It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army gives $5 billion of work to Halliburton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The U.S. military has signed on Halliburton (NYSE:HAL - news) to do nearly $5 billion in new work in Iraq under a giant logistics contract that has so far earned the Texas-based firm $9.1 billion, the Army said on Wednesday.

Linda Theis, a spokeswoman for U.S. Army Field Support Command in Rock Island, Illinois, said the military signed the work order with Halliburton unit Kellogg Brown and Root in May.

The new deal, worth $4.97 billion over the next year, was not made public when it was signed because the Army did not consider such an announcement necessary, she said.

Halliburton shares have rallied 13 percent since the beginning of June, bolstered by high crude oil prices.

Source

Well thats, ... nice. 5 billion bucks.

A top U.S. Army procurement official said last week Halliburton's deals in Iraq were the worst example of contract abuse she had ever seen, a claim KBR strongly rejected as "political rhetoric."

Wonder what they would find if they looked into all the bills.

Again, reminds me of the gomery inquiry in Canada.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes any mention of the word contract and Halliburton is fraud, theft, wrong, illegal. Wait what about the contract itself? I doest matter its illegal come its Halliburton how can it not illegal, you are brain washed it illegal because its Halliburton. When are we going to gown up and really deny ignorance?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks to me that America is as corrupt as Russia,why doesn't anyone question the favoritism of the Government in awarding contracts?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A short story on salaries and benefits, my cousin and his son applied to KBR via the internet as that is the only way to apply, and both were hired.

My cousin and his son are high school educated, no college and no real lifetime careers, small jobs, enough to get by to support family, typical dead end jobs.

My cousin was hired as a labor foreman teaching Iraq citizens construction, building army bases, he is teaching kids 12 to 16 years of age being paid a pitance, he is making $87,000.00 anually, lives in one of Saddams palaces, lots of benefits, paid vacations to and from the states, cell phone, all meals etc.

My cousins son is a fork lift operator, his salary is $47,000.00 anually, nontaxed (any salary less than $80,000.00 is not taxed).

Oh and an in law of mine also applied and was hired as security, i do not know where he is top secret! I graduated with this guy, average joe with only high school education.

I am applled, where does this money come from to pay this company, we have no health care, i am barely maintaining the american dream, lol, owning my own home, and i know of people living in their car and srorage units. Shame on our goverment.
kelly

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
American companies should get all the contracts in Iraw or a good deal of them, afterall it was the US that spent the most money in ridding Sadam Hussein and his government.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
People have been looking into the contracts for some time now. It doesnt take long to get the ball rolling. I ask you to compare the alleged abuse to that of the Gomery inquiry in Canada, if you know what that is.

Washington post articles

Does it sound a little familiar to this?

Gomery

Gomery government website

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
... you are brain washed it illegal because its Halliburton.

And you are convinced it should not be questioned because...?

The fact that a company who's board included Dick Cheney up until he bacame VP (and from which he still gets paid) receives over $9 Billion dollars in contracts, most of them no-bid contracts, to fix the mess started by going to war on lies. All to fatten their wallets.

This should not be questioned or challenged?

When are we going to gown up and really deny ignorance?

OK.
You first.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What did the British get out of this then ? Probably nothing , we waste out time fighting with America.Its time the Brits wised up and bring our army home and stop being a lacky to American Business.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
What did the British get out of this then ? Probably nothing , we waste out time fighting with America.Its time the Brits wised up and bring our army home and stop being a lacky to American Business.

we wouldnt be getting nothing or we wouldnt be there.

new topics

top topics

join