It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What will happen when all the ice in the world melts will we go under water i just wanna no or am i just just another waterworld freak

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
its vary scarey to think what will happenen when all the polar ice melts it is sure to cause rising sea levels i would think,we should all be worried about global warming and the effect it will have on earth in years to come.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's no evidence to support that this is possible under current conditions. Another left-wing scare tactic of mother nature comming to bite us in the as ss for being such sentient beibngs.

But if you must think, watch the movie Waterworld with Kevin Costner. Underrated and bashed too hard by many critics.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We won't go under water at all - we freeze.

The ice caps melting is what starts the cycle of an Ice Age.

Better buy a swimming pool for now ...................... and some thermal underwear for later.

Misfit

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
There's no evidence to support that this is possible under current conditions. Another left-wing scare tactic of mother nature comming to bite us in the as ss for being such sentient beibngs.

Your partisan comment is illogical and only serves to further divide your nation. I recommend reading SkepticOverlord's OP/ED: Dark Days. (The black band on ATS). In stead of antagonizing your political opponents lets just get to the facts.

It has been determined that the ice in the Arctic is melting so rapidly that much of it could be gone by the end of the century.

Here is a map of Florida

Using computer models, scientists have created a series of maps that show areas susceptible to rises in sea level. The above map shows that a 6-meter (20-foot) rise would swamp Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, and the entire Florida coastline, in addition to parts of Orlando and other inland areas.

news.nationalgeographic.com

In 2004, 300 scientists warned of an accelerating melt-off. They conducted a four-year study that found that Arctic temperatures are rising twice as fast as the rest of Earth, with a potential to raise sea levels.
www.csmonitor.com

Take a look at the evidence presented by the ACIA (Arctic Climate Impact Assessment). They are a non-governmental organization that include members from Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, the Russian Federation, Sweden, and the United States of America.
They say the big melt has begun.

We are not looking at a "Water World" or a "Day After Tomorrow." We are looking at a full meter rise in world sea levels in this century.

new topics

top topics

join