It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking! Bush Agrees with Human Effect of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
On his way to the G8 summit, G.W. Bush stopped Denmark and confirmed at a news conference that there is a human factor in global warming.

thehawaiichannel.com
GLASGOW, Scotland -- President George W. Bush has acknowledged that "the surface of the Earth is warmer and that an increase in greenhouse gases caused by humans is contributing to the problem."

However, the president also made clear in a stopover in Denmark on his way to Scotland to join other leaders for the G-8 summit that he isn't warming up to the Kyoto Protocol. He rejected the international treaty that would impose mandatory limits to cut greenhouse gases.

Bush said he'll promote an alternative U.S. plan that will use technology to deal with climate change.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My jaw dropped while I was reading about this. With all the debate on global warming its great to hear the President of the United States make this statement. It looks like things are finally moving in America to battle green house gases. Only yesterday Arnold Schwarzenegger had announced his plan to take on Global Warming.

Related Links:
Schwarzenegger To Battle Global Warming.
Queen Elizabeth Urges US Global Warming Rethink
Scientists: Man Made Global Warming is Undeniable
White House Changes Reports to Cast Doubt on Climate Experts

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think there's ever been a question that there is a human effect on global warming. The question is how big of an effect do we create.

I'm glad to see he at least aknowleged that, though. A lot of people refuse to even admit to the fact that humans do have an effect. There's just some evidence that cows may have more

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is more than what the leader of Alberta (where I live) has come out to say.

"Well, Jesus, you know, [maybe] we'll quit breathing. If everybody quit breathing can you imagine how much carbon dioxide we could avoid sending into the atmosphere?"
-Alberta Premier Ralph Klein

No wonder someone put a pie in his face.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think it's our methane production we need to get control over

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Bush has had to admit to global warming, i think hes going to say that America is developing new ways to produce energy that doesn't involve carbon. This will make the rest of the world think America cares, its just bluffing .There will be no change in American policy on global warming while the oil barons of America keep donating to his relection.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Of course, because any words and actions which appear to promote alternative energy research, such as funding that research, is all just a smokescreen so all the rich Republicans can continue to be paid off by oil industries.

What, short of agreeing to the Kyoto protocol which would throw America into a terrible economic recession were we to comply, could Bush possibly do or say to convince you otherwise?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
He's got his administration studying "other options".
He'd rather alter the earth's climate than do anything that
might be bad for the big corporation"s bottom line.

Take this lovely space mirror for instance. To bad he isn't willing to take
a look at himself in it.
www.popsci.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Alternative energies are a waste, besides nuke. Popular Science, as one poster mentioned, came out with a list of some rather cool ways to cut back on CO2, but in the end, nuke is the only true feasible option.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is there a way we can synthetically reproduce the effects plants have?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Davood, there is a few ideas on combating Global warming.
Here is a good link about the subject. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just hope something gets done soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Does this mean Ed Singer is WRONG?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
About the 'no man made global warming' thread?

The article he posted was disinformation created by the likes of Exxonmobile. Hopefully the dozens of GW posts I've made have countered any claims in that thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
There's just some evidence that cows may have more

And who rears the cows hmm? How much Methane AND C02 do we emmit into the atmosphere that is directly attributed to industrial farming? Methane from Cows is a human made problem just as C02 from Cars is one.(Not the actualy METHANE from them is man made but the populations which support our food chain is man made)

Frosty, you are incorrect about your assertion. There is more then enough power in the Waves, Sun & Wind to power our entire species for hundreds of years. It will just require allot of room to do. Best way to do it IMHO is to start building Nukes again while decentralizing the grid at the same time. Give incentives to put Solar Panels on rooftops of businesses. Yeah I know Solar only produces electricity during the day, but one thing people often overlook is that the time of day when it produces it's Peak amount of Wattage is also the same time when the Peak for energy consumption is (between 12pm-2pm). Each and every alternative tech will have it's place in the mixture. Depending on just 1 or 2 sources is too dangerous and unstable IMHO.

Of course this is all a stopgap measure until we perfect Fusion that is.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A big contributing factor to global change could be chemtrails:

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml[/ur l]

It's not our farts

new topics

top topics

join