It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the greatness of vin diesel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this is a thread to comment on the greatness and amazingness of Vin Diesel. How kick a$$ is a person with the name vin diesel. Let us discuss his greatness.

Trutt

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i like his movies. hes pretty good. although if he messes up his new movie i will hate him for a while. i really dont see him a cold dark killer going on hit missions. (hitman the movie. vins supposed to be agent 47. check movie threads for more info)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Vin Disel is infact FPS Doug!

external image

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
His real name is Mark Vincent, which is kinda dorky. If you change your name, it can be as cool as you want.
I think he is a no talent hack and, I hope he burns in hell right next to Nick Cage.
That's just me though.

[edit on 7/9/05 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My name is Tinkle, and I'm an addict.

I hereby confess my (utterly unfathomable) absolute fascination with His High Lord Vin Of Dieselness.

I don't know what it is....but the man just renders me completely incoherent (perhaps to match his conversational skills? Hmmmm) with all kinds of naughty thoughts.

I know he can't act so well. I know he has a silly name. I know my first name doesn't go well with 'Diesel', at all.

But he's just...hawter than Satan's ..uh...crotch. Yeah. That's the word.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's only room for one 'diesel' in this world and that's Shaq Diesel. Go steal another name Vin. You have to wonder about the guy's career choices though. In my opinion XXX had a chance to be a pretty good series of movies for Vin, so what does he do, he drops that to go play a Navy Seal nanny. Way to go Vin!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
vin diesel has 2 speeds...walk and kill

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of sad that all of our action stars are getting old and retiring? It'd be nice to see Arnold keep getting reelected, but I want him back in movies before he's way too old. He's going to die of a heart attack if not natural causes. But the point is, our friend Vinny must be crying himself to sleep, knowing that he has to follow in Arnie's and everyone else's footsteps and practically hold up the genre. At least from what I've seen, the industry is lacking real action heros. Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about, huzzah!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He has the looks but he s not the greatest actor for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The reason why Vin Diesel was so good in The Fast and The Furious and the 2 Pitch Black movies was because he barely had 5 lines to his name in the entire movie (and that as the lead role in all 3 movies :p)

The second he opens his mouth (like he does much to often in the movie "The Pacifier") it all goes down the drain real fast.

He has the perfect style and body to be a modern action hero, but utterly lacks the brains and speech skills to be anything more then a mute massmurderer.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
He has the perfect style and body to be a modern action hero, but utterly lacks the brains and speech skills to be anything more then a mute massmurderer.

I wasn't wanting him to talk to me ....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What suprised me was watching my dvd of Saving Private Ryan. Look who one of the main group who went to save Ryan was:

I was shocked.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

He has the perfect style and body to be a modern action hero, but utterly lacks the brains and speech skills to be anything more then a mute massmurderer

Oh, and Arnold or Sly are just SO eloquent?

Poor speech skills, good pecs, and sheer apparent grit are the prime requisites of an action star....

I'm with Dr. Love on this though, XXX could have been the next Rambo or Terminator franchise, and he screwed it up...what a loon. Either that, or they didn't want to pay him some ridiculous amount he asked for (in which case he's still a loon, as residuals would have more than made him a mint).

Where oh where have our action stars gone....???

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

I think he is a no talent hack and, I hope he burns in hell right next to Nick Cage

You go wash your mouth out. Nick is GREAT.

I do agree Vin is Crap.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mr ZZZ, did you know that the part was actually written speshully for Vinny baby?.

Tis true.

Mr Spielberg saw Vin's self-directed piece - the name of which completely escapes me - (which was actually accepted for the 97 Sundance Festival), and wrote in the part of Pt Carpazo because he was apparently a wee bit impressed.

This news was rather embarassing at first, as I - like everyone else - thought he was thick as two short planks. However, this was not nearly as embarassing as finding out that Dolph Lundgren (who I also thought was all brawn, no brains) held a Masters in Chem. Eng and was awarded a Fulbright scholarship to MIT.

These days I make a point of never, ever assuming that tough guys on TV are all stupid....

Here endeth today's Bulking Up 101 lesson.

Take notes, there may be a test later

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Aside from enjoying Vin Diesel's performance in the science fiction thriller "Pitch Black" I cannot say that I think that this actor is "great". He is an actor, nothing more nothing less. Just because I enjoy a film, an actors' performance or even a character within a film does not merit thinking that someone is "great". I leave that honor to those individuals who truly are "great"; physicians, scientists, philosophers etc. Even then, excellence in a field only means that a person is great within his or her chosen field.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, some actors can show a remarkable degree of skill, talent, and range. Tom Hanks for example (from Money Pit to Saving Private Ryan), or Leonardo DiCaprio (from Titanic to Aviator), Johnny Depp (from Edward Scissorhands to a Pirate), etc, DeNiro and Pacino ....All have played (successfully) some pretty varied characters...

You go wash your mouth out. Nick is GREAT.

He plays pretty much the same character in every flick! (himself) Though he was excellent in Raising Arizona, where he showed a little bit of range.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Mr sex god!!

oni x x

top topics

join