, a concrete cellar is about as good as it gets - you'll need to protect your air supply as best you can. Wet masks - and it can be as simple as wet rags- can do alot to keep out bad pukie from your lungs - and never forget - the spice isn't what keeps you alive - WATER IS. Lots of fresh clean water.

Good luck! and may the force be with you!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Even a large scale warhead has an effective range of a 30 mile radius.
So visualize that even a well placesd modern day, nuclear warhead or bio weapon, would maybe effect one US city How many US cities are there?>

What is the reality of a large scale NBC going off. Not very damm good.
Are you ready for no gas? Are you ready for global warming? Are you ready for a a fragment from an asteroid that we just blew up hitting the earth?

This my friends, is how terror wins. This is how terror makes us less.
And this is exactly how its deployed. Through fear and imagination.

Think of all the possibilities.

If if was a fifth, wed all be drunk.

Peace

[edit on 11-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
That is why I left your post unchanged, unlike the others who replied. Such as James's, and the other members that I deleted for not being on topic. Of course I "comprende" sarcasm, hence my references to fictional detectives with faster than molasses side kicks.

HIFIGUY, nothing against you, but are you off your rocker?
30 miles, is nothing compared to the blast radius of Russias largest nukes.
Which are being reproduced by any and every country that can afford to buy them. China has some really nice CHICOM replicas that will make a fine dirty bombs for a cheap terrorist cell. Get a big nuke, break it down into a bunch of smaller nukes and God only knows what the wind will do once the fallout is caught in a gulf stream.

Placed in a water filtration plant, and there will be more than 30 miles of distruction. Or what about a biological contaminate loaded onto grey hound buses. I could go on, but I don't want to "scare" anyone, or give potential terrorists any ideas if they read ATS.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
For those of you wanting to calculate blast radius according to Megaton wardheads, Ive pasted a link for you.

www.fas.org...

Its lets you see how senseless nuclear weapons really are.

The radiuses released for large megaton blasts are roughly 2500 square miles. Meaning 50 miles by 50 miles. Of course the nuclear fallout the ensued would be devastating, killing people in the host country most likely provided it isnt the United States as a target.

So to answer the question, yes....I am off my rocker. And so would anyone else who thought they had the authority to launch a nuclear weapon and kill 100s of thousands of people at a single command.

No man, country or otherwise, should have that much power. There will never be a case where we will need to use them, and should we, its too late already.

Peace

[edit on 12-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
seeing as they have been invented I'd rather that we had at least one. It s a bargaining chip. It'll sit their until its as useful as a waterpistol. Firing it is not the point of them.

new topics

top topics

join