It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE NEW DEBATE TOURNAMENT!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, I'll do something. I don't know what, but I'll do something. Man the concession stand. Pull FunGirl's ponytail...something. I'm in.

Oh, I'm quite confident that FunGirl is being her sprightly little self in rooting 'against' me.

As per that bizarre initiation by fire she was given today, I've always felt that girls, who in Val's words "cross and uncross their legs", add a little spice to life. Spice makes the blood flow, and blood keeps a man alive.

But, as for the issue at hand -- that of drumming up contestants for the debate by bumping my taunts into the fresh posts box every so often -- I have little interests in drawing factions, clans, or voting blocks to my side. Like all true villains, I choose the path of the absolute independent, the black knight, as it were....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Qualification ends on AT 12:01 pm (GMT) this Friday.

U2U me you entry with an answer to this question.In no more than 250 words.

What happened to the Marie Celeste?

There are just over 3 days before qualification ends.

Goodluck!

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think that a grudge match between valhall and fungirl is inorder

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd pay good money to see that

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Post #s 150944 and 150945 (Fairness In Warnings thread) reflect my position on this most recent suggestion.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Post #s 150944 and 150945 (Fairness In Warnings thread) reflect my position on this most recent suggestion.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
But in that other thread, they were two separate ideas, not a useless doubling up of posts.

I hate needless, superfluous, tautological, redundant expressions.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
...and we all know that the "I don't have time" excuse isn't going to cut it for those members that post 20 times a day and are logged on for 7+ hours at a time. If anything, F-G will be the one with the least spare time on her hands...

Come to think of it, this goes for all the 'greats' who won't apply for the main tourney. I'm sure that all the real greats (who aren't serving as judges) have the ability to participate...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry dudes,
Val just say that she doesn't want to go up against FG (you know, the person she attacked as her mental inferior). Still, one hopes that the 'most appreciated' ATS member has the guts to enter the overall tournament.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There are aproximately 28 hrs left for entries.

Even if I only have two entries the tournament will start on Sunday.
The two debate topics.

1/Euthanasia should be legalised.

2/There is no such thing in the world today as Democracy.

If I still only have enough people for one challenger round,the first topic will be used.

Thankyou.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
I think that a grudge match between valhall and fungirl is inorder

Sorry Jim, but I think it is these types of arguements that bring ATS to it's ultimate lows. This is a site about aliens, conspiracies, NWO, and the such. Where in the arguement between FunGirl and Valhall did you see any of the above mentioned issues?

Please people, let us let the childish and chitty chatty bickering stop. The best way to stop it is to ignore it. Or better yet, scold such behavior as useless and ignorant. I see no reason why we should have to hear two women argue over something so out of context. It blows my mind that people here are so interested in something so elementry. I think everyone needs to get over it. It it an issue that they should work out in private. It doesn't need to be publizied. I would really love to see the mods speak out aganist such diversionary and evasive speech and flame. It is not contributing to the integrity of the site what so ever. The worst contribution is that of those that agree that this issue between these two ladies should be publizied. Please just forget about it. Let us move on and talk politics for once.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Say, I haven't been keeping up with this debate, so I don't know how this works, who is debating, or what those that debate would be debating about, but if you don't mind me joining I would like to be a contributor. I could even suggest some topics to debate on if you need any. Someone please get back to me on this. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Fester,

I meant that they could debate about some ON TOPIC issue... say, for instance, the two could debate about Jason Society or something... I wasn't looking forward to a debate on nail polish or which mall has the best stores...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join