It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looking for a few good CODERS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We are looking for a few REALLY GOOD MMORPG Coders. More to follow...

m...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ohh
can I be a thane? :p

ps:

nerf mib

ok enough nerdicaiton from me

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Can I farm items and sell them on ebay to pathetic rich losers who instead of using their ill-gotten gains to lord over weaker men, they dominate the PvP servers and make nerds cry?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This thread isn't about what we are possibly doing it's about CODERS PLEASE don't post unless YOU are interested in doing some CODING.

Thank You.

m...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I can code in Perl, Java and UNIX scripting languages plus normal C/C++/Objective-C but I don't think that qualifies for MMORPG...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What would constitute a "good coder"? I have a bit of web programming experience (5 yrs), and VB (current job is keeping me from .NET
), along with a lot of more ancient programming languages, from QBasic to assembly language for the Apple ][e.

So what constitutes a "good" programmer? Is there a test we can take? Also, what language are you looking at? I'd like to help if I could, but if I don't have experience in the languages you're going to be using, I would start out more as a hinderance than a help.

Also, through all of my web career and my current one, I am in charge of normalizing relational databases, which could also help y'all. EDIT:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've got a few years coding under my belt in a handful of languages. I've never seriously worked on any kind of RPG, online or otherwise, but I've thrown a couple of ideas around a few times. I've also got quite a bit of web development background in Java and C# mainly, but some Perl and PHP thrown in for good measure. What ever I can offer that you feel you can use is gladly given.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, should mention that I've never developed games professionally, but in my spare time for my own amusement I've created ASP-server-side games, some _javascript games, and one VB 5.0 RPG that was massive and awesome until I lost my compy
. That thing was fun! Now I feel bad, I think I'm going to crawl under my desk, pack up my things, sulk to my car, and drive 20 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane until I get home

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let me help poor Springer with the particulars....

We need someone proficient in LAMP development with an eye toward distributed web applications that will run on multiple servers. Candidates must also be database design gurus with the ability to work miracles with MySQL.

The presentation layer will likely be an AJAX application, so we're also looking for solid AJAX developers, or, even better, someone who can accomodate our needs on both presentation and web application ends.

We can't go into much more details... but the finished project will be freely distributed under the GNU license.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm new in AJAX, however, in mySQL I might just be able to work those miracles.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We can't go into much more details... but the finished project will be freely distributed under the GNU license.

Is this an ATS project or a separate commercial venture?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Let me help poor Springer with the particulars....

Poor me... That's why I said "more to follow"
That's what we need guys and gals... Anybody?

m...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

If it's under the free GNU license, it wouldn't be commercial would it?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

If it's under the free GNU license, it wouldn't be commercial would it?

That depends on the goals and infrastructure and financing, not just the distribution of the product.

My primary question was really "Is it related to ATS?"

I will patiently await to find out. I had a good candidate in mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hehe touche', SO!

I'm not familiar with either LAMP or AJAX, so unless y'all are strapped for coders and would like me to learn, I'm out on that aspect. I'm willing to offer mySQL services, if you'd like them, but that would be more for database design, not integration into the program (again, though, I can learn). Lemme know if ya can't find those "good" programmers you're looking for, and would like one who could learn.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, im pretty proficient in AJAX (XMLHttpRequest), PHP and Javascript. I know my way around the LAMP apps aswell, the P being PHP and not Perl or Python. I'd be willing to help as much as I can. Are you looking for more, 1 person or a group of people?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I know this isn't as important as some of the more recent events in the world, but I was curious if anything's been moving along on this yet. Any plans, "hires", etc.?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
I know this isn't as important as some of the more recent events in the world, but I was curious if anything's been moving along on this yet. Any plans, "hires", etc.?

I was wondering the same. Springer was contacting me about it, but hasnt replied to my U2Us about it in nearly 2 weeks. Im just wondering if this project isnt going to happen now, or just hasnt started yet, and if it hasnt, when will it?

new topics

top topics

join